Panasonic P60ST60 7 Blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic P60ST60 7 Blinks

Hey guys, so I bought a 60 Inch ST60 from a guy yesterday for $100 that had the 7 blinking lights. He had already replaced the the SC, SU and SD boards, but still had the 7 blinking lights, so he decided to cut his losses. I decided to take a crack at it and followed a flow chart for a ST50 (I assume these TVs are nearly identical for troubleshooting). I disconnected the SS11 cable and got 8 blinks. Can I assume that the SS board is the culprit here? Anything else I need to verify or test before ordering a replacement?

Thanks for the help!

Oh and Happy New Year!
    Last edited by Daeyx; 01-01-2018, 10:30 AM.

Re: Panasonic P60ST60 7 Blinks

If the other boards that were replaced are known good, then the only other 2 boards that are left are the ss and the a boards.

Comment

You can test every mosfet on the ss board for shorts and replace them, or shopjimmy has 31 of them in stock for $ 40. Maybe cheaper on ebay.

Comment

I saw an SS board on shop jimmy for $39, might be better to just buy a new one at this point I guess. But I will test the mosfets.

Comment

It is also worth checking the SU and SD for shorts.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I tested the originals last night. Neither one had any shorts, I will test the replacements.

Comment

Does anyone have a link for the ST60 flow chart? The SS board is different on this model compared to the ST50.

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
                You can test every mosfet on the ss board for shorts and replace them, or shopjimmy has 31 of them in stock for $ 40. Maybe cheaper on ebay.
                What is the proper way to test the mosfets on the ss board using a DMM? Do I have to worry about damage using the tester for touching the wrong parts? Sorry for the questions, still new and want to be sure.

Comment

First thing to check is the SS11 connector. A beep that lasts longer than 3 sec. is a short. There are some mounted to heatsinks and some that are surface mounted. The tab on the smd ones is the middle leg of the through hole ones. Use a dmm on continuity mode(beep). Measure the parts that have a Q for a location number(like q421) across the outside legs then center to each outside leg. Beep is a short. Remove all that beep and test the connector SS11 for a short again. Parts that have a D are diodes. They will read short untill bad fets are removed. After that they will read short across the outside legs which is ok. If they read short to the tab or middle leg, its bad.

Comment

First thing to check is the SS11 connector. A beep that lasts longer than 3 sec. is a short. There are some mounted to heatsinks and some that are surface mounted. The tab on the smd ones is the middle leg of the through hole ones. Use a dmm on continuity mode(beep). Measure the parts that have a Q for a location number(like q421) across the outside legs then center to each outside leg. Beep is a short. Remove all that beep and test the connector SS11 for a short again. Parts that have a D are diodes. They will read short untill bad fets are removed. After that they will read short across the outside legs which is ok. If they read short to the tab or middle leg, its bad.
                    Thanks, I will look into doing this.

I did test the SS62 connection as per the Panasonic manual for continuity and it did come back with an error when testing pins 1 & 2. Does that mean anything?

Comment

That is the connection to the screen. All the "pins" should be connected to each other. Same as SS64. Look at the ribbon itself and you will see what I mean.

Comment

Hi Tvtimmy. So I tested the the mosfets. 3 out of the 5 that I tested had continuity, so I am guessing those are bad?

The SS11 connector also came back beeping too.

Comment

Did those devices have continuity between all three pins?
                          Were they marked with a "Q" number, e.g. Q654, rather than a "D" number? (Printed on the PCB itself near the device.) Diodes, marked D, can show shorts between pins due to their internal design. IGBTs/MOSFETs should never show shorts.
                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tom66 is right. If the "Q" part numbers read short/continuity you can remove and test again.

Comment

That is correct, I tested the mosfets with the Q numbers and tested all 3 pins. 3 of the mosfets showed continuity and 2 of them didn't.

Comment

OK, then those parts are bad.
                                Can you show us some pictures of them and the circuit around them?

Comment

Sure thing! Thanks for the continued help!

I have no idea why my images aren't being displayed here...
                                  Anyway, here are the photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WN2J2XVTi4AULIGk1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NfXrCkf0EyiugbXv1
                                  Last edited by Daeyx; 01-02-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Did you test the ones standing up screwed to the black heatsinks?

Comment

Did you test the ones standing up screwed to the black heatsinks?
                                      Just tested those now. The heatsink directly above the pictured mosfets. The Q'd Mosfets on the left side appeared to be fine. The D'd Mosfets on the right had continuity (Which I assume it what I want).

However the two Q'd mosfets underneath the far right heatsink both had continuity (Which I assume is what I don't want).

Photo Attached.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aplnVaMKmjCyXd6n1

The far heatsink on the other side of the board also appeared to be fine.

Comment

It looks like your SUS_UP and SUS_DOWN switches -- IGBTs -- have failed.

You can replace the 30F132 with 30F131 (widely available)
                                        We would need the part number of the devices on the heatsink to confirm replacements for those

You may also need to replace the driver ICs, highlighted.

These are surface mount parts and can be difficult to replace if you have not got surface mount experience. Learning is pretty quick though. If you want to take the risk, don't replace them. About 80% of the time, they survive, but when they fail, they can damage the new IGBTs.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X