Position of plasma TV during repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position of plasma TV during repair

I was always afraid of lying the plasma screen down while doing repairwork, for the risk of breaking the screen. I have always placed the TV standing upright against a wall.
    Maybe I exaggerated the risk of screen damage. How are you working?

Re: Position of plasma TV during repair

Originally posted by PowerAmpFreak View Post
    I was always afraid of lying the plasma screen down while doing repairwork, for the risk of breaking the screen. I have always placed the TV standing upright against a wall.
    Maybe I exaggerated the risk of screen damage. How are you working?
    I work on a rigid table. I place a bath towel over it to protect the bezel from scratches. Philips sells a pair of (roughly) 4" x 4" x 30" non-static rigid foam 'railroad ties.. These have the advantage that they hold the screen off the table so it is possible to slide a mirror under it and observe the screen.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Re: Position of plasma TV during repair

I have a converted rear pro tv base with three struts across the top for support,then I
      have placed the old plastic screen on top.
      This allows me to see the screen while the plasma is laying down.

Comment

Working...
      X