No announcement yet.

RCA Virtuoso RHOS581SM-D Picture Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hauled this out of storage and had another look at it.

Both motherboards were recovered by finding the update file on line and putting on a usb drive. When I say recovered I mean they are back to the original stretched image problem.

Looked closer at the tcon and still don't see anything wrong but it does have a 24c64 on it. Found this tcon on aliexpress and it comes in both a 2k and a 4k version I presume the difference is in the eeprom contents ? Probably doesn't matter as finding the .bin file for it would be damn near impossible I would think.

Comment

Could be the previous owner miss-matched the boards, for the tcon, you need to match up the first 15 digits of the model number on the white sticker, suppose you can match up by the panel number on the same sticker.

Comment

The tcon sticker matches the panel sticker right down to the revision number (C2) that's why I was wondering if the po somehow put in the 2k version instead of 4k. But looking at it again there is an empty slot for another connector that is used for 2k so probably not that either. So possible bad flash or failed tcon in another odd way or still yet a failed panel. Can't find a similar "failure" on the web anywhere.
        Last edited by mmartell; 01-01-2024, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I can finish this one off by saying the correct Panel setting IS in the service menu and it's...

HDMITX_VB1_4K2K_60P

This was only possible once I found the firmware file which resets the panel to the default which is wrong but good enough to navigate the Service Menu to make the changes necessary. Took a few times lol.
          Attached Files

Comment

Great save, that was a brain teaser for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X