This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone from a young (...) EE from Italy, who started in 1964 as amateur with battery-less crystal diode radios, continued as professional by building computers (literally piece by piece, microprocessors still to come - it was the time 4k memory was luxury) and related operating systems; and still kicks today as an elder hobbyist with IoT and computing-related technologies such as CAD and 3D printing.

Comment

Hello everyone,
      just some info about me.
      I'm an electronic/telecommunications engineer from 1980.
      I saw and used the first computers boards being born: AIM65, PET, TRS80, Apple II, IBM PC, Sinclair ZX81, Commodore VIC20 e 64, Sinclair Spectrum, ATARI 400 e 800, Osborne One, Texas TI99.
      I worked for 38+ years as R&D manager in a Italian telecommunications company and am now retired but I keep up to date about any electronics items on the market.
      Obviously I love HP calculators.
      I am a licensed radio amateur from 1986.

I can't miss that forum indeed so thank's for accepting me on this forum.

Comment

Hello everybody, my name is Albi. I live in Albania . Thank you for accepting me to your forum

Comment

[QUOTE=Albil92;1271289]Hello everybody, my name is Albi. I live in Germany . Thank you for accepting me to your forum

Comment

The name is Andy, and looking through the intro's it would appear that I am a little older than some. Started life with the original Spectrum in 1982 I think. Through the job(communications) had a laptop the size of a house in '86 and progressed through 286 onwards. Wrote software and databases in my early years, but am now retired and an old silver surfer. Still repairing PC and basically anything electronic, but getting harder as the memory is not what it was. Cheers

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am Addster09 I have been a lurker on this forum for a long time and decided to create an account because I needed some help. I or rather my brother has bricked my laptop and I have decided to fix it

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi all. Hoping to save my tv from the landfill Vizio m652i-b2.

Hoping someone knows how to enter the service menu for this tv . I have tried the remote codes found online, and none have been successful.

Comment

Hardcore techy whose glad to have found this site with its excellent community. Knowledge is easily shareable and this forum is testament to that,
                    Here to repairing many boards in the future.

Comment

Hello, BadCaps.

Specifically opening this account to help my dad fix his ASUS FX506L.

Carry on.

Comment

Hello BadCaps community.

I have found myself perusing through threads here at BadCaps on a handful of occassions, as a lurker of course, and it's rather refreshing to just about always find helpful, friendly and quality information being shared amongst the community.

I am a pretty all around novice computer person type of guy comparatively speaking to the titans found here and am just hoping to advance my knowledge when possible while interacting with quality humans.

Thanks in advance for any future help I may be given and thanks for all the previous education I received while lurking/perusing.

Comment

Hello! Accomplished tinkerer and repairer at the "FRU level", now getting into component level as a "lifelong learning" kind of thing. Seems there is a wealth of info here, signed up to see some of the pictures attached to posts.

Comment

Hi, I'm really into technology and love figuring out how things work. Have always been curious and eager to learn, not just about fixing problems but also understanding why they happen in the first place.

I've also had some experience in business, so I like looking at the bigger picture—like how technology impacts the market or changes the way we do things. I'm excited to be part of this community and can't wait to learn from you all and share my own experiences. Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                              I'm Max from UAE.
                              I found this forums from Paul Daniels website. He mentioned here's a nice place to find board schematics.
                              Would appreciate it if you activated my account.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Hello there, I'm Pryrex and I am here to unbrick my laptop!

Comment

Ok.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                    I'm Francesco from Italy, currently 21 years old and studying engineering. I've been (trying) to fix motherboard since I was 14 and with the time got better and successful results. I've join this forum because it's always nice to have some brainstorming with other people who could have different troubleshooting ideas.

Can't wait to get some help!!

Comment

Hi
                                      I'm David From France, and I am starting to study the mainboard repairs, I already have used this forum in the past with the search fonction, but i want to go deeper and that's why I want to mke a little presentation of myself

Comment

Hello, I'm Dohni from the United States. Currently trying to fix a laptop with a corrupt bios.

Comment

Hi, Dirk from Germany, looking for Lenovo Bios

Comment

Working...
                                          X