This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I just joined this forum because I received a nice LCD TV from a friend that doesn't work. I have a mechanical engineering background and am currently a robotics programmer. I like electronics but am not very adept at the details of circuits. I look forward to learning and contributing. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi..i loved tinkering about with anything electronic since i was 10...ime in my 40's now and still tinkering but mainly with lcd tvs.its a bit like a fetish lol buti do like a challenge and i do try to bring every tv back to life and ime going to find this site soooo interesting!!!

Comment

Hello,
        My name is Mirel.
        I enjoy fixing tings down to the component level.

Comment

Hi, my name is Louis from Los Angeles. I have some experience repairing electronics at the component level and now trying to fix a Mac laptop. I am glad to find these resources on line, solidarity is always good...

If I can contribute to this site in any form for sure I will.

Thank you very much to all.

Comment

Hello all,

New member here just saying hello. I'm trying to help a friend fix his Panasonic TC-P50G10. Just looking for some directions. It looks like a great community here!

Comment

Hello, this is my intro post

Comment

Hi everyone, I never took a class in electronics, I'm mostly self taught, and admittedly, not a great teacher or student.
                First project was a crystal radio in 1967.. got it to work with a razor blade and a pencil lead. first putter was a Timex Sinclair.. was that 1979? put together a game program that was lots of fun, very popular at my parties, called it thermal nuclear annihilation.
                I got my hands on a late model Apple 2C, and tried to make a character recognition machine by connecting it to a Sony camera. That never got very far, I soon realized the limitations of the 6502 cpu...and my own. Had some fun, drank a lot of coffee and smoked too many cigarettes. I ended up being able to do OCR on about 10 different letters (on times New Roman only), at a rate of about 50 characters per minute ( no, that's not a typo), with about a 10 percent failure rate.
                In my defence, I did plan a way of running about a dozen 6502's in parallel, which might have made the whole thing viable,....but never made it happen.
                I used to automate industrial machinery, install plc controls, light curtains for safety, and do some repairs to optical heads for burning machines.
                So now I was just given a Toshiba 32av502r tv that started failing when warm, and finally stopped turning on at all. I joined this forum to see if I could get some help in fixing the dead tv, and maybe connect with a few like minded souls.

Comment

Hello, just finding out how bad these bad caps are. Just a 60 year old tinkerer, but recently fixed a 32' flat screen & a nice stereo, both with 1000uf, 450v bad caps. Probably beginners luck. Pulled 'em both out of the local recycle bin.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi, im new here..was searching to repair my tv and came to this site. hope i can fix my tv. thank you guys. Btw i love to learn repair electronics.

Comment

Well I'm not much of a talker so this will be short and sweet, I usually do not join sites but this one got my attention mostly because of the mature and useful information, there is nothing more irritating than to be reading a post and run into someone getting angry because they didn't like the question or answer and go off on them most people are reading because they want to learn, I like the introduction part so anyway thanks and I'm sure I will gain allot of insight on things.

Thanks
                        mike

Comment

Hello! My name is Josh. I joined with the intention to seek knowledge and to repair things! We'll see how it goes! On with the journey!

Comment

Hi everyone! My name is Brian (obviously), I am a retired copier repairman/network engineer for a international copier company. I haven't done much in the way of component level repairs since my military days in the 80's. Back then I had access lots of expensive test gear that I no longer do. Hopefully with the forum's help I can figure out some of this stuff again. Sorry for the dumb questions in advance!

Thanks!
                            Brian

Comment

Hey guys..just looking to get answers about my tv

Comment

Hello everyone, Donald here! I am a electrical engineering student at Clemson University, or at least going into the program (Freshman year). Currently work at a computer/television repair store near where my parents live. I've been lurking for a few months now, but finally decided to really get in to the middle of things and post about things I don't understand enough about that the senior tech can't answer. He suggested this forum, so that's why I'm here!

Comment

Hello,

Bill here and I live near Orlando FL. When I went to electronics school most of our study was on tube radios and TV's; yes that was a long time ago. I have been in the electronics / computer business for many years but most of the last 30 have been in management. I have kept my interest alive by fixing all the stuff in the house that breaks, including alarm systems, gate openers, Control 4 home automation, tv's etc.

Looking forward to learning some new tricks from you young guys

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello -- I'm really impressed with the amount and depth of information in the forum. I've come in because of plasma problems and have already found similar problems and responses.

Thanks for a great forum and God bless you all!

Comment

What's up everybody, I'm Rock from Stockton, CA. I joined the forum hoping I can get some help with my 50" Samsung plasma TV. Two skinny black lines have appeared and run across the screen from left to right (horizontally) right about in the middle of my screen?

Are the SCEPTRE TV's that Walmart carries any good?

Comment

Hi. I've been reading this forum for a long time. I'm glad it's around. It's helped me fix a lot of computer monitors. I've been an electronic technician at a TV Station in Ontario, Canada, since July 1984.

Comment

Working...
                                          X