Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visio M470NV Flashing Logo

Hello All,

I am here in search of help with my television. Today, I was in my kitchen not able to see my television but able to hear it when out of no where my background noise just quit. I walked into my living room to my surprise I found my television appeared to be turned off and the on/off logo was flashing from orange to blueish white. Of course, first thing I did was jump online to find out what would cause this and attempted to “reboot” it by unplugging the television and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, no changes. I tried unplugging it for 3 minutes, nothing. The logo does not flash on the television and the volume does not work either, it's just a black/off screen and this flashing light. So, naturally I started to take the back off but it seems as if there is more back there then I know what I'm looking at. Any help on diagnostic stuff would be great, these photos are of my television. Thank you!!
    Attached Files

Re: Visio M470NV Flashing Logo

Originally posted by Amcguigan View Post
    Hello All,

I am here in search of help with my television. Today, I was in my kitchen not able to see my television but able to hear it when out of no where my background noise just quit. I walked into my living room to my surprise I found my television appeared to be turned off and the on/off logo was flashing from orange to blueish white. Of course, first thing I did was jump online to find out what would cause this and attempted to “reboot” it by unplugging the television and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, no changes. I tried unplugging it for 3 minutes, nothing. The logo does not flash on the television and the volume does not work either, it’s just a black/off screen and this flashing light. So, naturally I started to take the back off but it seems as if there is more back there then I know what I’m looking at. Any help on diagnostic stuff would be great, these photos are of my television. Thank you!!
    That picture is of what you probably know by now to be the power supply but that is not the culprit.
    The problem is the solder balls on the EPROM on the main board have become disconnected (the other uncovered board).
    REPAIR RECOMMENDED FOR EXPERT REPAIR TECS ONLY!
    An easy and effective way to TEMPORARY repair the tv is to remove the main board, wrap it in aluminum foil, set your home oven to 390° - 400° put the wrapped board on a flat pan with the connections up in the oven for 10 minuets, turn the oven off, open the oven door DO NOT MOVE THE BOARD and allow the board to cool for 45 minuets, reinstall the board and if it don't work at least you tried, It has worked for me 18 times !
    NORMALLY THIS HACK ONLY LASTS ABOUT 3 MONTHS.
    Last edited by Newbie62; 08-30-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Re: Visio M470NV Flashing Logo

Originally posted by Newbie62 View Post
      That picture is of what you probably know by now to be the power supply but that is not the culprit.
      The problem is the solder balls on the EPROM on the main board have become disconnected (the other uncovered board).
      REPAIR RECOMMENDED FOR EXPERT REPAIR TECS ONLY!
      An easy and effective way to TEMPORARY repair the tv is to remove the main board, wrap it in aluminum foil, set your home oven to 390° - 400° put the wrapped board on a flat pan with the connections up in the oven for 10 minuets, turn the oven off, open the oven door DO NOT MOVE THE BOARD and allow the board to cool for 45 minuets, reinstall the board and if it don't work at least you tried, It has worked for me 18 times !
      NORMALLY THIS HACK ONLY LASTS ABOUT 3 MONTHS.
      The failed/failing BGA is under the processor not EPROM and lead free solder melts at 217c/422f, perhaps that is why you're seeing a failure after 3 months. Are you adding flux ? It will help with the reflow but perhaps not the best idea to do in an over you want to cook food in, in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X