Sharp Aquos Lc-80LE757U flashing Sharp on screen when plugged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos Lc-80LE757U flashing Sharp on screen when plugged in

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-80LE757U that randomly made a loud popping noise when when watching TV one day. We found that the fuse blew and the thermistor. We ended up replacing the entire power supply board and have also replaced the TCON board. Now as soon as I plug the TV in it lights up and has the Sharp logo flashing on and off of the screen. If I unplug the ribbon cable from the TCON board to the main board I get the 2 long 5 short error code. Any ideas on where to go from here? We've tried resetting it but nothing has worked. If we plug it in and let it cycle through the flashing of the Sharp screen it clicks off and gives the 2 long 3 short error code. Once I can figure out how to get my images and videos to attach I will post those as well. I am new to this so I hope I was somewhat clear on this. The link is my TV that I recorded and uploaded to help see what is happening.https://youtu.be/_xFSqnmIFxk
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sefoster; 11-20-2022, 09:46 AM. Reason: adding images

Re: Sharp Aquos Lc-80LE757U flashing Sharp on screen when plugged in

try some testing, unhook all 4 ribbon cables from the tcon board, then turn it on, see if anything changes, then try with just one end cable unhooked and the other 3 hooked up, then do same for other side, take note of anything different, best policy is to make ALL connections and disconnections with tv UNPLUGGED from power to avoid any errant surges and such.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      try some testing, unhook all 4 ribbon cables from the tcon board, then turn it on, see if anything changes, then try with just one end cable unhooked and the other 3 hooked up, then do same for other side, take note of anything different, best policy is to make ALL connections and disconnections with tv UNPLUGGED from power to avoid any errant surges and such.
      I just unplugged it and unhooked all of the ribbons. I then added in one at a time testing them (I unplugged the TV between each time) then had three hooked up with one out and rotated them to see any differences. They all flashed until I had the second one from the left, when looking from the back and I got a black screen with white and grey vertical lines. After about a minute it started flashing again

Comment

disregard, forgot you said that the blink code was with cable unplugged, so no blink codes with everything hooked up right?
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-20-2022, 12:21 PM.

Comment

can you get a stable menu up? prolly not, if you can try going to backlight setting not brightness and turn it way down and see if theres any difference.

Comment

did you make sure the tcon was a match, usually need to match up the numbers on the white stickers.

Comment

I am unable to get the menu to pop up at all. When I plug in the power cord to the outlet it immediately starts to flash with the Sharp logo across the screen, while it is flashing there is no error code. After about a minute it will stop flashing and click off and then I receive the error code of 2 long 5 short blinks. And yes the tcon is a match as well as the power supply board

Comment

Now when I plug the TV back in just the screen flashes black with no error code. Then it clicks off and starts over but still no error code. Everything in the back is connected.

*edited*-nevermind. It did this cycle 2x then shut off and gave the error code 2 long 3 short

Comment

ok, so you do get the blink error with everything hooked up? that does indicate a powerboard problem, do both powerboards give the same blink code?

Comment

yes both give the same blink code

Comment

Originally posted by sefoster View Post
                      Now when I plug the TV back in just the screen flashes black with no error code. Then it clicks off and starts over but still no error code. Everything in the back is connected.

*edited*-nevermind. It did this cycle 2x then shut off and gave the error code 2 long 3 short
                      ok, both those codes refer to power supply error.

Comment

I am going to have to reach out to where we bought it from and see if they can help with it. I am thinking it might not be worth saving the TV at this point as it is older.

Comment

I think sharp has one of the best pictures, being a big 80 inches, I would try to save it, specially if it's just a powerboard problem, did you get the same blink code with both powerboards?

Comment

this tv having a 240 refresh rate is going to be better than a lot of the black Friday stripped down deals, even at 1080p, not sure how well the active 3d works but the newer tvs seem to not be 3d anymore, at least from what I have seen.

Comment

I haven't tried the 3D on it. I somehow managed to ruin the motherboard now too so I will have to order that now as well. But yes I got the same blink code with both power boards. What are the changes both power boards were having the same issue? Or could it be something connected to the power board?

Comment

good question, guess you could check the cable from powerboard to mainboard, check for any burn marks or off color on the ends, can also check it for continuity on all the wires, I just use a couple stripped bread ties, stuck in the ends to check continuity.

Comment

might be good to check the powerboard as stand alone and see if the backlights come on and you get all expected voltages, not exactly sure how to do it on this tv, would also help if you could test each pin on the connector both in standby and when you hit power on, those bottom ones can be tough to check being so small and awkward to get to.

Comment

Hi, try one or both of these: disconnect one flat cable at a time of the tcon output and test. Disconnect mainboard to tcon cable and connect a wire from 12v to tcon input fuse at Mountain of the two terminals then try. Note: i can't see nomoresonys posts

Comment

why did you replaced the T-CON and you have only fuse on power board was blown..as you replaced the power boards..
                                      put back yours original t-CON. and don't play any more with panel or t-con ribbon cable.. just be sure the power boards you replaced belong to 80 tv size.. it may for 70 or less which didn't match the LED BL currents.

Comment

I didnt think of that possibility, your replacement powerboard should be very much like this: https://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-runt...ply-led-board/

Comment

Working...
                                        X