X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Everyone,

Im Joe, im from Jersey, and im a automotive tech by trade. I love technology of all sorts and like to tinker with electronics in my spare time.

Comment

Hi All.. I am Rahul from Melbourne. I love to fix thing up. By profession I am a Network Engineer. I have no formal training in fixing any electrical components but my interest in them has made me explore and learn more day by day. I'm sure you must agree that experience matters a lot, so I am here to get some fantastic suggestions from all the members. Thanks

Comment

hi all, im 30 years old and from swindon in england, kind of new to this but have replaced caps etc on old tvs...i will be posting a problem with my 50 inch plasma, hope you can help...

Comment

i have been reading and learning a lot from this site in the past few months and decided to register thanks to all the helpful people you have here! i figured since i've learned a lot new things that i would try to fix some of my things instead of buying new! so thanks for making the site and all the people who help thanks in advance hopefully i will be helpful to others in the future! p.s. the phillies aren't doing as well as i hoped this year but i'm still a fan!

Comment

Hello, my name is Mike, I own a business called Vision Electronics. I repair Audio/video/projection for Home/car?professional. I also enjoy reading these forums for the sheer fact of pointers and knowledge you can come across. Thanks guys

Comment

Hello all my im an engineering technician for the govermnet. love my job love the hobby of electronics. ive found this forum very helpful for trouble shooting consumer electronics

Comment

Hello. I'm Mike from Amarillo. I just found this forum while searching for repair information on an Sony TV I was given. I've had pretty good luck with repairs on LCD monitors and figured an LCD TV couldn't be too different.

Comment

My name is Jeremiah McMann, I'm a paramedic in northern California. I like to take on small projects and recently a co-worker of mine brought in a new TV to our station. It's a nice TV, a 2007 LG LCD, #42LC7D. Problem with it (and he knew it when he came in with it though he didn't think it was, "this bad".) So the issue is, when you turn the TV on, the green light stays on, and after about 30-45 minutes, the screen appears to be on but has no picture (green light never flashes, just stays on), then you have to turn the TV off/on a few times before it works normally..I haven't turned the unit off because I don't want to not have TV today...but my friend says if I fix it I can have it!..
                  From the research I've done, it sounds like the capacitors, but I want to be certain before I start operating. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. I like little projects like this!

Comment

Hi,

I bought many capacitors from badcaps.net a year ago, but I will have not repaired the boards that are piling up inside a box.
                    I purchased ASRock 939DUAL-SATA2 from ebay, and got it today.
                    When I tried to test it, a Power MOSFET went up in smoke (No kidding, I saw the smoke and red flare of the Power MOSFET burning.
                    Oh no, there goes my $30 purchase!!!
                    Anyway, I will like to discuss the bad MOSFETs on PC mainboards in addition to bad electrolytic capacitors on badcaps.net in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by computerpartshunter View Post
                      Hi,

I bought many capacitors from badcaps.net a year ago, but I will have not repaired the boards that are piling up inside a box.
                      I purchased ASRock 939DUAL-SATA2 from ebay, and got it today.
                      When I tried to test it, a Power MOSFET went up in smoke (No kidding, I saw the smoke and red flare of the Power MOSFET burning.
                      Oh no, there goes my $30 purchase!!!
                      Anyway, I will like to discuss the bad MOSFETs on PC mainboards in addition to bad electrolytic capacitors on badcaps.net in the near future.

Sorry, I should have proofread my posting before clicking "Post Quick Reply" button.
                      I meant to say, ". . ., but I still have not repaired the boards that are piling up inside a box."
                      I have several mainboards I should repair, but college is starting . . .
                      What was I doing this summer?

Comment

hello. my name is Rudi Wijaya. im 24 years old and from indonesia.. i just found this forum when i want build esr meter

i just think this forum useful enough, so i think to join and learn together with others.

please help me for my eager to learn anyway
                        "There is no shortcut to be successful. No pain, no gain."

Best Regards
                        Rudi
                        Thank You

Comment

Hi all, in Sydney Australia, 57, Electrician by trade but now just estimating, and trying to fix my Plasma...

Comment

Hello,
                            I am a new member to the forum. I have an Acter X241W that has stopped working. The computer detects it, the power light stays green, but no image on the screen. I tried shining a light to see if there is an image on the screen and no backlight, but I couldn't really see anything.

I disassembled, and the power supply is putting out 12v and 5v on the connector that is marked. There is another connector going to the inverter that has 7 pins but not clearly marked which is which. The board mentions outputting 12v, 5v and 19v. I am assuming the 19v is going to the invertor.

I inspected Caps for bulging/leaking, and do not see anything definitive. The only thing that looks weird is the transformers on the invertor have bubbles around them, not sure if that is normal. There is also one spot on the power supply that is slightly discolored from heat. Wondering what I should check next

Comment

Thanks for this incredible website. Just retired and looking forward to spending my spare time doing things I WANT to do! (probably with lots of questions)

Comment

Hello, My name is J.D. and like Joe (Merc1032) above, I am an automotive technician by trade.
                                I get heartburn taking items to a repair facility when I feel I should be able to repair them. I have a Westinghouse LD-4255VX with a red light on the front with no display or audio. It quit back in April and we think it may have been after a thunderstorm. I am hoping to learn enough from all of you on this website to get headed in the right direction to fix it.

Comment

Hi all. I am a take it apart and figure it out type a guy.
                                  Thanks to forums like this it makes things almost to easy.

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is Wayne and I reside in the Boston area. Been working in electronics repair since High School (35 now). I will attest that the no-name cap issue is an electronics epidemic. I love to learn and give back, so that is why I'm here.

Comment

Hi all, im Mark, I like to repair pretty much everything, ive a good habit of taking things to bits!! I like to repair computers, TV's, phones. oh, and I am married, with 6 kids!!! Hello to all!!

Comment

hi badcappers o/
                                        im new here, just a postnoob gamecoder whos rly interested of learning to build small rc heliplanecar-robot :S
                                        Excited of fixing by changin components mostly, instead of going to buy a new device.
                                        Finally had to made account after seeing Japlytics year old post about same device i now had problem with.
                                        -Nice to get a possibility for clear instructions if something's little mysterious to meh.
                                        hmm. . have super day all! :]

Comment

Hi, have been repairing PCs and laptops for about 10 years now. Live and work in west central Scotland.

--
                                          gav

Comment

Working...
                                          X