Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE65JS8500 UE65JS8500LX 5 blinks

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
    I think it's most likely the eeprom. Can you probe the eeprom pins and let us know what you get. Almost all samsung main boards I have fail are from eeprom with the exception of a few.

Do you have an eeprom programmer?
    Since I have the same boards I can read my eeproms and upload. Keep in mind it's the US version
    I have the eeprom programmer ezp2010. Would need to take out the chip from main board 99%. Do you know which ICs need to read?

Comment

I cannot check for your untill tomorrow but I will definitely help you out and let you know.

I haven’t removed the heat sink to see where the EPROM chip(s) are. Usually Samsung use winbond chips so easy to identify.

I think there are 2 but not positive.

Comment

Your photo is blurry but there is one Winbond chip in the cutout of the heatsink.

Comment

I cannot check for your untill tomorrow but I will definitely help you out and let you know.

I haven't removed the heat sink to see where the EPROM chip(s) are. Usually Samsung use winbond chips so easy to identify.

I think there are 2 but not positive.
          I am not in a hurry as customer gave me the set. I would wait your feedback of tests if not of a big hassle as if I am 60/40 between Main/TCON.

Comment

Originally posted by alltvrepairs View Post
            Hi, So I will take the offer these are 3 tests that can help me and possibly others with problems in this chassis.

1) If you disconnect the TCON from the main board what happens? Backlight is ON (Y/N)? Does it give any error (Y/N)? Sound OK on HDMI (Y/N)

2) If you just take out both panel to tcon ribbons , Backlight is ON (Y/N)? Does it give any error? (Y/N) (Y/N)

3) If everything in place except the LED connectors. Backlight is ON (Y/N)? Does it give any error (N) ? Sound OK on HDMI (Y/N)
            1) no backlight. Didn't hear any sound so I'm assuming it doesn't fully turn on.

2) backlight turns on and stays on/ also there is a blue light on the tcon that lights up. See attached pic

3) not sure I understand. If you unplug the led connector the backlights won't work. There's no power.
            But I do get 2 blue led lights on tcon when everything works correctly.

See 2nd pic
            Attached Files

Comment

1) no backlight. Didn’t hear any sound so I’m assuming it doesn’t fully turn on.

2) backlight turns on and stays on/ also there is a blue light on the tcon that lights up. See attached pic

3) not sure I understand. If you unplug the led connector the backlights won’t work. There’s no power.
              But I do get 2 blue led lights on tcon when everything works correctly.

See 2nd pic
              Many tks for your time..

Point 3 is interesting as in my case I have the 2 blue LEDs on. But in my case the standby LED blinks 5 times then pause a few seconds and goes to standby and repeats the cycle.

Help me out identify which part should I buy first TCON-Mainboard-BAcklights . I am mostly inclined to the Mainboard issue
              Last edited by alltvrepairs; 02-14-2022, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I would suspect mainboard as well. But not positive.

Comment

I would suspect mainboard as well. But not positive.
                  If it is easy for you to read eeprom and can share file with me I would update my version as a last resort before purchasing one.

If it is a hassle don't worry, I understand its a busy life out there as well

Attached Files

Comment

Sure thing. Have to give me a day or 2 though.

Comment

Hi,
                      Have this curved TV for repair. I have noticed 5 blinks then goes to standby and cycle repeats. Seems responds to remote commands but backlights not lit
                      Any hints on this model?
                      Samsung didn't have any error code.
                      the blinking you see its boot sequences of the eeprom. but no response from main IC so it go to STBY and try to start the boot script again.

Main IC didn't response 1- BGA, 2 Toasted , 3 Audio circuit shorted. 4- T-con send back turn off because fault at panel buffer boards. or damage ( broken )

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                        Samsung didn't have any error code.
                        the blinking you see its boot sequences of the eeprom. but no response from main IC so it go to STBY and try to start the boot script again.

Main IC didn't response 1- BGA, 2 Toasted , 3 Audio circuit shorted. 4- T-con send back turn off because fault at panel buffer boards. or damage ( broken )
                        Main IC didn't response 1- BGA, 2 Toasted --Most Likely,
                        4- T-con send back turn off because fault at panel buffer boards. or damage ( broken ) --Less likely panel is giving this fault as Storyteller12 kindly removed ribbons to panel and set switched ON with backlights. I have disconnected ribbons as well and same fault.

After I update the software, I will apply some flux and hot air to the BGA just in case of a dry pin as a temporary solution.

Comment

Main IC didn't response 1- BGA, 2 Toasted --Most Likely,
                          4- T-con send back turn off because fault at panel buffer boards. or damage ( broken ) --Less likely panel is giving this fault as Storyteller12 kindly removed ribbons to panel and set switched ON with backlights. I have disconnected ribbons as well and same fault.

After I update the software, I will apply some flux and hot air to the BGA just in case of a dry pin as a temporary solution.
                          yours eeprom are fine and booting... why you want to play with it and its not the issue... remove load.. disconnect the rail of audio section and see it it come on. first
                          between you said some things about purplish LED BL, Samsung LEDs BL are with zener build in LED tester will pass them okay even zener open or sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                            yours eeprom are fine and booting... why you want to play with it and its not the issue... remove load.. disconnect the rail of audio section and see it it come on. first
                            between you said some things about purplish LED BL, Samsung LEDs BL are with zener build in LED tester will pass them okay even zener open or sorted.
                            Will try your advice about Audio. This board uses 2 NTP7415 audio amps
                            Haven't found a matching datasheet yet but managed to find a similar NTP7400 from an LG service manual which I am expecting same supply pins.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Will try your advice about Audio. This board uses 2 NTP7415 audio amps
                              Haven't found a matching datasheet yet but managed to find a similar NTP7400 from an LG service manual which I am expecting same supply pins.
                              Voltrage Supplies to both Amps looks healthy. I have 3.3v, 5v and 12v. Found 1.8v and 1.1v near CPU and also all outputs I managed to check from DC-DC converters healthy.

Waiting for the dump if available to try as my last resort before purchasing another main board.

Comment

Ordered Mainboard. Will update the outcome in around 2 weeks. Fingers crossed no new surprises.

Comment

Working...
                                X