• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

my name is Christoph Stand. I am from Germany and married with my job :-D
    First Computer C64 .... my love
    Nokia N900 Fan and it's working today

I don't like Microsoft and my hobby is tech.
    I want to obtain more skills.
    I was very happy to find this forum.

Thanks

Comment

Hi everyone, Nebbia from Italy, just getting started as a hobby to work on electronics.

I have a soldering iron and a multimeter, and a usb hantek scope.

hope to find good info around here!

Comment

Sup guys, my name is Michael, i'm from Poland.

I'm a random guy with some technical skills, who repairs or try to fix any broken electronic that come to cross me.

Comment

Hello,

My name is William and I am a software/electrical engineer from the UK.

I have a technical background and outlook, and try to repair any electronic device that comes my way. I have a specific interest in Audio/Video equipment in this area.

Comment

Hi,

My name is Craig from central Scotland. I'm currently a software consultant but started my career as an electronics engineer. I have had a very practical interest in both electronics and computers since a very young age (circa 8 years old - now 50!). I used to build those radio shack kits with the components, wires and spring terminals back around 1980 and progressed to soldering together all sorts of kits in my teens.

In parallel with this I got heavily involved with computers and owned several Sharp computers (MZ-80K, MZ-700, MZ-800) and then BBC Model B before moving to Intel based machines starting with an Amstrad PC-1512 and then building my own machines.

I graduated as an Electronics & Electrical Engineer from Glasgow University back in 1995 and initially worked for Lucas Automotive Electronics as an electronics design engineer. Since then my main career has moved more towards the computing side but I still have a keen interest in electronics.

Not long ago I resurrected a battery bombed Macintosh SE/30 by transplanting all the ICs and discrete components from the damaged PCB to a brand new PCB. For this project I sourced a microscope, hot air station, oscilloscope and decent soldering iron.

My current project is to fix my wife's 2019 MacBook Pro which suddenly died a week or so ago. This is a bit of a step up from the SE/30 so I need some assistance! Hopefully I've come to the right place!

Comment

Hello
              I'm here just to say hi and need help with a motherboard repair

Comment

Hello, my name is skutronik.

Comment

Hello everybody. I'm from Türkiye. I'm here to help each other.

Comment

Hi to all. I am from India.. to learn something from here... thanks in advance...

Comment

Hello! I am from Ukraine.

Comment

hello,
                        My name is Carlos, I'm a technician, I love this profession, but my profession and hobby run in the family. My father already fixed radio and CRT TV. I'm Brazilian, but I don't know how to play football. I'm young, I'm 25 years old, but since I was a child I see and repair everything that enters the electrical network. I graduated in computer networking. my goal in the forum is not just to repair but to learn and share my knowledge.

Comment

Hi all thanks for accepting !

little info:
                          not much experience in board repair still learning.

30yrs old from the netherlands.
                          own repairshop.

Comment

Hello, I'm srojasv, hoping to contribute to this community!
                            41 yrs old, just starting with a small pc repair shop.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Yo, what's poppin? Not sure where to start so I'm gonna ramble a little about myself and hope it's enjoyable enough. My name is Muhammed I'm a United States Marine, I'm 19 years old, born in Basrah, Iraq on the 21st of February 2004. Shortly after my birth my family moved to Syria and then moved again to the United States when I was about 4 years old. My first gaming console was a Saga Saturn, followed by a PS2, the Original Xbox, an Xbox 360, and inevitably a PC although we've always had a computer in the house, I'd play simple web games on it when I was younger which I though was dope as hell so I started to get super into computers and programming in general. By the time I was 12 I had already compiled my own Linux kernel to deploy on a server and start pen testing with. Fast forward a handful of years later now I'm enlisted in the Marine Corps as a 1721 defensive cyberspace operator doing the same penetration testing. I'm mainly here to learn a thing or two about the structure of a BIOS file and the many formats they come in, never had a reason to mess with that stuff till today so I'm kinda excited to see what's up, that's kinda it I know it was a bit dry but hopefully it was bearable enough.

Comment

Hi all,

I've had a lingering interest to start dabbling in electronics repair for the past few years. I'd say my experience is about a 2 out of 10, so still learning a lot. I know how to solder and use a multi-meter and I know how to safely work on CRTs.

Comment

Good morning. I am an electronics and computer scientist. If you need help, no worries.

Comment

Hello everyone. Looking for some info to repair some pro audio gear here. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                                      Just dropped in from Manchester, UK after following some links?
                                      You have some interesting stuff!

Thanks

Comment

Hello, Lithuanian guy here.

I'm trying to understand how are the passwords stored on my EliteBook 840 G3, how to remove them.

After browsing the forums a bit I am interested in the differences between HPUnlocker and and RCUnlocker.

I didn't thought that in last 10y storing BIOS passwords on PCs/laptops became so advanced that it requires reflashing the BIOS or (if I am right about the exact terminology) the System firmware.

I still wonder whether the password is saved on TPM or some other place (in my case).

Cheers,
                                        S.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                          Just joined in in hopes of fixing some BIOS issues. I recently fixed an MSI GS66 Stealth gaming laptop via flashing a new BIOS with the CH341a programmer. Now I am trying to fix other BIOS related issues. Currently, I am working on an HP Probook 450 G8. I noticed that this laptop has an SPI ROM chip and EC ROM chip. Hoping to learn more about how to fix the HP Probook 450 G8.

Comment

Working...
                                          X