Hey, electronic hardware is my fun and reversing. see good

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi there
      this forum seems to have a lot of valuable info

Comment

Hello folks,
        I'm doing laptop refurbishment in Oxford to address the digital divide, so the schematics people post for Dell and Lenovo machines will be very useful. I've also got some old monitors with CCFL backlights which I'm hoping I can resurrect.

In the past I've recapped the PSU on a FreeView PVR (the 'Toppy') and I've got some old DAB radios whose power supplies probably need the same sort of attention. I'm glad to have found such a useful community.

Comment

Hello all,

My name is Bogdan, 23 years old and I am from Germany
          1,5 years ago I finished my apprenticeship as an electronic technician with focus on information and telecommunication technology (that's what we call it in Germany). Since then I have found fun in tinkering with electronics. Mainly I have dealt with graphics card repairs. Now I want to learn more about other devices and share what I have learned so far.

Comment

Hi there! I've been an avid tech and electronics fan since i was about 3 years old.. Figured it was about time i joined! Plus my laptop decided to fail on me and it seems to be the GPU, hoping i could find a schematic so i don't have to reverse engineer!

I have way too much retro hardware though, i need a good clear-out!

Comment

Hola me llamo oliver soy de españa

Comment

Hello to Everybody,
                I'm Serg and from Canada, closer to retirement. Former medical equipment repairman,
                some knowledge in programming and hardware, but most curious in bios unlocking for
                my little projects. Hope will get a lot hepls for my stupid questions. Don't blame me if annoying you )) Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello! I'm from Cuba and I'm a know scener in PS2, 3DS and PSV communities.

I came here looking for a GA-H110M-DS2 BIOS to help repair some motherboards in a local cybercafé and I've found it!

Nice to meet you all!

Comment

Hello to all here. Looking here about info for iMac firmware bypass.

Comment

Hi, I'm Steven and I'm from the UK.

I am an electronics hobbyist.
                      I am back trying to learn more about electronics.
                      One of my main interests is the supernatural, and I have a Youtube channel named: Tarot Superstars.
                      I have a physics bachelors degree, I do web development. I like computer games, Minecraft and COD4.

Comment

My name is John and I am a beginner electrician. I don't have much experience with online forums but I'm a quick learner. Since I'm just starting out, I thought it would be helpful to join an electrical forum so I can get advice when I run into problems.

Comment

Hello All!

My name is Mike, I'm a Canadian that's been living with my family in Tucson AZ for 23+ years. Though I am now retired, I started out my career in the Canadian Airforce/Military as an Avionics Technician throughout the 80's. Back then I worked and was trained on DeHavilland Buffalo and Boeing/Vertol (SARCup) CH-46 Helicopters as a Search & Rescue Avionics Technician where I eventually came to teach what I was taught, which included though not limited to the fundamentals of Aviation electronics to college level military students.

In 88 I became a "Civi" and left my military life behind to resume my career as a Senior Avionics Tech working in Montreal. This was for a young dynamic Airline Carrier that mostly leased their services to any country that needed immediate airline transportation services. Along with the selected aircraft, the lease included the front and backend crew (Pilot, Co-Pilot, Flt Engineer, and Flt Attendants) as with senior field avionics, structures and powerplant engineering technicians that safely maintained the aircraft's airworthiness during the duration of the leased contract.

We mainly operated 747s, 757s, and when I started with the company, they also operated old clunky (yet relatively reliable and profitable) DC8s. This brought me to work in many different countries such as Kwait, Saudi Arabia, Mombasa Kenya, Columbia, Panama, Paris and Nice, to name a few.

As Lead Technical Avionics Engineer, along with a PowerPlant/Structures Engineer we safely kept and maintained the aircraft's serviceability and airworthiness during the duration of the aircraft lease. In 93 for unsurmountable reasons the company went under and, I, along with several others, were snagged by Bell Helicopter where I worked there for 3 years as a Senior PreFlight and final production line Avionics Technician.

Along the way I studied and acquired my Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircra...gineer_(Canada)) and my FAA Airframe & PowerPlant Certificate. In 96 I was picked up by Bombardier in Montreal as a Maintenance Planning Engineer creating/writing the required Minimum Maintenance Planning & Engineering Document (ASA CH5) for the Challenger and Global Express. I then left the company to contract my services back out to them as an Electrical and Systems Design Engineer at Tucson's Bombardier/Learjet Business Aircraft Completion Center.

I did that for a while until I was hired to contract and lend my services as Key Customer/Client Representative for a Business Aircraft Owner/Operator at GlobalJet Luxembourg. My responsibilities had evolved drastically as I was now working for the "other side" representing the Customer/Owner as a Customer Representative.

Not to oversimplify my tenure, as Customer/Client Representative, I was basically responsible for decisions and approvals required during the entire Aircraft Completion Cycle, from beginning to end, all the way to the final delivery of the aircraft where I then stood as the key Regulatory Agent for the completed aircraft, preparing, organizing and officiating all necessary aspects of the aircraft's final delivery and transfer of ownership to my client, as with to the aircraft's designated country of operation which included its Airline Regulatory Body.

Other than the little laboratory electronic component level troubleshooting and repair experience I had acquired at the onset of my career as an apprentice Avionics Technician, none of the above that I've shared and for which is asked of me for being a new client to this forum that mainly serves as a means of introduction to me onto this forum, included component level repair and troubleshooting, which seems to be the main strength of this forum.

With all of that I've comprehensively shared within, now that I'm retired, I have time to re-educate myself with core electrical component level troubleshooting and repair. I am currently getting knee deep in repairing/upgrading Apple Computer Systems, mainly laptops and desktops.

Right now I've picked up a 2020 iMac 27" A2115 logic board that has an iCloud Lock on it, which I've yet to figure out, hopefully with someone's brilliant guidance and assistance.

Though the above is just a snapshot of my career in full disclosure, I have omitted other minor tangent career sidesteps that, nonetheless enriched my general knowledge, where I felt it was not pertinent enough to add at this moment.

So that is about it. Where applicable, I want to thank everyone in advance for any and all the help and guidance I am to receive and learn from members of this exclusive forum.

For now, all the best, be well and stay safe,

-Mike

Comment

New user here: I found this site following the digital breadcrumb trail for a Dell 2210 monitor diode repair, and access is needed to reach the technical attachments. I'm an electronics hobbyist with a limited skillset derived from decades of tinkering and repairs and some training from an IBM engineering support internship many years ago that had me soldering test boards for weeks. I primarily try to keep my lab's equipment, ranging in complexity from from shakers up to mass spectrometers, running without breaking the bank, plus repairing items for my wife's workplace and my collection of aging gaming equipment (Odyssey I through present, with my childhood TI-994/A needing some attention...).

Comment

Hello,

my name is Marvin and i joined to forum to repair my broken L340 gaming laptop.

It just switched off and now is not able to boot. I hope i can start a new thread and helping others too with the thread.

Comment

Greetings all, I'm a software engineer by trade, but in my spare time I like to repair electronic (and non electronic) things that the kids break, or that I find unused somewhere. Also play around with arduino and RasPi projects.
                                Big believer in the right to repair and want to up my game in this and learn a lot of new things here.
                                I am also old enough to have been a user of forumus since the early days

Comment

Hello,

My name is Ruben and I'm from Sweden. I have a dog named Lily and I like fixing stuff and selling them. I don't work because of health issues but when I can I get broken things and fix them to sell or keep.

I'm mostly good at computers but I'm learning how to fix cars and other things like TVs and cellphones.

Comment

frank 71x , i am electronic , üzemi mérnök vagyok. Észak Szerbiából.
                                    Szeretek még mindig tanulni.

Comment

Hi,
                                      my name is Eric and I'm from France.
                                      I used to enjoy electronic engineering activities a few years ago.
                                      I'm now interested in trying to repair at least one Dell XPS15 laptop that died a few months ago just after the warranty period was over.
                                      It seems badcaps.net is the right place to find the right methods, good ideas, interesting documents and maybe answers to questions that may come when exploring the PCBA :-)

Comment

Hi there

I am a hobbyist and repair devices in my free time. I do it mostly because I hate them going to waste.

Hope to find fellow passionate people here!

Comment

Hello I'm scumbag. Im not really a scumbag. Just a name that's never taken. Here for advice and help with electronics.

Comment

Working...
                                          X