Digihome 32DLed906

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digihome 32DLed906

its certainly a odd fault but like you have said the new leds you have fitted seem brighter so this maybe just a colour match issue but could also be wrong amp rating i guess im still learning but im sure flocko may advise as he has a ebay shop and sells some leds so hopefully he can advise

Comment

There are four strips in this TV here are the part numbers
      Two strips have 94v-0 1222 32" ROW Rev0.9 2 A-TYPE 6916L-0881A
      Two strips have 94V-0 1222 32" ROW Rev0.9 2 B-TYPE 6916L-0923A
      They are all 25 and a half inch in length.

Comment

I will try to find replacements using these part numbers now as I was only trying to find replacements using TV model numbers.

Comment

i will have a look through my spare strips tomorrow, did you replace leds on all four strips? im wondering if its possible out of curiosity really, too test the amp draw on a untouched strip and and a repaired strip

what also maybe a option is to buy one strip that matches the part number from one of your strips then cut up the replacement strip and use the stacking method of repair that way your using oem leds from a original strip, (i dont know if i would risk using heat too remove just the leds then heat too replace the led as two heat cycles may ruin them hence recommending the stacking method)
          Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-29-2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I have replaced at least one on all four.

Comment

The cheapest I have seen these strips for so far is £40.00 for the complete four (used) this would not be worth spending on this set.
              If any one has any info where I could pick these up at a lower price would be very grateful,

Comment

hi once im back home i will see what strips i have in my spares, how many total leds are used in this tv, im wondering if its just worth replacing all of the leds in one go and if possible with genuine leds as may work out cheaper.

Comment

Hi Vince
                  There are 9 LED's on each strip so a total of 36 LED's . Now I understand where you are coming from but I also think that the point that Dick Barton mentioned is that the lenses have to be spot on over the LED and when you remove the lenses the odd one seems to snap one of the three legs for some reason so I think I would need to as you say get the exact spec LED's and also replace all the lenses with new.

Comment

i must of been lucky as never managed too snap any led lenses but yes they are so brittle and small so easy broke, too replace the lenses all i usually do is have the leds turned on then place the led lense over the led looking down directly over it that way you can see its centeralised over the led before you glue it in place the only place i notice who sells the leds and the lenses is shopjimmy but depends on lense type i guess hence why ive started to also collect smashed screen led sets too salvage the led strips etc but have not been able too collect many recently due to health issues etc.

Comment

Never thought of having them on to put lense over will have to try that next time good tip .
                      You can buy the lenses and also you can buy pieces of strips with lenses and LED's on but whether they would be to dull or to bright it would be a gamble but the only problem it looks like you can only get them from china 3-4 week delivery time ?

Comment

did you buy your replacement leds from china i use the ones budm recommended in one of his threads theres also a seller on ebay called proman hes in the uk sells 25 leds for £10.00 there listed as genuine leds hes sold thousands 100% positive feedback i messaged him a while ago asking about these leds he says they may seem slightly a different colour hue but once sets assembled you cant notice it next time i have a set to repair i might by some and try them
                        this is his ebay page
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/proman28/...p2047675.l2562

Comment

i I have just had a look through the strips i have salvaged none of these match yours sorry
                          Attached Files

Comment

That's ok Vince
                            I have contacted proman I gave him model of the TV the screen info which is LG and the part number of the two different strips in this set he said they will do the Job and asked if he stocks spare lenses so I could order all at the same time but he has not answered about the lenses yet.
                            The one good thing about his LED's is he says he supplies info on how to refit the lenses ?
                            Maybe there is a special way to refit them I will see and keep you posted.

Comment

i have not used proman myself, but have messaged him for advice before hes always helpful i personally would still replace all the leds in one go i know its time consuming but hey once done the set will last as no doubt one of the old leds will fail shortly anyway, have you got a good picture of the lenses your set is using

Comment

I think
                                Your right Vince I will change them all.
                                Here is a couple of pictures let me know if not clear enough.
                                Attached Files

Comment

i did see some loose lenses in my box of odd bits in my shed earlier i will have a look in the morning whats in there, how many have broke so far?

Comment

About four or five maybe but I have not stripped all off yet I was going to wait until the new LED's arrive and then I was going to do one at a time so not to mix them up so if I take one off change the LED then glue the lense straight back on the same way it came off.
                                    I know this will be a very slow process but I stand a better chance of getting it right !

Comment

Thats how i do them one by one, hence got the odd lens from strips i was practicing removing and replacing leds on, i have only cheap basic tools like cheap hot air and soldering station no hot plate as yet but managing ok so far, as this is only a hobby for me sometimes i only repair a couple of sets a month but want too get back into repairs a lot more now as i do enjoy learning about electronics.

Comment

Same with me Vince I was a TV engineer for Granada uk 20 years ago but when the trade slumped I had to change course and get a steady paying job. So all my training was on CRT's and so plasma's and LCD's are new to me but still get a buzz when you can get a TV to burst back to life.
                                        I am the same as you just do a couple a month if I am lucky some times I make money and now and again I might loose money but when I do loose I don't worry as I learn from that and that is priceless .
                                        I am now building up some good tools i.e.: LCD tester, hot air solder station LED tester and other bits and bobs.
                                        I can happily spend hours in my work room with my TV on and work on TV's gives me great pleasure and if I make a couple of bob while doing it I am happy.

Comment

I have worked on the odd crt and vhs videos etc my uncle got me into the hobby when he used too repair crts sets so learnt a lot from him wiltsgrove was our main supplier of parts and grandata i think it was called, the next thing on my shopping list may be a microscope im not getting no younger so eye sight getting worse now and had a few people ask me too fit phone and tablet screens etc so even smaller parts to deal with.

just seen these on ebay whilst looking at something else these could be a option for sets like yours we cant source strips for it says you can cut them down too and a good price imo not sure how long they would last though
                                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-32-I...19.m1438.l2649
                                          Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-30-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X