X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Merry Christmas Everyone,

I've got a gx280 with badcap disease - not sure if it's worth the effort to fix with all of the other computers lying around - it was pretty decent for it's day though...

Happy New Year!
    Jaime

Comment

Hi Everybody!

Hoping to be part of a very helpful community!

Many Thanks,
      Ray...

Comment

Greetings from the town of Vienna, central New York state, USA
        Wishing you all a happy and prosperous NEW YEAR 2015
        Doug

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm primarily a computer guy (my first was a Sharp Pocket Computer, then I had an Atari 800XL for a while and entered the PC world with a 386sx box), but I also dabble in hardware if I run out of software solutions...

I came across the Badcaps site quite a few years ago (after my AMD Athlon motherboard kicked the bucket) and I find it to be an amazingly comprehensive resource.

Oh, and Happy Holidays!

Comment

Hi,
            Looks like I'm late to the party. I am an once upon a time electrical engineer drop-out with a mathematics degree (1975) who joined the Marines as an infantry officer and stayed for 12 years. Became a defense contractor and spent the next 20 or so years trying to figure out what I really wanted to do. Lost my job last April and have not been able find anything so I am calling myself semi-retired and getting ready to head back to the farm in Arkansas if I can ever sell my house in Virginia. My first computer was called an ADAM and had a tape drive but it quit after a few days so I took it back and traded it in for an Atari 6400. Finally got an IBM machine in 1992 and current platform is HP Pavilion dv7 with AMD. I've put together a couple of desktops and fixed a handful of laptops but not really a tech geek. Also fixed a few cars along the way, mostly VWs and Jeeps. Now my TV took a dump so here I am trying to save a few bucks and fix it myself. Hope I don't kill myself with any high voltage stuff.

See Ya
            Rick

Comment

Hello! I've decided to get into TV repair as a hobby and have already found good information here. I do software development for my day job and have always wanted to dabble a little more with hardware.

Comment

hi my name is carl i always liked messing around with things to try and fix them i have had a pretty good success rate i think from just doing alot of research and trail and error anyway glad to be a part of this forum

Comment

Greetings to the Group. I'm James & look forward to feasting on the knowledge shared here. I have 1st hand experience with Bad Caps on my Samsung tv & monitor. Both units showed their weaknesses between 1 to 2 years from their purchase date. So yes it seems they are designed to last at least through the warranty period. It's an easy fix so never be afraid to tackle any task because with your mind & determination you can repair almost anything!

Comment

Ran into some trouble with a tv I acquired and came here to find some help. Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Comment

So I'm New here ....
                      I'm a Laptop Technician and i found this forum when i was searching for Motherboard Schematics So i Which that you help me Cause i'm A beginner

Comment

This site was recommended as a good place to learn about tv repair

Comment

hi all just joined the forum, looking to learn and reapir all my own stuff , hopefully

Comment

Hello everybody

Comment

Hello every body, I've just joined this foram.I'm an electronic and computer technician who is still learning,so its not so strange I register in this foram as soon as I found out.

Comment

hello all been using the great info on here to start to try and repair some low level stuff on some lcd tv's and figured i might as well join....

Comment

hello happy new year to all members. Today is my first day on this forum.my television repair shop located in surrey b.c Canada since 1995 and I just start computers repair.

Comment

Hello all, My name is Mark and I am a retire software engineer. I dabble on the hardware, fixing computer, tv, etc...for the last 30 years. Now I just do it for familie and friends. Hope everybody had a good Christmas.

Comment

Hello everybody. Happy new year from Greece.

Comment

hello happy new year to all.my first day here and hope i can be of service to some .

Comment

MO- Good afternoon fellow mates. I am a 25 year old electronics enthusiasts. I am very happy to have found a place to express myself and be able to ask questions to help one another. I've always been fascinated by electronics from breaking into them by accident from continuous usage I've always been curious to what is it that gives power, life to these electronics

I am from Denton, Tx. Currently attending TWU for my bio engineering degree, which should take me about 2 more years. I have a beautiful 5year old baby boy which is my life besides this.

I am glad to be here.
                                          Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
                                          X