Samsung un58tu7000fxza - Power cycles with no picture, only backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung un58tu7000fxza - Power cycles with no picture, only backlight

if the models match close enough and you do the testing and get same results as in the videos, then that method will probably work but it could be something else, these tvs are pretty complicated to say the least.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-02-2022, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Well i need to first find out from which side the issue comes from, read my previous posts..

Comment

did you read my previous post, I do not see the thing you are calling the u-connector.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          did you read my previous post, I do not see the thing you are calling the u-connector.
          U bridge
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, signals are passed from the right side where the flat comes from the mainboard/tcon to the right side, with that u-bridge. Removing it and having the jumper connected makes half of the screen work with lines.

However, i'd like to understand which side has issues. I'm confused because the lines seem to be coming from the right side (the one that is lighted up with the U bridge removed) but the right side is the side that is washed up.

So, where is the issue, from which side ? I really need to figure that out, if anyone can shed some light.

Comment

well it looks like you are trying the method in the video you linked, did you follow it precisely?

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                U bridge
                Thanks Lotus.

Comment

For him it was clear that the issue was on one side, for me it's not. I'd like to clear this out before starting cutting traces..

Comment

no he didn't cut any traces, he put on the wire and removed something from panel driver board. Your post #77.

Comment

For the record, ive cutted all traces on the left side of the panel (right side of the PCB) but no change, the lines were still there and the right side is all washed out. AAAAAH.

I reconnected all the lines on the pcb..

Comment

Hi everyone.Just wanna say that mine is working too. I have done taping track 22 which is feeding LCD pannel with 25V , then crossed VGH located on pannel's PCB with MB's 25V directly bypassing molex ribbon using random wire. Havent use the resistor as wasn't necessary in my case. TV turns on every time. Thanks for detailed explanation.

Comment

I have new PS and Motherboard if interested

Comment

@Chris_UE58 can you show us which video you followed?

Comment

It was not actually a video. The idea of linking LCD panel directly with MB described earlier gave me a clue that could be a possibility of current leak between VGH 25V and VSS -10 placed next to each other. Cheebster's post #71 and the link he found was crucial. I haven't removed anything from LCD PCB panel.

Comment

ok, I see, thanks
                                Kris.
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-07-2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris_UE58 View Post
                                  It was not actually a video. The idea of linking LCD panel directly with MB described earlier gave me a clue that could be a possibility of current leak between VGH 25V and VSS -10 placed next to each other. Cheebster's post #71 and the link he found was crucial. I haven't removed anything from LCD PCB panel.
                                  Alright, so taking VGH from worked like on mine directly to the panel.

What's the difference in running a wire and going thru the flex, isnt it the same ? Less resistance ?

Comment

I have isolated path 22 of the flexi using tape . +25V is going through my wire only. I have soldered to the VGH testing point on LCD PCB and MB's soldering point next to the molex connector.

Comment

Could be less resistance or something which is causing voltage drops as is pulled next to VSS -10V path 23

Comment

Working...
                                      X