This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey everyone! Greetings from sweden! I'm new on this forum but allways like to fix stuff or at least trying, for the moment trying to fix a bad lcd tv.

Comment

Hello all, i've joined this forum to try to troubleshoot a Panasonic Plasma TV.

Comment

Thanks for this, glad to find this forum, don't do much, but happy to know there are still people out there who do their own repair work!

Comment

Motogeek1 here...just to introduce myself. Tinker mostley with guitar equipment but recently dug into my sanyo flatscreen. was turned on to this forum from a guy named Anthony over at replavement tv parts, was super helpful and thought I could gain some more knowledge through this forum while picking through my TV. So, thanks for letting me jump on board....oh, bad pun

Comment

good morning every one im a newbe here and am very happy to be to be a member of this forum because i want to learn more about electronics thank to the admin of this site thank you and god bless...
            SERVICE MODE
            -----------------------
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...t=service+mode

Comment

Hi everyone! here's a new member !
              Name's Twice..Vinny Twice..but i ain´t a 00..the only killing is to my equipment i gues ..lol..
              so very happy to be part of this comunity
              cheers

Comment

Hello i am new to this site

Comment

New to this forum, and looking forward to some great interaction! I'm k7ncr, AKA Norm, and have some questions I want to post about my plasma TV issues. I usually work on old tube-type radio gear. I got a good deal on this 50" Toshiba, and decided to tackle the repair myself.
                  Norm

Comment

Hello everybody! I love this forum! So much good information on electronic fixes. I'm not the most educated with electronics, so its nice to see people who care and have patience for people like me. I just got out of prison (haha, I work in a prison) and I'd like to fix a free LCD TV that I got off of Craigslist. Not my first time around bad capacitors, as I was fixing iMac's power supplies back in the day. Anyways, thanks!

Comment

Hello all, I've been in electronics since I could remember and then got involved in the IT side of things. I love these forums to exchange ideas and keep on top of newer technology.

Cheers,
                      Brian

Comment

greetings and salutations. i thankfully found this site because someone posted on another forum the essential information i need to fix 2 of my dead computers. hopefully i can try my hand at replacing ost resistors and it will be a success @_@

Comment

Thank you for your site, I hope to find what do I need to repair my Toshiba L300 19Y

Comment

Hello from UK looking forward to taping into the wealth of knowledge you guys have and if I can help in any way too.

Comment

Hello from Athens, Greece.

This forum has very useful information.

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here.

Hello from Dashnieuil. English, living in France. Found this forum whilst researching iMac G5 problems. First encountered computers in number crunching bank hardware "Project 70" may ring a few bells with some. First personal was a Sinclair ZX81 with plug in 16Kb memory which invariably fell out at a crucial point. Interest in computers was purely from a user point of view until wife's Mac went bang. So am now into desoldering and soldering PCBs - oh joy! Need to use a very large magnifying glass though.

Comment

Hey
                                  from Charlotte N.C.
                                  hope to use this forum often

Comment

Greetings, trying to fix a LCD TV for a friend. We'll see what I've got myself into. No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

hello, my name is gal... kinda of a fixer... liketo learn

Comment

Hello there! Hello from Russia!

I got a small business here, doing computer repairs and IT stuff - www.sochicomputer.ru if anyone interested. Lately I come across a problem here, computers, notebooks mainly that were overheated. People bring them to me for cleaning, and I discover thermal paste was changed and they used half a syringe, or radiator is stuffed with dust, 1.5 to 2 mm thick. That of course I clean, and in most cases it does the trick. But sometime video card or south bridge is acting up. I discovered that this problem is due to melted or bad soldering in BGA underneath the chip, and can be cured by heating the chip with hot air, or removing and re-soldering chip.

To this kind of stuff I'm new, and this is why I went to google and find your forums, so that I could ask my newbie question as to what equipment I need.

Comment

Ayyy, the questions:

Besides 4 in 1 SMD rework station with hot air, soldering and smoke removal and suction pickup, what else do I need?

What is that infra red preheat thingy? And do I need it?

What brands should I go with (220V) and which once should I avoid?

Remember, my long term goal is to start doing component work and cell phone repair, people also brake their cell phones, and I need to get into that!

Comment

Working...
                                          X