This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello my name is Richard, and I have little to no experience with electronics but stumbled across your site while looking for a solution to fix my current monitor blinking while cold.

I have yet to attempt the repair but I'm armed with excellent knowledge from several experts that have posted on here.

Kind regards

R

Comment

hi i have no clue what I'm going to do but thats why I'm here hoping to get some advice !!!

Comment

Hey All

I'm Steven, I have little experience working with electronics. I used to work for Maplin Electronics in the UK on a trade desk supplying spares. These days Maplin sells useless crap so i don't work there any more. I have been a computer engineer for the last 15 years and electronics is my hobby.

Comment

I'm Bill, a neophyte when it comes to electronics, but not afraid to tackle projects, especially with the aid of experts. I live in Delaware, and currently spend many days in an auto service department. Thanks in advance for all your assistance!

Comment

Nico is my Name and I came across this site a few months ago and after reading through many of its helpful posts, I decided to join and hopefully contribute in some way.

Comment

Hello all,

I have a hobby in repairing old stuff, usually broken or thrown away. I am fascinated how the old radio electronics work. These days everything is in one board and not interesting for me. Hope I may find interesting topics here and people to relate to.

Comment

Hi all! Just registered after coming across a thread on a samsung plama tv power supply repair and thought i'd sign up.
                I do some electronics repairs at home (more of a hobbyist than an actual job) and i'm currently trying to fix my mum's TV so hopefully this will help!
                I'm sure i'll use the site in the future from time to time when i get stuck on a repair.

Comment

Hello - Registered as I'm trying to repair my panasonic p55st30.

Comment

Top of the mornin to you all. I am on here because I've recently begun amateur repair of plasma TV's. I really have been reading the forums here quite frequently for advice etc. I am not a repair tech and have no formal training. As a result I've been learning as I go along. I've been careful to always unplug the TV and let it discharge before working on stuff. I am doing this as a hobby more than anything. I have successfully repaired 1 samsung plasma TV and am working on two more. Looking forward to being a part of your community.

Comment

Hi I have just joined. I live in the UK I have recently retired I was a fitter welder, I was involved with electrics put not printed circuit boards etc , I have had many instances when I have had TV,s repaired and some small household appliances which now all contain PCB,s I would now like to try and learn to be able to understand electronics and repair electrical gadgets myself. Basic help with understanding the drawings would be much appreciated.

Comment

Hey all, just joined up. Have used this forum a few times go help out with previous issues I've had

Comment

Hello I have been reading post just for the interest for a while and have enjoyed them. Have tickered in electronics most of my life and like others first computer was a Magnavox then vic-20, c64, c128, xt, and so on. Helped a few friends from the wisdom of other members post here. Hope one day I may be as helpful in posting, only time will tell. Thanks for having such a wonderful site.

Comment

Im new to this forum and just want to say hy to everyone!
                            If you have some time you can take a look of my post that i will post now in TV section (Panasonic TV turns on and off)

Thank you!

Comment

Hello, everyone. I'm a newly registered member of the forum. I stumbled across the site while trying to find information on troubleshooting a Panasonic TC-P50G25 with a 4, then 10 blink code. There is so much information here - it's amazing! I think I'll be sticking around even after this TV is fixed.

Thanks!

Comment

I am a retired instrumentation engineer. I am interested in getting help to repair my electronic equipment instead of throwing it away.

Comment

New member hoping to fix an old Plasma

Hello all... I'm a newbie to the board and hope to find help to fix a 5 year old Samsung Plasma.

Off I go.

Comment

Glad to be here on badcaps! I've been coming back to this site on multiple occasions for the TV troubleshooting and repair!

Name: Dylan Brandon

I've been an electronic junkie since I was kid and I constantly seek to further my knowledge in that realm. I can't seem to pull away from it!

Comment

leonski76
                                      A little info about me.
                                      I've played around with capacitors since I was a little lad. My first experience with one was with my dad working on a farm tractor working on ignition tune up. He charged the condenser (capacitor) with a spark plug wire and tossed it to me and when I caught the thing pow I got the biggest shock of my life.
                                      To bad they don't have them today on the cars it would be fun to test them out on my friends.
                                      Any way i've been tinkering with electronics off and on building electronic toys and games. And now working on my first big screen tv.

Comment

Hi everyone. I spelled scorpion wrong on my user name. Was in a bit of a rush. Thanks for understanding.

Comment

Hello, my name is Justin and I'm a jack of all trades, master of none. Haha. That being said I always have loved electronics and I am an electrician. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X