• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi

Comment

Hello from a very wet Scotland...I have a challenge I am going to pass on to you all...
      I love to "fix" things however, I am color blind with red, green, brown, some yellow, orange, blue purple...you get the picture, i have an idea of colors but most of the time I take a guess..

So as you can imagine, my experince with electronics is interesting and challenging

So loet the fun begin..i have a specific issue with my TV so I am off to have a read through the forum.

Thank you for allowing me to join your happy house..

Comment

Hi all.
        Little experience fixing laptops, which is why Im here.
        Nearest ive come to fixing them is with a BIG hammer.
        However im quite good with tellys and some sammy phones.
        Rgds

Comment

Hi there! Computer Engineer here...but like many engineers, I don't actually have the luxury of working in the field I studied in! I enjoy tinkering in low-pressure situations (like, uh, fixing my broken TV).

Comment

Good morning @all,
            i Antonio from Italy and i am a technician.

Thank @all for the support.
            Have a nice day

Comment

I signed up to download an attached file, but surprised i didnt already have an account. well, its bookmarked now atleast.

i like fixing things, computers, small engines, electrical.
              and videogames

Comment

Hello, I'm from Poland. I'm new in this field and I'm here to learn new things.

Comment

Hi guys. Just getting into tv repair as a hobby, I'm really a locksmith

Comment

Hey everyone! I am from Australia, I am a part of the new generation my first pc was a pentium 4 ....and I started learning since then. Ive got my advanced diploma in electronics and I have been working in this field for 2 years so far, i have repaired all sorts of devices inc visual n audio devices. My strength is more in software than hardware but atm I am more concentrating on hardware and troubleshooting skills. I am someone who is always seeking knowledge ,projects and interesting ideas. I am really glad to find this forum while I was doing a search on ic... and I decided to join this forum lol I hope I can use this forum to sharpen my electronic skills overall and also help others. at times when u test some devices this happens

Comment

I am a computer technician in Toronto, fairly new to component repair, used to mod game console and learn solder skill that way.

Been able to repair a few monitor that have bad caps.. but still trying to learn more in the whole TV / monitor repair and testing beyond power supply issue.

Have basic electronic understanding and multimeter use...

Comment

Hi all,
                        I'm a high voltage engineer in the UK, and a keen pc builder. I always wanted to be a tv repair man when at school, but fell into hv industry somehow. I have built PC's for friends/family for many years, and have always had an interest in electronics. As a kid I used to disassemble (and sometime reassemble) my parents cameras, video players etc.. one time when I was around 8 I drilled and fitted a headphone jack to the tv while they were out lol. I'm sure many of you here did similar things. Having some trouble with a lcd tv not powering up, so first I'm off to read the stickies and then I might ask some help if theres anyone willing

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm an electronics enthusiast/hobbyist. By no means am I a seasoned tech but I've figured out a few things here and there. I'm more of an electronics 'surgeon' in that once I find a solution or figure one out, I usually understand it and can take the soldering tools out and perform the repair.

I found this forum searching for info on a monitor that I just bought 'new' off of eBay and it's acting up.

Nice to meet everyone.

Comment

Hi Everyone. Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum, currently trying to fix a Dynex 42" lcd which led me to this forum.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Originally posted by ironmanonsteam View Post
                                Hi
                                Hi

Comment

New member here. Working on two Dell Optiplex 745 PCs with bulging caps (1 desktop, 1 minitower).

Just looking over all the comments about these to pick up the most tolerant caps I can get. These machines are used at a wildlife sanctuary, and were full of the nastiest wolf/cougar/coyote/etc fuzzballs & silt you could imaging

Everyone who works there is completely clueless to technology, so I am their adhoc IT admin by proxy (wife works there, I just do this to help them out).

So looking at caps, trying to figure out Rubys vs Sanyos vs Pennies vs Nippons, vs......

Lotta info here, that's for sure

Comment

Hey,

New here. A friend asked if I wanted a TV that didnt work. I said sure why not Ill give it a shot to fix it. if I cant fix it, no big deal.

Comment

Hi all,

Just come across this forum during my endless quest to find out what those little thingys are that are soldered to that big flat board with more thingys on it that are all different shapes sizes colours some numbered, some with stripes, some round and some flat.

Yip, in case you havent already worked it out, I'm a bit of a newbie to electronics but trying to pick it up as I go along and sometimes I find myself just plain stumped and in need of help and advice, so I hope that all you good folk on here won't mind me picking your brains from time to time.

Jim

Comment

Heya

I am here to learn more (and maybe one day contribute) to board repair. I am a budding hobbyist in this field and until recently, just replaced bad boards, now I hope to fix them.

Comment

Hi, I came across this site and it really has some good feedback. I have an associates degree in electronics. I work with electronics but only board replacement and not component level troubleshooting. I am currently trying to fix 2 LCD TV that are having issues and would like to get some help with them. I hope that I can contribute at some point on this forum from what I have seen it looks pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                          X