This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone! I am very glad I finally joined this forum. I have been the go-to guy when family, friends and neighbors needed assistance with their computers for quite some time now and I thought it might be good to learn more and get a better understanding of the component-level stuff. What better place to do this than here!? Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from all of you

Comment

I have been repairing electronics circuits to component level since 1982. I don't have lot of experience with LED TV's per say, but I have repaired a few. Looking forward to what I may learn here.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am Steve I live in France. I am a professional programmer (C++, C, asm, Js) and I wanted to get into electronics as a hobby. I find the site great and I hope to one day be able to give back what I take.

I wish you the best

Comment

Wow i didn't know such forums exist. Let me confess i absolutely have no idea about electronic repair... mhhh I bet you are now asking yourself why i am here.... well... my laptop shorted and in the quest of troubleshooting i happened to repair it first using a diy YouTube tutorial... This gave me immense interest in learning and troubleshooting my electronics alone... have learnt a lot and also willing to learn more.... i have been repairing mobile phones ever since.... Si I am in a learning curve

Comment

Hello All
            I'm Mohamed from Egypt, 40y, I love repairing electronics myself, So I found here is the best meeting place for learning and sharing Knowledge

Comment

Всем привет!я пытаюсь улучшить свои навыки ремонта электронных компонентов.

Comment

Добрый день, друзья!
                микросхема PS2701-1-F3-A Renesas
                кто подскажет что за точки на микросхеме и за что они отвечают?

Comment

Добрый день, друзья!
                  микросхема PS2701-1-F3-A Renesas
                  кто подскажет, что за точки на микросхеме и за что они отвечают?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Vitalyi; 09-20-2022, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm from Italy. I've studied electronics and now I'm learning to fix computers. Still got a lot to learn. This place looks good!

Comment

hi! all, almost 20years from the first post and it seems like we are close to an anniversay now, thank's to you all who have make this community bigger and especialy the founders who make it exist, proud to be a new member of you all.

i am a computer tech (desktop and laptop), with 10years of experience in the field, have working for a big repair company in my country, and now start a new business, and i came here to share knowledge, give and take help between us.

Comment

Helo everyone, Wexlei here from Joinville, Brazil. Computer Engineering by degree, but once in a while I fix and/or upgrade laptops for friends and family.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I'm from Canada, 54 years old, my first computer was a commodore 64 !!! Been using computers ever since. I would say I'm not a newbie when it comes to troubleshooting computer …

I came to this site to acquire more knowledges from you guys !!

Comment

Hello, here I am after hearing about this forum on Youtube videos. I am here to learn and maybe help others a little if I am able.

Comment

I was looking for a schematic for my laptop and I found this forum. I sometimes fix electronics for myself. I wanted to keep this laptop going longer and I've discovered a short. I think I've fixed the short by removing the component now I need to figure out what it was doing and whether it was broken or the board.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name's Giuseppe, I'm from Italy and I'm a notebook and pc technician. I am here to seek help and to help the community, as it has already been of help to me on many occasions. I hope you forgive my not perfect English

Comment

Hello everyone. Just doing my introduction post so I can post a question about my repair. See, I have a Vizio TV where I successfully replaced all the LEDs in the backlight (all 160 of them). Even managed to not lose any rows or columns by damaging the flex cables that go to the panel (no small feat when it's a 70" TV), even after removing the panel multiple times (a few bad solder joints on my LEDs). But, on final assembly, one of the flex cables came out and now things don't work so well anymore. I think I blew up the TCON or the panel (hopefully not the panel), so I'm looking for advice.

Comment

Hi everyone.

I am just starting my adventure in repairing laptops. Your knowledge will probably help me a lot. Greetings from Poland

Comment

Hello everyone, new member here.

Got a couple Microsoft Surface Pro 5's the have the UEFI password enabled so can't make changes. looking for some help and insight.

Comment

Morning everyone,

Certified Electronics Technician. Got my certification finished in 2003, didn't do much more than hobby/on the side work since until last year I jumped with both feet into electronic repairs. Residential, commercial and ag electronics are keeping me busy.

Came for insights, and like minded people.

Byron

Comment

Hello,
                                          First post as per the PM since I am a new account.

I will start a new thread when allowed but having issues with my laptop not charging, spent some time already talking to the batteries outside of the laptop by using i2c and pretending to be a host, tried several chargers etc, so looking towards problems with the motherboard next.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                          X