This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Thank you for the welcome and allowing me on board. It's nice to see in the first few messages all the people that had/have Commodore equipment. I started out on a kit computer, a Sinclair ZX-80....it was supposed to come as a kit to assemble. Because there was such a demand they sent out preassembled units, and of course I got one of the preassembled!...DOH......Then to the VIC-20, C64, Amiga 1000, 500, 2000, 2500, 1200, 3000......and now Windows PCs.....still love my Amiga....
    Anyways.....what brought me here is a problem with a Sceptre x20wg-naga, it was given to me and was dead. Would not power up at all. Replaced the caps that were bulged and it powered up and worked great. But now a new symptom is happening. When powered up, it will display for about 5 secs and go black. power off and on will display for 1-2 secs and go black.......what the.......

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is Frank. I'm a hobbyist and DIYer, currently in grad school studying business. I'm pretty new to TV repairs (which is the main reason I joined badcaps), but I do have some experience in PC and notebook repairs. Looking forward to reading and contributing to the wealth of information on this forum. Cheers!

Comment

Hello ,
        My name is Hans
        A have an dead Dell Display and after an search on google, it brings me here.
        I hope to find an solution for this display.

Cheers

Comment

Hello fellow geeks,
          I call myself Henry nowadays as my Finnish name Heikki is too hard to most english speakers as I live in New Zealand now.
          I have been into electronics all my life pretty much. I started pulling things apart when I was a little kid back in Finland. Then it was old valve radios and one Ericsson wall phone which was not antique then but will be now.
          I repaired my first valve radio when I was about 6 years old! there was a broken wire which I reattached and the radio came alive! It must have been 1964 then? Then I decided that I will be a Radio and TV technician when I grow up.
          As kids we played my dads old records with a His Masters Voice gramophone at the attic. The gramophone had broken spring so we had to turn the record by hand keeping the speed steady. By moving the record back and forth we invented scratching which DJ's nowadays use.
          Fast Forward to this day and I have moved on from electronics to other things but it is still a hobby. I worked for Nokia in Finland, Channel 9 TV station in Australia and various other electronics jobs doing component level repairs. My job involved a lot of travel locally and some overseas trips. Most memorable trips were to Soviet Union. Moscow, Leningrad and Tallinn. In Tallinn me and other Finnish TV Technicians visited the TV station and coming from Western World, the Soviet technology looked like alien technology to us!
          Nowadays I repair the occasional electronic gadget as I had a flying accident which cut my electronics career short after 20 years.
          Good to find this forum and I am looking forward to converse with you my fellow geeks

Greetings from sunny Nelson

Henry

Comment

Hi all!

I joined because I was stupid enough to buy a Dynex TV. ;P

Comment

Hello guys (and girls of course)!!!

I came here while I was searching for solution and decided to join.

I'm a computers and electronics freak since 1981 and my first Sinclair ZX81

Comment

Hello everyone. I have admired the vast amount of information and help that's offered here for years and decided finally to join. Thanks for letting me join.

I've been involved with electronics engineering since the early '70s and computer software/hardware since the early '80s.

Great forum and a great collection of members. Thanks to all who have taken personal time to donate so much help and information.

Comment

im wideon a useless repair laptop dude

saying hello and help

word

Comment

Hello all~
                    I stumbled upon badcaps on a failed attempt resurect a dx 32in tv. I'm hoping to change that with everyones advice, and expertise.

Comment

Hey World, My name is Andy and I am based in the UK near Dover, just wanted to say this is a very useful and great site.

Comment

HI,to all members.I m from Pula Croatia.

Comment

Hello, I am from Zagreb,Croatia...Doesnt have a lot of knowledge but i got Samsung with blinking red that want turn up ...sometimes works for some time then even if is in standby it turn of and you cannot turn it on again until you move it from electricity. Then chances to turn again are 50% but if you leave it for longer (more then half of hour) it will turn again and work some time...Once again-Hi to all...

Comment

Originally posted by kojot View Post
                            Hello, I am from Zagreb,Croatia...Doesnt have a lot of knowledge but i got Samsung with blinking red that want turn up ...sometimes works for some time then even if is in standby it turn of and you cannot turn it on again until you move it from electricity. Then chances to turn again are 50% but if you leave it for longer (more then half of hour) it will turn again and work some time...Once again-Hi to all...
                            Im good with soldering.

Comment

Hi all, fairly new to doing electronic repairs.
                              Soldering irons and solder do burn.
                              Had a few successful repairs done to tv's, some still puzzle me and some bad fails.
                              Some screen changes are easy but bad memories of a laptop that went from bad to worse.
                              Motto is try it, if it doesn't work least you tried. Everything is a learning curve.
                              Will help within I can on here and will look here first when I need the help to.

Comment

hello to all, im engelmar from caloocan city, philippines. im new with electronics, hope to find new learnings here. more power to all

Comment

Hey guys, I've been browsing your forums and there is a wealth of information here. You guys do great work. I am fairly new to electronics repair (read my name backward) but have had some good luck through reading and researching forums like these plus a little electrical background. I look forward to learning from and with you all.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi, im baldy from Bristol Uk
                                      . I found this site looking to cut down the sparks from my probes and gain a few tips, as a total novice an hobbyist i thankyou in advance for your knowledge and help.

Comment

Hello,
                                        I'm Tom from Camarillo. An engineer in semiconductors and electronics for 25 years, I know just enough to be dangerous. But with good directions, I can do it!
                                        I found the forum looking for diagrams and help fixing the power supply on my Visio JV50P HDTV10A. It works, but has to warm up for a while before turning off and back on. Information on the net is so scattered and it is difficult to find quality. When I read some of your posts, I can tell I am on the right track. Wish me luck, I open it up and order some parts today.

Tom

Comment

Hi everyone! I am from Serbia.I have my own workshop for multimedia aplliances repair.I join this forum to share repair experiences of pc-s,tv,dvd-s,etc.

Comment

Working...
                                          X