Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3300uF low-ESR caps suitable to PSUs in D10mm - may be possible!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3300uF low-ESR caps suitable to PSUs in D10mm - may be possible!!

You sure it's water based? I have strong feeling it's other way around, since KY is oil-based. I think they managed to drive ESR so low they are touching ultra-low ESR with oil based, hence the long life. Most water-based hve 1000-2000 hours. And 2200 mA is quite good for most older boards.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Behemot -
      WTF are you talking about? One of your fairy tales? Jeez. „True Enermax Liberty“

That 620W model was one of the worst Enermax PSUs in history so they did several revisions and than ditched it in favour of more succesful 400- and 500W models. More succesfull = they did not burn itself and half of the computer with them so often as 620 did.
      And that is exactly the attitude and lies, that get you banned on all major Czech forums Svět Hardware, PC Tuning - just for example:

Behemot banned everywhere

Behemot aka Pavel Boček:
      http://www.svethardware.cz/forum/showthread.php/15537
      "Červená karta" mean Banned:
      http://forum.pctuning.cz/memberlist....rofile&u=19508

So, for the record and not for you (because I know you response beforehand), there is what the issue on hand is:
      - Behemot have no real axperience with Enermax PSUs, just a big mouth
      (when I show facts, he did not respond to the facts, he just claiming that I tell fairytales... while anyone can judge, who recapped there (ATM) Enermax 620W Liberty and with what good results, not to mention that anyone can see, who come up with facts, not just biased claims based on own lies)
      - Behemot do even allege, that the highest from the Enermax line is the worst one, while it is known fact, that the line does not differ much, except in the rating of the components - if he just checked out the reviews, he would have know this, but his ignorance and lies are outstanding - no wonder he get called upon these lies and banned accordingly...
      - Behemot (who have proven to not have any real experience with geniune Enermax Liberty line or PSUs) even allege, that the PSUs "burn itself and half of the computer with them so often as 620 did", while this line of PSUs have the exactly protections for this case - any do they work: "Protected by OCP, OVP, UVP, OLP, SCP, and OTP for maximum safety"

On the other hand, I respect that Behemot can apply well some of the knowledge he sniffed out of me and HoNY and he do a reasonably good job when recapping.

There is just the lies and horrible attitude he have against others that get him into troubles
      "It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
      "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway my config - my caps

Comment

trodas - you will never be even half the man Behemot is.
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Just for the record - mr. Administrator of PCTf is crazy idiot who is healing his complexes on users, many good people have been forced to leave PC tuning forums in last aprox. 5 years since he took power.

As for SHW and mr. Polívka, it's similar, that guy is not able to fulfill his promises what made me somewhat angry so I left that thing. Than after some time, I wanted to visit daughter forum (about TV technics), soon after that I have been banned for pointing out their new "wonderfull" login systems does not work despite lies he's been saying. Criticism is not allowed there. Once again, many good people have been forced from there, that forum has basically died many years ago thanks to him.

I have no regrets for being banned by idiots. After all, criticism from idiot is the best recommendation!

As for Trodas - without lowering to his level, just generally, he is…known for his wild theories and behaviour which quite often have the dimensions of fairy tales. I would not bother with him, he will move trolling to other forums sooner rather than later
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Just for future reference, I would be willing to put money down on custom Samxon GT, or Chemi-Con KY/KYA. Up to $100

Comment

I've found some new interesting model lines, especialy KZM/KZH, and also others from Nichicon and Panasonic, actually already in Mouser. Will order soon (mostly some D8x20 mm for displays). Distributor should also have samples of those KYA 3300 uF/6,3 V on the way.

Comment

I got a message, D10x20 mm genuine NCC KYA (16 V, 25 V and 35 V) should arrive during april.

Comment

^
                  in 3300uF capacitance?

Reason i ask is because 2200uF 16V and 3300uF 6.3V in 10mm diameter are nothing new. Panny FK have been available in those sizes for a while now.
                  I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

In 20 mm height? I write it ofr like 3rd time here, these are for displays, 1500, 1000 and 680 uF.

I'll get samples of 3300 uF/6,3 V. They have somewhat higher ESR but almost twice the load life.
                    Last edited by Behemot; 01-20-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I think I spotted UCC 16V 3300uF caps in 10mm again not too long ago. I forgot to post it then, so here it is now:

It is from JonnyGuru's Superflower Leadex Gold 1300W review. I *think* they're 10mm. could be 12.5mm though.
                      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

They're 10mm. Look at how they compare to the size of those TO-220 rectifiers. The diameter of a TO-220 package is about 10mm as well, so 12.5mm caps would look quite a bit wider, where as those caps look about the same diameter as the rectifiers. I would love some of those!

Comment

Will you put your money where your mouth is, so-to-speak, if we do a group buy of these ?

Comment

Sure! If they were KY or KYA I'd go up to $120. I know I said $100 a month ago but I changed my mind I've been getting more things to recap so I would love to have these on hand.

Comment

Link?

Comment

Link to what? The review? Just in case... http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=367

Comment

Those are either heavily custom, or fakes. There is not even model line. Don't have time now to investigate further, if you do, try to find other reviews and photos. Have to go now…

Comment

Certainly not fakes! The PSU also uses UCC polymers. Obviously these were custom made for Superflower.

Comment

I'd be interested to know what series the NCCs are on that PSU. Going by the shots in TPU's review, they look like W series (which doesn't seem to exist) http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/S...00F14MG/4.html
                                      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

That's why I said very custom. But the vents are suspiciously shiny. Original NCCs have dim aluminium can, not polished
                                        Last edited by Behemot; 01-22-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

They do look strangely shiny, but I'm sure Super Flower knows what they're doing, and probably deals directly with NCC. There's no way they'd risk using possibly fake caps especially in a 1300W unit

Comment

Working...
                                          X