This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone my name is Steve and I'm from Lincolnshire of the UK. Been an avid electronics hobbyist since a young lad tinkering with old radios and record players etc. Moved on to the home computers in 1980's such as the ZX Spectrum, hence the username. Did study electronics in school, but mostly been self taught or read from books etc. These days I still tinker repairing electrical items. Currently looking for some help with a Polaroid TV fault which I will mention in another post.

Looking forward to being part of fellow like-mined community. Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by willawake View Post
      welcome feel free to ask any question or just have fun...
      hey no long story here,as a youth i used to take stuff apart and fix it, so i guess its no surprise i ended up being a professional handyman.
      still have an interest in electronics though.bad soldering joints seem to usually be the issue on stuff i have worked on,anything from dishwashers,ovens etc.
      now i am attempting to repair my LG 50pz550 tv. the hdmi inputs (3) do not work though the other inputs still work. looking at changing out the board, if anyone has knowledge on this.sure would like to hear from you!

Comment

Hello Everyone -- My electronics background started years ago in the service. I worked on F111's and F15's avionics. When I left the service I went to work for IBM servicing midrange computer systems.

I should mention prior to the service I worked at a local TV shop.. I like troubleshooting and fixing things regardless of what it is..

Comment

Hey guys my name is marc i'm 32 years old and i'm just getting into fixing tv's. I'm from the united kingdom and just love messing round with electrical's. Anyway i'm going to stick around seems like a good forum.

Comment

Hi all. Looking for help repairing my LCD monitor. This looks like a very good community for that. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully successfully repair my monitor.

Comment

Paidin,

hi to all you elec tec guys & gals

Comment

Hello guys, just a line to introduce myself. Im Daniel and am enjoying this holiday season up here in the beautiful NW. Portland Or to be exact. I do appreceate being able to participate in forms like this to help save some money by fixing things myself. Your awsome. Good day

Comment

Hello all,
                  My name is Camrod. My family and I are from NC and Im just trying to get some answers to get my TV working.
                  I have read a lot of these threads searching for the same problem I have but I will have to post a question.

Comment

Hello,
                    I am located in South Carolina. I joined this board in hopes of getting some information to fix a vizio that was given to me as my parents purchased a new one. I look foward to interacting with everyone on the aite5

Comment

Hi to all,
                      I'm from Laos and i'm really glad that i found this site.
                      I wish you all have a nice day.

Comment

Hi, new to this forum and totally a newbie novice on this subject, but have successfully fixed my old monitor caps all by my self and looking forward to all the information on this site. So....please be patient if I don't get it right away. I'm a picture/hands on type of learner and look forward to absorbing all the knowledge you can provide.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey Everyone!

I came across this site as I was researching an issue I am having with my TV. I do not know how I did not come across it sooner, as I am in IT, and often search for answers to problems. I will definitely be adding this site to my favorites!

Comment

Hi all, I'm Olaf from the lake of constance in Germany.
                            About 35 years ago my profession was radio & TV technician. In between I had several other jobs still related to technique. Also to do with PC.
                            Recently my wife aske me to repait our LED TV.
                            I have to admit it seems to me thats no TV, but a computer wit a large screen.
                            I hope to get a good hint what could be wrong the this Samsung TV.

All the best Olaf

Comment

Hey All, I'm Carl from Michigan. I'm 30 years old and just getting into repairing electronics as a hobby. I had my girlfriend bring over her deceased 60 inch LED sharp to get my first real practice in.

This has been quite the undertaking considering I have never done this before. I actually saw a posting detailing this devilish tv and it really helped me along. I am to the point now where I was able to locate the dead led on a 30 strip panel and will be getting the part shortly! Just wanted to say thanks for helping me out and honestly I have enjoyed this project thus far...minus taking the lcd screen out

Cheers,
                              Carl

Comment

Hello all. I am a field technician with a lot of experience so hopefully I can be helpful. Looking for help repairing my kids TV which I don't have a lot of experience with.

Comment

Hi everyone, hope to get useful help and be useful in future...

Comment

A quickie about me. Started out doing a lot of circuit card swapping in the military and a fair share of card repair as well. was even trained in micro soldering. My shop was the only in the GAC field to do depot level maintenance. Worked on C130 Gunships and MH-53 whirlybirds. That was 15 years ago. I've dabbled throughout the years in electronics and low voltage, but I moved to high voltage work and now I'm a PV engineer so I love to talk solar, for anyone that may want to private message those kind of questions. So now I'm back into circuit card repair on the side, as I love to help friends and family (and myself) save money by preventing them from replacing electronic devices unnecessarily. It's been a while for me so I will be around here a lot asking questions and answering what I know. Cheers!
                                    Some People Are Like Slinkies. Completely Useless, Yet They Bring You Pleasure When Pushed Down a Flight of Stairs

Comment

Hi all.
                                      Think I can learn a lot in here! I did electrical installation at college that included some circuit theory.. but that was a long time ago! I've forgotten a lot, but bits are coming back the more I read! I still have decent soldering skills, so that's a start I guess. I appreciate everyone's input on the site.. great source of knowledge!
                                      Chris

Comment

Hello, just joined this forum.
                                        My hobby interests span from electronics to music and had some experience as a paid programmer.
                                        As a kid I loved making electrolytics explode using my dad's old lantern 90 Volts batteries. Now I'm 49 and they get their cold revenge from time to time forcing me to find faulty ones on boards
                                        Nice board here, thanks for setting it up, I hope we can exchange some useful information!

Comment

my name is tdbone1 and i just wanted to say hello to all.
                                          im an amature in electronics but not a noob.
                                          just wanted to say hello

Comment

Working...
                                          X