This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all, Colin here from south coast, I'm an Electronics Technician & have been building all kind of electronics for 27 years now.... I've been contracting in electronics since 2001 and have worked for all kinds of electronics companies.
    Married & 1 child.

Comment

This seems like a real interesting forum. I cant wait to browse through it. I am an electrician and love to repair main boards on whatever it might be. Its a great feeling to fix an existing board rather than to replace the whole board.

Comment

hello,

I'm called Wheels, I find myself looking for assistance on all kinds of thinks. Looking at this site I think I might find some answers i'm looking for

Comment

Hi folks! Thanks for letting me in. I put the key back under the doormat.

Comment

Like most of you, i´ve been "playing" with electronics in general, but my area is TV/VCR, and computers, but not an expert. My first computer was a Sinclair 48K, and also don´t like "coding".
            My first experience with the area was not very famous.An old tech asked me to hold one of those carbon sticks of the black and white tv´s High tension...
            Boy what a shock...(I don´t recommend it)
            But here I am. Always learning - and wanting to...

Jpereira

Comment

Hello..Great website..I have a Vizio 42l with voltage problems. How the heck do you start a thread here? .. ...

Comment

Hey, I'm Dave. I signed up here to get help troubleshooting a Panasonic TC-P50S2 SOS1 code.

Comment

Hello. I´m 29 studying computer enginnering and have been using computers for over 20 years now.

Comment

Hi just joined your forum thanks for the welcome I've been a Tv tech for over 20 years but haven't been in the field for last couple of years just do occasional repairs these days.

Comment

Hey guys! 25, in school for computer science. I have a pretty basic understanding of electronics. Looking forward to being a part of this forum.

Comment

Hi all-

Just joined and wish I'd have found this site a long time ago.

A little about me....Not new to the forum world. I am member of several and moderate a couple. Very happy to see this feature to stop the spammers!

I am an auto, aviation, and maintenance mechanic by trade. Trained in HVAC and self taught computer junkie. Love to see what makes things work and tinker. I coach travel softball, avid outdoors man, and guitar player.

Hope to meet all of you online and learn a lot.

Take care,
                        Bill

Comment

Hello my name is Kip,somewhat retired but can't seem to stop tinkering, I have dual professions Auto Tech/Electronic Tech. I went to electronics school at the expense of the US Navy in San Diego,Calif during the Viet Nam war era but found that working on autos was more profitable than working at/owning a electrical repair shop and wound up going to school for General Motors autos and Nissan autos, in addition worked for Ford,Chrysler,Cadillac,Toyota,Nissan and Oldsmobile and used my electronics training to troubleshoot the electrical systems and related electrical controls. I now do a little diagnosing and repair on small electrical projects to try and keep my mind sharp. I'm glad I found this site I have been delighted so far.

Comment

Hi guys!
                            The names Paddy and I'm Irish (I'm a cliché)
                            I've always been into technology and repairing things myself.
                            I'm a total newbie with little understanding of caps etc
                            I've been brought here by the dreaded 17pw25-4
                            I hope to spend a long time on this forum and hey hopefully I can help some people too!
                            I've experience with iphones/laptops and cars
                            That's it! Have a great day!
                            etc

Comment

Hiho...

as adviced i'll post here for access. been around for several years in repair
                              of consumer electronics. espessically notebooks and tablet pc's.

so, good look, and good hunting4shorts...

Comment

Hey guys.I have some ideeas about electronic but i need also from your help.

Comment

Hey Guys. My name is Mark. I Have a Electronics Degree and have been working on Electronics (mostly TV'S) for 29 years. Looking for all the help I can get. Thanks for letting me in.

Comment

Hi everybody! My name is Rick. I am an IT monkey 3 years out of college and currently working for a University. I have 4 years of desktop and laptop repair experience from working at a repair shop while in college. I love to play around with Linux at work and PC gaming at home. I've got a Dell 30" monitor that I'm going to be asking for help with.

Comment

Good afternoon-I am a newbie to this Forum but I have been repairing laptops, desktops, printers and the like for some time now. I was browsing when I decided that I need this Forum more than the Forum needs me. I hope to get some solid answers for the troubling questions that keep me up at night.
                                      Thanks

Comment

Hello.

I'm a new member and am looking forward to being part of the community.

Comment

hi
                                          i'm just an old ITguy, still loves to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                          X