This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! I have a 4 year old plasma that I would like to fix rather than throw it in the trash. This looks like a perfect website to start on.

-Drew

Comment

Hello

I read some texts earlier in this forum and saw that they are useful and can be used . I also found here a link to the FTP server with a schematics which is also very useful. I'm interested in electronics , I got the equipment and I recently built the magnification of tiny components consisting of high-definition camera with a macro filter and a stand that I've done. If someone is interested in how I will share my experiences gladly.

I do not know whether I should write this at the beginning or end , an apology for the bad English.

Comment

Hi! I am working in an electronics service where I fix TV sets. I have been doing this for four years so I can say I am still learning about this field. I am here as I found this forum very interesting and helpful for those who want to get assistance in repairing.

Comment

Hi, I'm Mark Jayson from Philippines. I just found this helpful forum while searching on a fix for my LED TV Samsung. I want to be able to fix it by asking for help in professionals here regarding this matter. Thank you and hoping to participate in this forum as soon as possible.

Comment

Hello, all. I'm a complete newbie to electronics and I can't wait to learn.
            I started this fascination when my overhead console in my truck stopped working. Now, I'm going to find the problem with a computer monitor that my mother-in-law was going to throw out and a TV a neighbor had in his trash. It's actually the second TV I'm working on, but the first one I sort of blew up. It was a learning experience to say the least.

I'm sorry I'm so far behind. I will do my best not to sound like the out-of-touch old man that I am.

Thanks ahead of time for your patience as I try to catch up.

Comment

Hello,

I'm a two-way radio repair and system technican from Turkey. I found this very interesting and usefull forum while I was searching my HP2207h LCD which it's suffering for "2 seconds to black" issue. Anyone needs help on two-way radios or related topics please do not hesitate to write me.

Regards
              moztas

Comment

Looking for help solving issue with my Panasonic Plasma.

Comment

Hi! I'm Kim, hailing from Jacksonville, FL. I repair electronics as a hobby and found this site to be quite resourceful.

Comment

Hello, I'm new to the site and just floating around looking for info to fix a LG 60PK750 with sound but no picture. I'm a gear head but newer to tv repair.

Comment

Gootch46 here formerly Gootch24, guess we get older and forget our old password, was away for a bit going to school again trying to shake this 50 year old wisconsin brain awake again. Went to a tech college for a cpl semesters for IT taking a break now and back into tv fun, Good to be back. Thanks

Comment

Good morning and hello, I'm also a newbie to electronic repair but love learning and a passionate DIY. I am retired and need to stay busy, I got on this website looking for solutions to my tv problems. Found info that has helped immediately from member anmol & Terryfictv. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Hello! I joined this forum with the specific purpose of learning about how to fix my dead plasma TV, however I am an electronics DIYer (well, DIYer for all things) and look forward to learning all that I can. Thanks for the forum!

Comment

Hello all, I came here the same as a lot of people. I have some issues with some products and this place seemed the perfect forum to seek help and knowledge! Cheers. Regards, Rob.

Comment

Hello;

I have been playing around with electronics for many years and am always looking for ways to increase my meager understanding of how things work. On looking over this web site it looks like a very good place to do some learning and brain-picking. While I've spent a lot of time working on and in computers, his is my first time on a forum type website so I am not completely up on the protocol involved. Please forgive anything stupid.

My present problem is with a 32” Samsung LED TV that has shut down. When turning it on one day it let out with a loud “snap” like a broom handle hitting a hardwood floor. I now have the red light slowly coming on and off. The light under the screen also starts to come on slowly, and then slowly fades out again. After reading some of the messages on this site, I took out the power board, removed all electrolytic caps (14 total) and tested them. All were within 10 – 15 %. I also checked the thermistor, which looked a little ugly as they often do, and it read around 8 which gradually decreased to about 5 as heat was applied. Nothing else looks burned, bubbled or blistered and I am beginning to wonder if it is indeed the power board that is at fault. I know from my reading that capacitors are a major problem with Samsung units but this doesn't seem to be the problem here.

Hope someone out there has an answer. Thanks.

Comment

Hello! Hoping you fine internet denizens can help me ressurect my sharp 52" tv!

Comment

Hello, I'm Sobotka and I have a tv I want to fix.

Comment

Hello --

I'm from Columbus, Ohio and have been into electronics for many years. I have a passion for vintage audio equipment (silver faced receivers and vintage speakers -- mainly JBLs).
                                    And as you can probably tell from my user name -- I love to brew beer too.

I ran across this forum because I am trying to repair a LCD TV for a co-worker -- it looks like there is quite a bit very useful info here.

Cheers!

Comment

alright you all, i am not a blogger. u have convinced me to say hi.
                                      This seems like a cool and friendly place to pop my..... well u know. Im a 56 year old dad with a faulty plasma tv and i was looking for some answers. Love building computers as i spend alot of time tinkering, always have. work sucks up most of my free time as im on the wrong side of the televison screen. Have been a lighting guy for 30+ years in film and televison production. Hope this covers my Quick intro as bed is calling. will check back tomorrow for any plasma help i can find.

Comment

Hi! Im from PR, i join this forum to see if i can get some help with my vizio e470vl

Thanks!

Comment

I'm an electronic engineer who hasn't worked so much with electronics but like to
                                          make my own repairs and looks like this is a good forum to get help when needed -
                                          a laptop with possible faulty cap brought me here

Comment

Working...
                                          X