X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un60j6200 backlights

Hi there.

My uncle's tvs leds went out.

I actually had some from a cracked tv that I picked up years ago.

I replaced them all except for 1 strip because I had cut one up for a project. He still had a couple that tested ok.

These are laid out 2 strips with 7 leds each in series. 3 strip sets in series, with another 3 strip set in series. A total of 84 leds. The power supply says it's 326v. 326/84 = 3.8v per led.

Well after I gave it back to him, 1 strip died 2 days later. The one that I didn't replace I guess.

All of his bad strips were either 3 or four leds open or the whole strip shorted.

So I was able to swap some individual leds around to repair around 4 strips.

What's a best way to test them with a power supply?

I tested the repaired ones on my bench supply at 21v (assuming 7 leds x 3v) and and they range from .15 to .16 amp draw. I didn't really want to up it to 27v (7 x 3.88)

I'm not sure of what is the best way to stress test them, but I would like to know because I'd like to not have to open it up again. :-(

The power supply for the TV seems okay, the D9001c diode is not shorted. Other than that I'm not sure what to check if that has a problem.

I'd love to be able to drop the voltage from the supply or have a way to prevent spikes also.
Working...
X