This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New member here. Been lurking for about....a day and found great information. will be coming here often I am sure. Now I need to get the information to fix my Samsung 225BW. Thanks for the Forum and knowledge I am sure to find here.

Comment

Hi forum
      searching the internet for all information I can get regarding pc power supplies repair because I have a passive Zalman supply that wont power up, and it is not a standard psu but a rather special design from a TNN 300

Comment

Hi everybody,
        electronics and computer science fan here. Working for computer industry and hobbying with electronics, hi-fi and informatics.

Comment

Hi,

I am trying to repair a Biostar N4SLI-A9 and experiencing difficulties locating which capacitors to order, I am thinking you guys are the experts here and this forum would be a great resource.

I am into cars, electronics, computers. Not particularly very experienced with electronics but I'd like to improve!

Comment

Electronics is not my profession, but I'm trying to learn more as a hobby, so I can fix things around the house. I stumbled across this while looking for information to repair an old monitor that was sitting in the closet for years. Rather than throwing it away, I wanted to see if I can bring it bad to life.

Comment

Hi all!

Never know what you write as an intro, I'm more of a reader! That said if I have any info that can help anyone I'll be more than happy to help out.

I'm a UK Repairer with 15 years experience in WEEE Asset Management, Re-Use, Recycling & Repair.

Comment

JOined because I wanted to get some info on a bad Sony VAIO 46Z monitor, but have successfully repaired a samusng 27 inch monitor before by replaicng a bad cap, so I figure I should fit right in. I'm an engineer/scientist by day so I may not be a pro repairer, but can help figure things out, or at least understand you when you help me.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                  As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                  Mattox Here hope to some with a PDP42V18HA no pic still have some testing to do before a can ask the right questions

Comment

Hello to all hope I can be a blessing

Comment

Hi,
                      New to this. Currently working on fixing a dell w2600 LCD TV (color washout and graininess AFtER fixing the power problem. I'm also into home automation, x10, homeseer, and my own version of AI

Comment

Hello all,

Name is Jeff. Been into modifying/repairing, working in a few fields computer related (my strong suit, both hardware and software, and a lot of network IO), but secondary has been AV system service and repair, which I currently do daily. I've been lurking this forum for probably 3-4 years now for references on how others have repaired AV gear that I get from work that is about to go to the landfill. This site is awesome, with some extremely knowledgeable folks. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help through the years - and I haven't even posted yet!

I get immense enjoyment out of the repair/modification of something that was once considered a complete and total loss. What's better than that?

-Jeff

Comment

Hello everyone.

Comment

Hello fellow members : I'm Ahshan from Srilanka .
                            I'd like to be part of this wonderful community !! .

Comment

Hi all. I have recently started getting more serious about soldering stuff and now that my skills are improving, I am looking at the possibility of repairing some of my old monitors to make them useful again!

I am a novice but I am always a very quick learner. So I will thank you all in advance for the knowledge I am sure to find here!

Cheers!

Comment

Hello everyone, I am pretty new with electronics. Have been studying for a bit over a year now...I would like to improve my trouble shooting skills. Hopefully you guys can help me!

Comment

Gidday All,
                                  Registered as I am investigating the repair of my LG Plasma TV. Thanks for the excellent source of information

Comment

Hi everyone!!!

Comment

Hi all,

I have registered as my new Panasonic tv is out of warranty and I would like to try and repair it myself if possible. This is my third Panasonic plasma tv and the first one I've had a problem with. Unforunately, it's also the best one(VT60). Hope I can learn some things and get this fixed.

Thanks!

Comment

My name is James. I work in the information technology field, not much of a tinkering with hardware.

Comment

Hi, I little late to say HELLO! :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X