This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everybody Im Ron Im from florida Ive been a DIY freak since the age of 8 IM 50 know This may be the only post I ever write because im a lerker . but have to say been here a year and love it [im a lerker]all the information is very helpful mostly about the antec power supplys. I have 4 all bad not good to find out but had to know before i lost any thing else. thanks

Comment

Hello. I came here because after searching forever, I finally found the answer to my problem. I am a chemist. I have never worked on a circuit board. But I am willing to learn. I appreciate all the posts. I live in Pensacola, Florida, where I do a lot of fishing either by wading or kayaking. I just happen to own a PSW (Rocket ULW-10) that has been misbehaving for some time. When it is plugged in and powered, it likes to buzz and hum.

Comment

hi My name is Bill from NJ. I graduated from computer school in 1980. Life took me on a different path though. I like to tinker now my tv don't work. I need to fix it myself and need some help. So thanks in advance for any replies to my post. Thanks for the site it looks great. Bill

Comment

Hello, My name is Rob. I am troubleshooting a Samsung LN55B650 no power, standby LED on, problem. I have a bulging cap on the IP board and I hope to find the right replacement caps at badcaps.net.

Just getting into reading the information available here but this forum is terrific and represents the real value of the web.

Comment

Hi guys. Im Will Serrano from Newark, New Jesrey. 45yrs old and counting. To be honest Im not much of an electronic board level troubleshooter. Was in the IT field for over 15 years building networks for large corporations. Until recently I have been repairing Televisions, LCD /Plasma and DLP's etc. I have been running into alot of Board issues lately and am frustrated with some of the prices on these. For my customers sake I would like to provide them with an altrenative option. I would like to repair the boards for them to keep their cost down. I know how to solder, use a meter, but cant get to following a diagram or circuit for Nothin. So I figure I check out some web sites and yours came up, seemed interesting enough. So here I am. Thanks for letting me join. Will

Comment

New Members - please post your introductions here

hallo friends i am javid from chandrapur near nagpur india

Comment

hllo for all my friends , i am new for ths forum , i am emad arar ,from Jordan , i am a medical service technician , with a Bsc. degree in applied physics . it is a small introduction to express my happiness to join such beautiul forum

Comment

Hi, I'm Dirk from Germany. I already found some valuable information concerning my Benq Q7T3 and I'm very glad about the existence of this forum. Regards, Dirk

Comment

Greetings All!

David here from Mississippi.

I guess I'm here because I'm cheap, err, I mean frugal.

Aircraft mechanic by trade, DIY electronic technician by necessity.

I have three LCD monitors that I'm trying to bring back to life. A fellow named Scott from a web LCD parts site directed me here. My problem is that none of the caps show signs of bulging, but I have caught a thread or two about certain brands of caps that fail without any signs. I'll have to take a closer look at the LCD brands and see if they are suspect.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Terry & I found badcaps while researching a Gateway pa6a issue for a relative. I am not very familiar with component level work beyond what I remember in school. I make a living primarily by installing & configuring turn-key solutions so I may need help with the repair; I will start a thread in the appropriate place at that point.

This seems like a great community resource & I'm happy to have found you here.

Comment

Hello from Utah, my name is Max and I found the site doing a google search on a Sceptre monitor that I have had trouble with. I have not been using it for months and decided to spend some time to see if I could fix it... anyway, I'll be getting into it and getting some good pictures for a new thread here. I'll try to dot the i's and cross the t's on providing some good detailed info for my new post about the monitor and how it's behaving. Sure seems like a Cap thing to me! Best Regards... Max

Comment

hello

Comment

Originally posted by ng7m View Post
                            Hello from Utah, my name is Max and I found the site doing a google search on a Sceptre monitor that I have had trouble with. I have not been using it for months and decided to spend some time to see if I could fix it... anyway, I'll be getting into it and getting some good pictures for a new thread here. I'll try to dot the i's and cross the t's on providing some good detailed info for my new post about the monitor and how it's behaving. Sure seems like a Cap thing to me! Best Regards... Max
                            Hi, I'm catherder,
                            Hello to all you new members.
                            Its been very difficult finding how to enter my first post reply. Not even a hint from Topcat! Anyway I hope I will be able to contribute and take help from the forum on boards and caps.
                            Bye for now.

Comment

Hi All!

My name is garyd and I'm an al... oh wrong place, sorry!

I'm an ex home appliance 'engineer' who has taken to building pc's for family and getting more in to fixing hardware and software faults for friends and family.
                              Though far from any kind of expert.
                              Found this site searching google for help with sons crazy Compaq CQ60 and am impressed with the advice being offered to people without any finger pointing or criticism. Even to novices like me!
                              Don't know how often I'll be on here as poster but will definitely contribute if have any thing worth posting.
                              Thanks for being here.

Regards,

garyd

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi there here is Axel from Ireland (originally from Germany). One of my beloved Alesis M1 active (Mark II) refused to start up today, so I found my way to this forum. Going to have a look into it later on this afternoon, hopefully I will find the fried caps that need to be replaced!

If I find time I might also post some pics from the last time when we replaced some capacitors on a M-Audio Delta 1010.

cheers,
                                  Axel

Comment

Hi, my real name is Luc and I'm from Canada, near Montréal. I'm into PC modding in my spare time and I already found some useful information here. Thanks in advance for answering my noob questions!!

Comment

Afternoon everyone, Brad here from Michigan, USA. Came here looking for some answers to a few flat screens that died recently.
                                      Thought I'd try and see if I couldn't save them for the company, with the economy the way it is; I'm a Systems Admin for a small Automotive dealer with 3 stores. I've never tried any board repairs but hey what can it hurt to try and fix them, they don't work now so anything I do should be uphill (good); can't make them any worse...can't make broke any more broken!

Have a good day!
                                      Brad

Comment

Hi all I'm Bino from Republic of Macedonia, I'm a 22, pc technician, just getting into electronics more seriously, and this is a terrific place for info, I was looking for an answer for a mysterious FZ69 cap on a graphics card and this is the only place I got the information and it pretty much solved the problem for me. Also this is a great place for learning.

Cheers,
                                        Bino
                                        Guns don't solve problems. I'll take 12

Comment

Well why the heck not, heh?
                                          Hello to you all, name's Ariel, 22 years old guy from Brazil.
                                          Found the site through Google after doing a little research about these capacitors in my monitor that just popped some days ago. My experience in electronics in the electrical parts sector is close to none, but since the darned thing is a no go, no harm done in trying to fix it I guess.
                                          Ciao.

Comment

Working...
                                          X