This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg plasma model# ru-42px11

I am working on an LG PLASMA MODEL# RU-42PX11 .
    Voltages on the Power Supply to each board are good..
    Vertical bars,lines with snow.

Seems to be the small signal board that has the tuner on it.
    All inputs have same issue,when i hook up the rgb or pc input
    good audio input,nice clear video of vertical lines, yes top to bottom.
    this tv the pc input and component inputs are two different boards.

I can see video source switching,and on coax for cable input good audio,get the snow and bars and no menu,this snow and bars do move to left, center or right side of the screen.
    Component input or s video same snow and bars audio has
    buzz or hum like if i had reversed the video and audio.
    The owner says all they've used was the component input.

I have not replaced any boards or caps since i didn't find any obvious swollen caps ,no blown fuses etc,.

Any help is appreciated..

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello to badcaps.net

Comment

hello to badcaps.net

Comment

Hello to all badcaps.net member.
          I am working on a HP Desktop with Asus MoBo.
          No POST.

Comment

Good Morning!

I'm not much of a poster, but just a lurker looking to be able to view images.

I don't often run into times where I need to outright replace caps, although I am going to have to recap my 5150s and 5160 and whatnot before they either go bang or go up in smoke when the power supply filter caps go. Oh the fun of 32 year old computers...

Comment

Hey guys. My name is Kevin. Hope to get some good info from the community.

Comment

Hello I am a newbie when it comes to the electronics and fixing tv's, I was talking to a buddy and he said it could be an easy fix most of the time, so I decided to start to find tvs that dont work and see if I can get them back from the "dead".lol
                My wife on the other hand dont find it as exciting as I do..LOL go figure.

Comment

Hi my name is Zack and I'm an Arcade technician at a local Arcade/bar/restaurant. I do a lot of component level work and a wide variety of electronics/mechanical/ electromechanical work. Definitely will be using this forum as a daily resource for information and to help other people!

Comment

Hi to all, im new in this forum, I hope I can help and get help, im from PR!!! thanks for let me in!

Comment

Hello badcaps forum.

Long time listener, first time caller. I've referenced this forum many times in the past, but this is the first time I've had the need to post for myself.

I'm a Software Development graduate, owner of a small computer repair business in Indianapolis, IN. Though software is my forte, I've always had the desire to take apart and fix just about anything that wasn't working.

I've always been familiar with computer hardware and software, since my mom purchased a Tandy 1000 - way back in the days before the interwebs and [affordable] consumer hard drives. Since then, I have grown up with technology and it has always been a part of my life.

Comment

Hello All,
                        I am very new to electronic repair, but I have become very interested in learning more about it. I have a fair amount of knowledge in programming, but I am a newb when it comes to hardware. I know very little about fixing electronic circuits, but hope to learn more. I currently have a TV that decided to crap out on me and I having been reading the forums on how to fix it. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Hello guys, i studied electronics about 15 years ago, then went to work for one of the bell companies. But in the last few years i've been in the hvac industry. I've always enjoyed trying to tinker around and repair things. There is a lot of helpful info in this forum. Thanks guys

Comment

Hi I'm Jeff from sunny Perth Australia.
                            Interested in all things technical / mechanical and see myself as a advanced DIY'er .
                            Although I am retired and 70 years old you are never too old to learn new tech.
                            My son studied electronics and has worked in the electrical field so I get a lot of education from him.
                            My current problem is a replacement capacitor for a A300 Toshiba laptop and I'm fairly sure I will find the answer here.

Comment

Hello guys,i am from Serbia.I have got some expirience in TV repair(about 20 years).I hope i can help and you help me solving repair problems.Regards !

Comment

Hi All,

New in this forum. Hoping some luck fixing a tv and willing to learn!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi there, im a total newby to this sort of thing, although i have built computers using circuit boards ive never got down to the nitty gritty of the boards (Im English, can you tell). I have an existing problem with a tv and the problem im having has been touched upon on this site, but i would like more info. Looking forwards to talking to you all.
                                  Darren

Comment

Hello and thanks for the help. Great forum

Comment

Hello all,

I am from Greece and for the past two days i have been looking for ways to fix my TAGAN PSU.

I am getting bored just buying new pieces and refinishing the puzzle. I am good with computers, hardware and software (hell i am in the business of sys admining) but i wanna know how something breaks and how to fix it. buying new hardware is not enough for me any more. I wanna know how they work too.

There are a ton of information in this board and i intend to go through it. What i might do wrong though is the fact i dont know the jargon yet and lack knowledge on WHAt to search for. anyway i will be asking in the forums.

Comment

Hi all!

I am not an electrician by trade but a bit of a weekend warrior. I build my own PCs, do my own car repair and most electrical work in my home.

I joined because I have few repairs Id like to do on motherboards (both pc and tv) and believe i can find the info and expertise here.

Comment

I was told you guys rock for help with plasma displays : )

Comment

Working...
                                          X