Samsung 4k dark areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 4k dark areas

you still misunderstand. IF you are seeing them, they are not disconnected from the panel. If they were, they would be gone as there is nothing to keep them there. Anyways, you can likely get rid of the "dark side band" by removing all of those side tab on the "troubled side". You might get lucky and the set will be almost "perfect".

IF you provide a picture of exactly what the side tabs look like, we can confirm this better.

Comment

ok i will answer when I get home. But I remember (not sure) when took apart the other day that I have removed a metal panel to expose the bottom tabs right? i touched them to allow presure looking for errors but all seemed fine.... then I ve noted that the lcd panel had tabs "floating free" at both sides not being connected to anything (I think) color brown---- are we talking about that here? they were all unconnected because I saw no board at right or left (I was always seeing the tv from the back)

this is not my panel but here I marked in red the similar tabs that i have in mine. if needed i can take appart mine again, not problem I apreciate your help!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by marce002; 06-12-2018, 11:28 AM.
      Marcelo J

Comment

God!! I have just found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_HN62eDv5c

Should I try!! what is the scienific reason this side tabs exists? will them ruin the FULL HD or 4k leaving the set in 720p? in my case shoud I also remove left side of tabs looking the tv from front of screen as stated in the video? or remove tabs from offending side, in this case right side?
        Last edited by marce002; 06-12-2018, 11:51 AM.
        Marcelo J

Comment

that is the "standard save" (removal of the tabs on the bad side). Lots of posts on this group dealing with that "method". It will likely solve your "dark side issue" but it may / will not solve the "spotting" that you pictured.

As I indicated the side tabs for this particular set "interconnect things" on the panel itself and don't go to an edge board. If you look closely at the tabs, you will see that the traces inside the "tab tape" go from one side to the other and probably pass thru an IC that is bonded to the "tab tape".

Anyways, with their removal, the resulting picture will be "OK"... you may notice some "non-uniformity" across the screen in terms of brightness but no where near what you are currently seeing. Read up of some of the thread especially around sharp 70 in sets where this is a major problem and the only way to "save" these sets from the dump. Note: once you remove the tabs, there can never be replaced so be certain that this is your "last choice".

Comment

yes I understand no way to place them again, but not clear to me if

1) only valid method for 3 tabs per side not 4... i cant remember how many i do have

2) if 1920x1080p and 4k will still be present after removal.
            Last edited by marce002; 06-12-2018, 01:27 PM.
            Marcelo J

Comment

it doesnt matter how many tabs there, thay all have to be removed on the troubled side. the tabs have nothing to do with the resolution... they are used to drive the signal towards the panel. you might see a slight refresh difference and an uneveness / slight shade across the screen during screen displays of solid colors. anyways, read / search thru the forum as suggested.

further, I wouldn't necessarily pull the tabs with the power on. The youtube guy may have been lucky that he didn't take out the other drivers at the bottom of the panel. Anyways, as you see in the youtube video, his tv is "much better" once the tabs have been removed.
              Last edited by budwich; 06-12-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Nice video, but I would not recommend you remove those tabs while the TV is turned on. Make sure you perform the tab removal while the TV is OFF.

Comment

Ok... here some pics of mine (made with my S7). 6 tabs in each side. Not aparent burned or hot while turned on on any of 6.... not sure if proceed or not because seemd not burned and failure is not "flickering"

PD it does not have any side board , so no cable to remove prior to test. as you see tabs are directly connected to the panel
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by marce002; 06-12-2018, 04:55 PM.
                  Marcelo J

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post

ITS not a LED screen... its LED backlit... the screen is an LCD based screen.
                    QFT, unless it's OLED! OLED is a new revolutionary tech that's supposed to put LCD panels, including IPS, to shame!

OLED is not related to LCD!
                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 06-13-2018, 06:20 PM.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Samsung does not make OLED TVs. OLED is flagship to the LG brand of flat-screen TVs that do not work with a backlight but rather each Pixel is a cluster of RGB LEDs.
                      QLED on the other hand is flagship to the Samsung brand and is basically a LCD TV that works with a backlight.

Comment

Working...
                      X