This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I use a CapAnalyzer 88A. It's found many bad caps for me over the past two yrs. I'm always trying to learn more. Glad to be aboard-
    Thanks!

Comment

Just joined the site tonight. I've been reading up some of the threads about how to fix LCD TV's (before I registered). I'm working on a busted Samsung 46" TV that has a bunch of new caps (because that's what the internet said is always the problem), but still blows the 3.15a fuse on the power supply board. I've been doing some more research, but will likely post up a new thread looking for some guidance on what to look at next. Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

I'm from Poland.

Just joined here, to find out whats wrong with my HP monitor. Maybe I find answers here

Comment

Hello,
          My name is Dommy and I am from Rome capitol city of Italy, just joined to the forum few hours ago.
          I was googling for to find help for a Sony KDL 40x3500 T-CON toruble.
          Hoping that the forum can help me.
          Thanks all
          Dommy

Comment

Hi everyone, my names Kris and I live in London, and I have joined this forum looking for help to fix tv's etc. Due to sudden illness and being housebound for the last few years, I was looking for a new hobby that could fit around my illness and being housebound. So far advice on this forum given to others has helped me fix my first plasma, but I definitely need help with my latest plasma. So as soon as I can post details I hope members will help educate me in how to fix them properly. P.s. Don't tell anyone that I use to be a plumber?

Comment

hello world

i have basic electronics understanding, and fixing laptops for hobby.
              i have a bga machine that i do reflow and rebaling but i would like to learn more on board repairs

Comment

Hey all. Name is James and I'm from North Carolina. Been lurking for about a month trying to learn a thing or two since my electronic experience is close to none. I'm going to try and post later in hopes of getting help on a plasma TV repair. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi! My name is Daniel I am a French born Portuguese that emigrated from Spain to England and drive a truck for a living!!
                  My hobbies are electronics and computers and I found this forum because it seems I have the Tokin\proadlizer problem in my toshiba A300 laptop, googling I found this great forum!

Comment

Hey everyone. I am new to this website and forum. I look forward to helping people and getting help from people. My name is Nate and I am from United States and I live in New Jersey. I live in the city of Trenton. I recently started fixing power supply boards and small electronics. The reason I started fixing things on my own was because I was having trouble when ordering power supply board's for TV's. people were sending me bad power supply boards that were burned out so I figured I try to start fixing them myself and then I found this forum. So,I hope we all can help each other out here. If there's anything you want to ask me feel free to ask away and if I can help anyone out,I promise to try my best.
                    Last edited by Trenton609; 11-15-2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Hi all

I am a software engineer from India in late 30s.
                      I love electronics.

I spend a lot of time online, but its been so long since i join any forum.

Since i ran into a small trouble, i thought i can give it a try with badcaps forum.

nice to join here.

Comment

Hi all,

my name is William, I am currently in Sydney, Australia. I am a computer programmer with interest in electronics. Hoping to find some clues for fixing TVs and SMPS here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzycapola View Post
                          Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Amstrad 464, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, Atari STFM,
                          Amiga 600, Amiga 1200 (probably the best affordable all round home
                          computer imo)

Well that was my childhood. Needless to say school teachers hadn't a clue
                          what I was writing about when they asked for essays on home life.

With money I was able to afford my first PC computer. I briefly had
                          an 8086 which helped in learning DOS but it was mis-sold to us as a much
                          higher rated PC. Not making the same mistake twice we bought a brand
                          new system from a premium retailer for £1500 ($2859.45). It was a brand
                          new on the market Pentium 75Mhz, a whopping 8Mb RAM, with 16bit sound
                          and a top end Diamond Stealth 2Mb PCI graphics card.

Hooked on the need for high performance to do more things quicker, after
                          winning a few thousand on the lottery. I self built myself a brand new on
                          the market Pentium Pro system ($1500 just for the CPU itself). Back then
                          nearly everyone I spoke to thought I had just a 200Mhz Pentium and hadn't
                          heard about Pentium Pro in their local stores, it was frustrating explaining
                          how it was hugely more powerful than their 'home user' systems. People
                          wouldn't sell me games and software cos they'd say my system wasn't as
                          powerful as a 233Mhz MMX - minimum spec to run etc grrr.

After that I kind of incrementally upgraded, mainly been with AMD and learnt
                          the benefit of large heavy copper blocks and giant noisy fans. But more
                          recently I've been investing in quiet PC components, such as thermally speed
                          controlled fans and most importantly a quiet hard drive and quiet enclosure,
                          anyone looking to reduce PC noise I strongly suggest enclosing your drives
                          in Silentmaxx enclosures, they have mixed reviews, but I find with a modern
                          low noise drive placed inside they virtually eliminate all HD noise completely.

I'm currently running an Athlon 1800 with a Radeon 9800XT for games, last
                          few years it was a 3200XP with a GF6800 but it blew itself apart just like
                          most high end equipment seems to. My home business system is a Dual Core
                          X2 3800+. My next purchase will most likely be a Quad Core Processor, AMD
                          or Intel depending on reviews and if the old A1800 survives that long.

My portable system is a WiFi Sempron 2800+ (latest 2006 revision) with ATI
                          graphics and is kind of the benchmark of quiteness that I hope my desktop
                          systems will eventually aspire to.

hello , iam a new memer

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi I'm Chris, I have no formal training, I just try to fix whatever breaks. It may be a car, a tv, or a leaky roof ha ha. My method is to study everything I can on a subject, fix my problem and move on to the next one. This forum looks perfect for what I need to fix my flat screen tv. Thank you to everyone for your knowledge and expertise.

Comment

Hi,I'm Karahan. I love electronics repair reballing and fixing notebook motherboards. Nice to join here

Comment

Hi Everyone;

My name is Dan. Been tinkering with electronics for a while now. A friend asked me to help him with some monitors. I am looking for schematics.

Comment

Hi all
                                    I like fixing anything electronic i get my hands on as a part time job.I still have a lot to learn though..

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm a long time lurker on this site, I've used information from this site to repair a variety of LCD monitors and other circuitry.

About me? Well, I'm was a geek before being a geek was cool, (i.e. I got beat up a lot in school!)!

I love technology, taking things apart, (I usually can get them back together ), mechanics, modifying electric scooters, computers and Linux.

I have had the opportunity to have seen a lot of the world and am currently living full time in a 36' motorhome, traveling around the US and Canada.
                                      Technology, computers, taking things apart, (sometimes putting them back together)

Living full time in a 36' RV, traveling across the US and Canada. Currently in Lake Wales, FL.

US Army veteran, disabled USAF veteran, (yes, I served in both branches)

Comment

Hello Bad cap group.
                                        I am Paul and have been repair electronics for longer than I care to remember. Looking forward to getting and sharing info on TV repair with this group. Just opened a new location in Babson Park Florida and hoping to do well here.
                                        God bless
                                        Paul

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Jason. I'm new to your forum looking for answers to some electronic questions. I'm looking for a replacement capacitor for a Xunda 1000uf 50v 105C T(M). I'm in Florida btw

Comment

Working...
                                          X