• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello to everyone, I'm here to learn more about repairing

Comment

Hello I am Trbovan and I am a automotive technician by trade but enjoy fixing all things. Also I am too cheap to buy new so pretty much everything I own was thrown away and I repaired it. Component repair is a skill I am just learning and I need some help.

Comment

Hello, I'm learning about acer bios, my acer laptop is bricked, I tried very hard to save it but need everyone's help.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
          As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
          So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
          where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
          hello world!

Comment

Nice place

Comment

Hello all!

Comment

Can any one help me for HP EliteBook x360 1030 G4 DAY0PAMBAF0 REV F PMIC-MP2949A (Core IC) Firmware CSV file.

Comment

Hi, I'm Stynus and I'm here for repair info.

Comment

Hi there! Excited to join. Snagged and 2007fpb so looking into maintaining it.

Comment

Hello everyone, Happy to join this community

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello and greetings from Macedonia

Comment

Hi, I'm Dan, I am often repairing computers as part of my job. I just found this forum, looks like a good place to be involved.

Comment

Hello! I'm Zeus. Nice to be here and hope to learn more.

Comment

Hello, i'm Gpo23 i live in France and interrested in repairing electronics material. Looking forward to exchange with you.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello all,

My name is George and i hail from the UK. I love repairing, restoring and bringing old things back to life.

Comment

Hi to all, my name is Eddy.
                                      I am from Austria.
                                      I came to you forum because I have a water damaged MacBook Pro Model 2338 and searched for a schematic of the logic board.
                                      I hope I can find one otherwise I have to pay for a one years subsription for a schematic tool from china which I don´t like so much.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                          I am at the beginning of my journey with electronics and repairing mostly laptops. I registered here hoping to find help with problems and wanting to learn more.

Comment

Working...
                                          X