Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

i did that: did the hold power and vol - , plugged in was green/orange for about 15 seconds went solid green let go of buttons, about 10 seconds later started green/orange again. i'll try it again BUT give it more time this time.

Comment

tryin now, doing reset, blinked orange/green for only a few seconds, went solid green pretty quickly this time, let go of buttons, blinking orange/green for a while, stopped for a few seconds then back to orange/green blinking, watching the indicator now.

Comment

ok it stopped, indicator light is off. it was anyway for 15 seconds then solid green for 5 seconds, now its off again.

Comment

guess its time to cook the mainboard like a pizza.

Comment

ist dead??

Comment

did not cook it, but its same as before, music no picture or backlight, heated some crap with a hairdryer, no change but i didnt expect any, theres 2 pretty big heatsinks covering the chips.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-24-2022, 11:39 AM.

Comment

theyre selling the e-nand some places for like 60 dollars, seems VERY high to me, dont know if that would fix it, looks like a used mainboard is probably more than the value of this tv if working.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-24-2022, 11:41 AM.

Comment

wonder if this is a good candidate for a universal mainboard?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    wonder if this is a good candidate for a universal mainboard?
                    where are you thinking.. just try replace your tiny friends IC9017 LOL

Comment

guess i could try that, not much to lose, mainboard seems to be the problem, not paying 150 or 200 for a used mainboard thats likely to go bad anyway.

Comment

guess ill get an ic9017 from ebay, plus got to get a microscope for sure.

Comment

Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

looking closer at the mainboard, found a tiny cap short near ic9403, not short off board, coil for ic9403 read short to ground both sides, removed coil, with coil removed 1 of the coil pads read short to ground, before removal of coil and cap ic9407 was reading short from pin 5 to 6, after removal of cap and coil, the short from 5 to 6 of ic9407 is gone. Looking at ic7702 pins 3,4,6,7 all read short to ground, removed ic7702 and only pad 3 is short to ground and pads of ic on the board read short from 3 to 4,6,7 that is measuring from pad to pad. I think ic7702 is 9d6a3w or 906a3w, couldn't find a datasheet or any info. about such a chip, it's very small. you think this could be a condition caused by bad bga solder contact? the thermal paste was dried up and useless under the 2 big heatsinks.

Comment

No clues? If I could understand hindi, I would have had it fixed by now, are they really that far ahead of the rest of the world?

Comment

No clues? If I could understand hindi, I would have had it fixed by now, are they really that far ahead of the rest of the world?
                                good if you catch hindi..LOL .. all what i know you have the following all related to BL
                                2.3v on bl-error High.
                                on G1B board theres 39.5v on pin 1 and 2 which it should >60.V
                                on main boards U COM IC9017 pin 17 PANEL_PWER_ON 0 Zero.
                                on main boards U COM IC9017 pin 18 BL_ON 0 Zero

you are now testing caps or coil on MB... we said it could be the IC defect because you said as sure yours edge BL strips all good.

Comment

thats mostly right but 17 does have 3.4v on ic9017, I don't think the backlights are making these shorts on mainboard, did short testing with mainboard out of tv. I think post #333 tells the tale of what could be wrong but I'm not sure what it means. probably just going to reflow the chips under heatsinks and see if those shorts go away. don't have the 20/20 or the patience for this micro-soldering bs, its micro to my eyes anyway, when a hobby turns into a chore, might be time for a new hobby.

Comment

Maybe I'll use difs reflow profile, I hear he's never had a return on ANY of his reflows.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-02-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

thats mostly right but 17 does have 3.4v on ic9017, I don't think the backlights are making these shorts on mainboard, did short testing with mainboard out of tv.
                                      since when you have 3.4V on pin 17 IC9017 ?? if you where correct then you should have >12V on T-con fuse.. but you have 0.11 as you said.. !!

on pin 19 you have 3.4 and this is power on and its correct
                                      Last edited by Diah; 03-02-2022, 02:59 PM.

Comment

ok, 17 and 19 have 3 volts, 18 has 0v, while testing when the music was on i would touch 18 and music would stop and go back to orange green blinking, tiny work, taped needle to probe.
                                        Have had 3 volts on 17 ever since you suggested to test them back on post #182 here.

Comment

Was starting to think maybe a bad harness but that would not explain the bad readings of caps and those 2 ics on mainboard because it was out of the tv during those tests..

Comment

Working...
                                          X