LG 55LA6200 Back light strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55LA6200 Back light strips

it seems like the replacement strips could be brighter, you could try using one of your lenses from original strip on one of the new ones and see if that makes a difference, in case the lenses might be different enough to be the problem.

Comment

If the substitute lenses aren't a good match, they will not diffuse properly. Found this problem on a 42 LB set and trying a different seller. You can confirm by reinstalling an old strip if all the leds are working and the lenses are still attached.

Comment

Thanks nomoresonys and neilc6.
        Yes, did install one old working strip in the center along with new strips, no halo from the old but all new produce Halo. Did tried to use two old lenses on the new strips but wasn't a success. Tried to keep the .019 gap, no halo but instead a bright spot like if lenses had fallen. I guess it is hard to perfectly centre the lens over the LED and I don't see myself going through this 84 times. This morning got a hold of ShopJimmy, right now they just received new strips, they were BO and they do have black stand of hole instead of white, they assured me that no halo.

Comment

for sure, would hate to do it 84 times.

Comment

All of Aliexpress backlights/lenses of that type are like that, at least I haven't seen anything better.
            For me the only solution that works perfectly is to use original backlights from TV with broken screen.
            Also even originals get blue tint over time because of yellow LED coating cracking. So replacing single LEDs may not produce good results as the new LEDs will be whiter than the rest.
            Next, LG backlights use both white and black glue. However the only ones with white glue have lenses falling off eventually.

Comment

Order the strips from ShopJimmy, I'll post back when they are installed.

Comment

I'm sure shopjimmy doesn't make their own strips, there must be a more economical alternative, if they can buy them from china or wherever then so can we, not a huge deal but they mark them up at least 100%. I don't know where exactly, havent looked into it at all but will if I run into this problem.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-01-2022, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X