This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Laoveja here from Argentina, found the forums trying to fix my old motherboards.

Comment

Names Carl but everyone calls me Boris (undisclosed reasons) Time served electro-mechanical engineer, electronic engineer and qualified electrician. I build stuff, fix things and make noise.

Comment

Someone from the UK here, with a couple of genuine questions to ask.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm Michael from Chicago. I may or may not have forgotten this place exists. I look forward to spending some more time on here.

Comment

Hello

My name is Rob James, from London, England.

This is a very interesting forum with very knowledgable members. The threads I read so far give a wealth of information, very useful.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, this is Chris from Austin, TX.

I found this forum when searching Google for a problem I am having with my TV.

I like to repair all my own appliances and electronics when I can!

Comment

Hey there, I'm Nicholas from The Kingdom of Denmark! Yeah!

Hope I'll enjoy my stay here

Comment

Hi, I am from QLD Australia.
                  I have had my own TV repair business for 20 years now and been in the repair industry for over 40 years.
                  Hopefully can help others and get some hints myself.
                  Cheers Lecherus

Comment

hello guys....my name is laureto and im a filipino working in canada...

im currently working on sylvania lc420ss8 lcd tv...it has a sount but theres no pic..when you first turn it on it says on the screen DIGITAL TELEVISION ...i have the 345 volts and 15 volts on inverter power supply and also the 24 volts that goes to the inverter....

im thinking of replacing the two inverter board but could it be the tcon board?

Comment

Hi im lhorry and im a filipino working in canada... Im glad that i found this on google it will help me figure out on all my repair problems....thanks

Comment

Hello. I like the information available on this board. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for accepting me in the forum

Comment

Hi,
                            I am Charlie, from Indiana USA
                            I hate what they pass off as quality now a days.
                            I love working on Electronics though.
                            Gainfully employed in this lost cause since 1979! LOL
                            The true measure of a man, is how he treats those he expects nothing from.

Comment

Hi,

I'm from Chicago and found this site while searching for trouble shooting ideas with a toshiba LCD TV. thanks for accepting me into this forum.

Comment

Hello, Happy to be a part of this forums.

Comment

New member here - just checking in from Seattle, WA. Thanks for the great wealth of info.

Comment

Hello my name is John been playing around with electronics since I was a kid . Now with new technology iam finding it harder to fix . Hopefully I can pick some brains. Any help would be much appreciated . Thankyou regards john

Comment

Hello everyone I'm glad to find a site like this.I'm a retired diesel technician and an electronic hobbyist.I've been reading your posts & threads from time to time,and I decided to sign up. thanks,skipperj

Comment

Hello all.

New to this site but have enjoyed reading a lot of information as I've been recently trying to troubleshoot the power supply on my LCD computer monitor. I have no formal electrical training but enjoy tinkering and know enough to get myself in trouble!

Matt

Comment

Hi guys, I'm here to gain knowledge on replacing some of the capacitors on my monitor's power supply.

Every bit of info I've searched for on google lead me to this site so I figure, 'why not make an account for easier access?'. So here I am!

Comment

Working...
                                          X