Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LED TV flashing green 2x per second - LC-70LE735X, DPS-222BP, RUNTKA857WJQZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LED TV flashing green 2x per second - LC-70LE735X, DPS-222BP, RUNTKA857WJQZ

indeed that is reasonable, I wouldn't be surprised if the mainboard is the only problem, interesting thread, will be watching, I own a sharp lc from 2007 but it never broke, hope it don't, I don't get much opportunity to fiddle with a sharp. Seem to be good tvs tho except for the ones with the panel problems.

Comment

Re: Sharp LED TV flashing green 2x per second - LC-70LE735X, DPS-222BP, RUNTKA857WJQZ

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      indeed that is reasonable, I wouldn't be surprised if the mainboard is the only problem, .
      you are now indeed join my 2 glass whisky with me lol

Comment

okay. seriously.. let finish here
        when we are testing PCB standalone and we did have the main V 12 or 13 0r 24 v. these are what MB need so we stop testing standalone , we leave it to MB to see first step starting ( eeprom ) sending PS_ON if it did and main V we find them which i mentioned before are enough
        any lack of other Panel or BL are because Main IC don't give feed back signal to eeprom so it stay blind didnt send signal to turn them on..... this is 99,9% the case over all TV platform.
        Last edited by Diah; 04-20-2022, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beetle1303 View Post
          1) Screen ribbon cable unplugged from T-Con, power on normal - no change flashing 2x red flight
          2) While screen ribbon cable unplugged, pressed Vol- & Chn-, powered up: no change flashing 2x red light.

Will do the oven bake tomorrow morning, then redo these various procedures.
          Thank you, and good night.
          Baking in oven at 250C 12min, off oven open door slight to cool for 20min, took out and cooled to room temperature. Man, it stink!!

All the white plastic connector turned brown... I think the PD connector deformed and not able to get a tight-fit clicked connection anymore.
          Seems like intermittently connection problem now. On powered up -the power indicator 2x flashing sometime there sometime not. After a few hard reseat, it eventually failed and not able to get power up indicator anymore...

And when able to get power up 2x flashing red light, did all the reset procedures: Vol- & Chn-, Vol+ & Chn-, etc. all the results are no difference from those before back, including those voltages when reset to green led light.

So, I guess the MB is truly toasted, time to move on the get a replacement MB now.
          Attached Files

Comment

Baking in oven at 250C 12min, off oven open door slight to cool for 20min, took out and cooled to room temperature. Man, it stink!!
            And when able to get power up 2x flashing red light, did all the reset procedures: Vol- & Chn-, Vol+ & Chn-, etc. all the results are no difference from those before back, including those voltages when reset to green led light.
            so the BGA issue at main IC became more.. use hotair gun to toast the mediateck chip only... who knows could catch solder point.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
              so the BGA issue at main IC became more.. use hotair gun to toast the mediateck chip only... who knows could catch solder point.
              Hmm, I don't have a heat gun.. Is a 2000w big hair-dryer good enough? Or a small butane torch safe for this?

Comment

Hmm, I don't have a heat gun.. Is a 2000w big hair-dryer good enough? Or a small butane torch safe for this?
                Nope.. with the big 2200w hairdryer at max heat min for 6-8min, nothing happens..

Comment

Nope.. with the big 2200w hairdryer at max heat min for 6-8min, nothing happens..
                  you need at least 250° only hot air gun can do,, or infrared Korean BBQ

Comment

you need at least 250° only hot air gun can do,, or infrared Korean BBQ
                    I have a butane torch for brazing that can heat to 700°C - can use this at low frame for 1-2 minutes?

Comment

I have a butane torch for brazing that can heat to 700°C - can use this at low frame for 1-2 minutes?
                      wow... try but could be good if you put weight on the IC and from downside start heating or from the top ab to you just to avoid the chips move from it place... be sure you know the emergency fire police Tel No,

Comment

wow... try but could be good if you put weight on the IC and from downside start heating or from the top ab to you just to avoid the chips move from it place... be sure you know the emergency fire police Tel No,
                        Nope... torch with lowest frame for 1 minute or so, and stopped immediately at the sight of light smoke! No, it did not trigger fire alarm, but retested and ya, completely BBQed

Comment

A quick checked - the big cap shows 403Vdv but all the transformers above it shows no voltages in all the output pins... With a LED tester - all the 14 led strips are mostly 175V, with 2-3 showing 173-174V.
                          i just reading back yours POST #13 you wrote that you cant see any light of LED with tester however the tester show 173V !!
                          you dont have 14 strips from the photo i can see only 7 wires on eack socket the LED - socket L2 and LED+ socket L1
                          so forexample testing LED-2 with LED+2 LED-11 with LED+11 and so on.. you can see from amy whole at the chassus if there are light or not.

Comment

i just reading back yours POST #13 you wrote that you cant see any light of LED with tester however the tester show 173V !!
                            you dont have 14 strips from the photo i can see only 7 wires on eack socket the LED - socket L2 and LED+ socket L1
                            so forexample testing LED-2 with LED+2 LED-11 with LED+11 and so on.. you can see from amy whole at the chassus if there are light or not.
                            See attached pic - there are 14 LED+ and LED-
                            With LED tester red probe on LED+ and black probe on LED-, it reads 173-175V range, mostly 175V. *Cannot* see any light from the back of chassis holes, nor from the front screen.
                            *LED tester working when tested with spare led strip.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by beetle1303; 04-21-2022, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Nope... torch with lowest frame for 1 minute or so, and stopped immediately at the sight of light smoke! No, it did not trigger fire alarm, but retested and ya, completely BBQed
                              Shopping for a replacement MB:
                              This one from TaoBao is the closes I can find:
                              Model: LCD-70LX732A MB: QPWBXF733WJN2 Panel: LK695D3GW30C

Original:
                              LC-70LE735X MB: QPWBXF733WJN2 Panel: LK695D3GW3AD

You think this will work?
                              Attached Files

Comment

what are the 5 letter numbers on the white sticker on the original mainboard?

Comment

what are the 5 letter numbers on the white sticker on the original mainboard?
                                  This white sticker?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

See attached pic - there are 14 LED+ and LED-
                                    With LED tester red probe on LED+ and black probe on LED-, it reads 173-175V range, mostly 175V. *Cannot* see any light from the back of chassis holes, nor from the front screen.
                                    *LED tester working when tested with spare led strip.
                                    i see now each socket 14 wires.. this is monster.. yours LED tester cant turn on them as i think its limitet with currents few ma.
                                    at time yours LED BL are 420 LED

in Australia there are used one MB and in Philippine too
                                    Attached Files

Comment

yes, that must be it, if you can match those f733wek6 or f733k6, you should have a match, as far as other boards working, I don't know.

Comment

i see now each socket 14 wires.. this is monster.. yours LED tester cant turn on them as i think its limitet with currents few ma.
                                        at time yours LED BL are 420 LED

in Australia there are used one MB and in Philippine too
                                        But I am tester each of the 14 strips individually - should be able to lit up the 30 leds in it as I have tested it on older 30-led strip.
                                        I will retry in total darkness and see if what happen.

*the link to MB you provide is quite expensive... I am searching of cheaper ones from China but they seems to be of different models.

Comment

yes, that must be it, if you can match those f733wek6 or f733k6, you should have a match, as far as other boards working, I don't know.
                                          https://www.bukalapak.com/p/elektron...35x-lc70le735x

This part link provided by Diah looks like identical to my original MB, but it's 10x more expensive the the close-look from China.
                                          I think I will try my luck with this cheap one.

Comment

Working...
                                          X