Sony KDL-55EX620 stand-by present, no stand-by light, AC_OFF_DET @.47V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-55EX620 stand-by present, no stand-by light, AC_OFF_DET @.47V

I guess the question would be... forgetting plugging in the usb.... what happens when you power up the set and attempt to turn it on with the "new board"? I would suspect that if you don't get some "form" of display, then you have more problems than firmware.

I guess with your experience in this post, you should be able to quickly check the voltage to see if anything has changed from the "old board" situation.
    Last edited by budwich; 04-04-2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Sony EX series 5 Time red LED flash cause by shorted components on T-CON or the Panel Taps. use your DM on Diode peep ton mode black to chassis and with red line check all C which had short and follow it line.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
        I guess the question would be... forgetting plugging in the usb.... what happens when you power up the set and attempt to turn it on with the "new board"? I would suspect that if you don't get some "form" of display, then you have more problems than firmware.

I guess with your experience in this post, you should be able to quickly check the voltage to see if anything has changed from the "old board" situation.
        Originally posted by Diah View Post
        Sony EX series 5 Time red LED flash cause by shorted components on T-CON or the Panel Taps. use your DM on Diode peep ton mode black to chassis and with red line check all C which had short and follow it line.
        Ok I checked the LVDS cable at the main board and it was misaligned. Re-installed it and plugged the TV in. Immediately the red standby light was on and the amber light was flashing. I inserted the thumb drive and it looked like the update was taking. Eventually the amber light turned off and the stand-by light was flashing 10 blinks.

So....what is the good news? Did I brick the turd?
        They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

forget the update... if this MB came to you will last firmware it will never take it again.. consider only on the error
          so confirm again that you have now 10 flash error ?

Comment

forget the update... if this MB came to you will last firmware it will never take it again.. consider only on the error
            so confirm again that you have now 10 flash error ?
            Yes, 10 flash error confirmed.

Board came from a reliable supplier/refurbisher.

Comment

agree.... does that set actually startup and display?

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                agree.... does that set actually startup and display?
                Plug TV in, stand-by light on solid.

Turn TV on, green light comes on, backlights flash but no picture (screen does not white flash anymore but no OSD).

Stand-by light starts blinking 10 times and repeats

Comment

plug ur tv out from wall socket for about 5 minutes. at this time press the power knob on the TV several time. after the 5 minute plug it on and tell the result..

Comment

plug ur tv out from wall socket for about 5 minutes. at this time press the power knob on the TV several time. after the 5 minute plug it on and tell the result..
                    Stand-by light illuminated solid red, no flashing

Comment

with yours RC inter diagnostics mode by press as following from STB state

Display, Channel, 5, Vol Minus, ( Not plus ) then Power

Comment

with yours RC inter diagnostics mode by press as following from STB state

Display, Channel, 5, Vol Minus, ( Not plus ) then Power
                        Don't see a button on the remote labeled "channel" other than the channel up/down button. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by DXseekerMO View Post
                          Don't see a button on the remote labeled "channel" other than the channel up/down button. Am I missing something?
                          channel 5 mean the no 5 on RC

Comment

channel 5 mean the no 5 on RC
                            lol ok so to confirm the buttons to press on the remote are:

display, 5, volume down then power?

Comment

correct

Comment

correct
                                After pressing the buttons in the order specified the TV turns on, the Sony logo comes on screen, the TV appears to turn off and we're back to the 10-blink code.

Comment

at least this first time you see Sony logo on screen..or..?
                                  Try again to plug it out from wall socket for 5 minutes or more then repeat this.. diagnostics mode

it may this error was registered on MB before it came to you... however we need now to clear all error code on it

Comment

Try again to plug it out from wall socket for 5 minutes or more then repeat this.. diagnostics mode

it may this error was registered on MB before it came to you... however we need now to clear all error code on it
                                    The screen was facing down after re-setting the LVDS. Before entering diagnostics mode I put the TV back on the stand with the back off and this is when I saw the Sony logo.

I am letting it sit for 5min then I will re-try

Comment

This time it looks like the Sony logo tried to display but it did not, back to the 10 blink code

Comment

do it again.. by plug it out from wall socket. this time reset all cable socket on the Set. check the LVDS side which was not correct seating. if any of silver pin was broken or moved to side or get short

Comment

after this time when you do it, don't inter diagnostic mode... inter from STB state to service menu... with RC Display , 5, volume up , power

Comment

Working...
                                          X