X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

Just an middle age man trying to save money by getting help from you gents on how to fix my plasma tv.

Ciao!

Comment

What an amazing forum!! I am gonna be divorced soon as I will be spending too much time on here!!!!

My name is Andy and am looking forward to contributing!

Comment

Hi,
        I am a middle age man from Holland so bare with my english,I hope to find a solution
        for my Acer X223Hq.

Greetings to all menbers

Comment

Hi,

Just joined. I used to run a repair shop, but got out of the business. Just fix things for friends now and then, but it is great to see a site with this much information. I will post when I have something to contribute, but you see to have the more knowledge here thn I do.

Chuck

Comment

Hello,
            I'm Marin 30 yr old and I have started with Pentium 166 MHz, since the I'm repairing/trying to repair PC's and all related, for now I'm trying to learn how to repair Slot Machines.

Comment

I have taken things apart for many years now, the difference between then and now is I have less screws left over after reassembly.

Bd..

Comment

Hi, I'm a retired Englishman who has a variety of hobbies and pastimes that has now turned to trying to understand TV basics in order to repair a Panasonic TXP50VT20....this forum is so worldwide its quite outstanding.....I have to say that I am starting at a very VERY low, 'change the board' kind of level..

Comment

New member, just wanted to say hi.
                  Have been reading through quite a few threads in the past couple of days and I am amazed at how many experts dedicate their time to help others.
                  It looks like a fantastic forum and full of helpful information.

Comment

Hello My name is Adilson I work for D&P Electronics a medium sized company in Massachusetts that mostly deals in Televisions. We sell them new and used the rest ,the broken ones, we never used to bother with just warehouse them but now we are trying to expanding into the repair aspects of the Television sales world. And this site seems to have the most helpful people on it so here i am.

Comment

Howdy folks. I'm a long-time tinkerer and troubleshooter wanting to learn the ways of electronics repair (beyond the level of "buy a new one"). I have a pile of interesting stuff and a decent multimeter... now all I need is knowledge Thanks.

Comment

Hello.
                        I've used information from this site for years.
                        Finally joined so I can post questions.
                        Thank you.

Comment

Hello . I find this forum on internet so i decide to join you for learning and improving my hobby ,which is repairing electrical and electronics stuff.Also i wanna apologize if my questions are not so explicite ,this is because of lack experience.Thanks for understanding .

Comment

Hi people,
                            I am Krishnamurti from Calcutta,India & @ 23 and a die-hard Linux lover and advocate of open-source stuffs,too.
                            One day i was storming the net for any kinda easiest method to test any IC before declaring it a bad or worn-out one and go for another one,i eventually landed here!And right @ that very moment,i was short-circuited by this forum's info-heaviness!!So i became a member.
                            -------I like 2 play with things....that's all..
                            Last edited by Krishnamurti Naskar; 11-27-2013, 07:06 AM. Reason: missed out points!

Comment

New irish member here

Hi, i'm from dublin in ireland.

I'm 42 and i've been in it for 20 years.

this is the first time i'm doing repairs on laptop motherboards at component level.

look forward to hearing all your advice for any technical problems.

Comment

hello,

first time trying to fix my tv, fingers crossed

Comment

Hello,
                                  My name is Eric and have been an electronics tinker-er for years. I have fixed several electronic devices/circuit boards over the years and enjoy learning. I'm a telephone man by profession and currently have a dead Vizio 37" LCD TV. Hoping to get some guidance and knowledge about TV repair, because I hate paying others for what I can do myself.

Comment

Hello, greetings from Poland.

Comment

Good morning from Florida USA. I am Geraposi, I don't know what that means, I hope nothing bad in any language. I am a retired TV repairman and you would think a guy who had graduated from Valpo Tech in Valporaiso Indiana in 1957 and worked on TV's from then to when he retired in 1988 would be right at home repairing a Vizio E550VL flat screen TV, well that is far from the truth. I feel like I did when color TV came on the scene in the sixties. Only then I was in the business and had my television distributor helping retrain all the techs. That I don't have now and I need some help and guidance, which I feel at this time I will get here. I have a Sams library that fills two four drawer filing cabinets that I would trade for a block diagram and schematic for the fifty five inch Vizio laying here with the back off that only clicks and makes the Vizeo name on the front change from orange to white when I push the on button. No raster ??? or no light from the screen....I would likto check some voltages but with no schematic I am flying blind...all for now. I will try to start a thread if this gets me the right to do so...Thanks geraposi

Comment

New Member here as well.

Started out in college in Electronics Technology, served in the Navy for six years as an Electronics Technician and since getting out have worked as an Electronics/Telecommunications Tech for the Dept. of Justice for the past 20 years.

Work on alot of systems from fire alarms, CCTV, DVR's, PBX's, perimeter detection, metal detectors, UPS, power supplies, and radio systems. I know a little bit about everything but am a master of nothing.

Joined here to hopefully find solutions to problems that I run across from time to time and possibly give some insight to someone else's problems as well.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm a retired EE from the pacific northwest. I bought my first plasma a few years ago for 50 bucks and thought it would be fun to tear it apart to see how it was made. I ended up fixing it in a few minutes by replacing caps in the power supply and never looked back. I've since bought and repaired dozens of them and given them to family members. (I love to be the favourite uncle)!

Comment

Working...
                                          X