Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-55EX620 stand-by present, no stand-by light, AC_OFF_DET @.47V

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    after this time when you do it, don't inter diagnostic mode... inter from STB state to service menu... with RC Display , 5, volume up , power
    It turns on, I see a brief flash of the on-screen display and it shuts off and goes to 10 blinks.
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

replacing MB of Sony like Lotto, segment data on this new MB don't match yours set or it had fault by firmware caused by you or seller. . send it back and hole other one be sure for 55. as yours set.

Comment

you might want to verify / compare some of the voltages / signals that you had from the other card that didn't work "at all"... to see if anything pops out at you before you send the latest card back.... especially when you get the logo on... hopefully long enough to check some things (hope you have some "hand help").
        Last edited by budwich; 04-04-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
          Regarding to AC_DET force on is safe or not, if you look at the schematic of the power supply, you will see that the PULL-UP resistor resistance is 8K2 +100 OHms, so you can simulate that by disconnecting the wire going back to the main board first then use 8K2.
          where are the points here.. !!! just to sound i am wrong?

simulate PSU to turn on specified line of V. its way we do to be sure PSU working as it should. instate the eeprom script or cpu. in this case MB should be out from this test.
          AC_DET never being part at any script in eeprom or or firmware. its hardware.. and any hardware if you simulated will toast other component

PSU Simulating ONLY to replace Script of eeprom or CPU.

Comment

Replacement main board installed, no change in status.

TV turned on and displayed the logo the first time then shut off and the red light blinks 10 times. After a 30 second power reset the TV will turn on with no logo displayed then shuts off and the red light blinks 10 times.

Same sad story as before.

DAFUQ?????

Comment

And just like a stinking Sony there's almost no info about the 10-blink code. Some places say it doesn't exist, or that it indicates a "watchdog timer" problem, like a processor issue?

How about it? Anyone? Does anyone here have experience with the 10-blink code?? Can anyone tell me where to start???

Comment

I just went on toms service manuals looked at a 46ex501 manual. Heck they don't even list a 10-blink code.

I fucking hate this TV.

Comment

So I guess no one here wants to help me anymore????

Comment

How did we get on

Comment

Working...
                    X