Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN50H6201 panel problem, half screen

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
    Disconnect the ribbon cables from the tcon to the panel one at a time to determine which side is bad. You need to flip the lock up to remove the cable. Power tv off between attempts. You should get a good picture on one side. On the side that is bad, block the metal contacts of the ribbon on the outside edge with scotch tape or shipping tape. I would start with blocking 2-3 pins and increase if it doesnt work. Again power off the tv between attempts.
    Got it to work on first try with tape. Do you know how long this “fix” will potentially last?

Comment

Hi guys. I registered here just to say Thank you for that help. I am dealing with my UE50F6670 all day long - no pictures but backlights on. Disconnectin the ribbon cables one by one cause half the screen to works. And i just used that advise to put some tape on the ribbon cable corespond to the faulty side and it works now. Thank you so much. I am just wondering if you have any idea how long this will works?

Comment

I've done this mod on 5 or 6 tvs including one yesterday and none have come back so far.

Comment

Glad to hear that. Were they all Samsung ones?

Comment

Not sure who first did this fix but there it is about 6 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vl7-vZEL8

Comment

Originally posted by Dobsuk View Post
              Glad to hear that. Were they all Samsung ones?
              Mainly UN50H panels, one UN50F, one UN58H and one LG 50LA with horizontal lines. Had a Sharp 60" panel with one side bad. Tape didn't work but ripping off the side tabs did but only lasted a month.

I did see some older youtube videos with the tape method for repair but it was unclear what they were doing.
              Last edited by neilc6; 05-03-2020, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                Not sure who first did this fix but there it is about 6 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vl7-vZEL8
                Yeah i saw few more topics about that and i am not complaining who is the first. Just answered here because i read it for the first time here. Thank you.

Comment

No, was surprised that the guy with "all the knowledge" from Italy didn't know about it before 2019.

Comment

So my TV just stopped work again. But before that i noticed some small burned pixels on the bottom left side corner where i put the tape (1st attachment).

Then i switched the TV off for a while and i switched it on again and it was working again but sometimes the same corner is going to lights up more than usual (2nd attachment).

So, i do not know what to do now. May be i need to tape more pins on that ribbon cable ��...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ok. I removed the tape and put it again. I needed few attempts to make picture comes on. But it is working again - i mean i've got picture put it still flasging on the bottom left corner. Is it possible to have and some Tcon issue? This is a photo of my tcon:

Thank you.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok guys. I just replaced the TCON board and it is working now. But i am wondering about these 3 blue leds on the TCON. Should all of them be on if everythings is ok? Because i've got only 2 on and led3_avdd - off. Could that be a problem? I am interesting and about the normal temperature of the TCON board. How can i understand if it is overhearing?

Comment

Just found now that the third blue led on the new TCON does npt come on does not matter if the ribbon cables are connected or not ?!? Is that mean faulty TCON?
                          Then i put back my old TCON and i can see all three leds on. The tv is working but this flash in the corner.
                          With the new TCON the tv looks to work normal even that led3_avdd is off but i am afraid to leave it working for longer before to hear your opinion.
                          Last edited by Dobsuk; 05-22-2020, 06:01 AM.

Comment

what does this mean... "it is now working"... are you saying a different tcon board allows the screen to be "clear" (ie. no problem in the corner) and you need no taping to cutoff any pins?

Comment

Yeah, i do still need to tape some of the pins but at least that flash in the corner is missing. But i am just wondering about this led3_avdd....

Comment

Not that one would want to "play" too much with a "compromised" set when you got it to finally work OK, but the question would be... with the "new tcon", have you tried running it without the tape -> and then do the all leds light like the old tcon? Again, this could be one of those "universe questions" that you may not need answering IF you set is functioning as you want / need. My fear would be that more playing may cause an unintended issue with the new card. Having said that, have you measured the voltage at those points for the two different cards.... this test doesn't require you changing any taping, ... etc. It is just a electrical check to see if there are explainable differences.
                                Last edited by budwich; 05-22-2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

First time when i tried my "new tcon" was with tape on the pins as it was with the old tcon. And it was working but i was afraid to leave the tv on for longer because i saw that this led3_avdd does not come on and I did not want to damage the "new tcon".

Comment

I understand. I would still do the measurements on the old card as suggested, check the points related to the leds (ie. avdd, etc I can't see where all the leds are in the picture). Measure those... that won't impact anything... taping, the new card, etc. This may at least give you some baseline.... and then you can decide whether to take the risk to do a similar test with the other card. I am guessing that indicator is functioning correctly and because of the masking, it is correct. On the old card, I am guessing the circuitry around it not ok and hence, it is misleadingly lit.... just a guess. Of course, as you "ponder", the indicator could be that there is an issue with AVDD (loading or otherwise) and it could be "unhealthy" to run. Having said that, you indicate no change in the third, with or without the tcon to panel cabling connected.
                                    Last edited by budwich; 05-22-2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Hi, yall

New here. See this thread just sort of ended....

I just obtained a 50" Led Samsung UN50H6350AFXZA 2014. ($20) Backlight on, no picture. Able to get half the screen working half white with ribbon removed from tcon.

I did the taping thing on my right (facing back of tv) tcon ribbon (about 3 pins) and It's working but in my case I have all 3 leds on the board lit and have not ordered or replaced any parts.

Any advice/tips/input??

Comment

but what you are asking? your tv works right so where's the problem?

Comment

I mean...it's not going to cause anything to explode is it? Something went wrong before to cause it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X