Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 60PC1D-UE picture messed up

hey...could the logic and y be bad?

i have not tried connecting both new y and new logic together at same time.

Comment

As I said, no idea at this point without a scope.

I could probably solve this in a few minutes if I had it in front of me, but it's not unfortunately.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

my neighbor has an oscilliscope

would you be able to guide us where to test?

Comment

It's not easy if you have no experience with one, also generally would need to be a digital scope as it's hard to get an analogue scope to lock onto the complex waveforms.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

could be p/s issue?

if i disconnect 5v power cable from p/s to y i get good vsc and vsetup

but im sure that 5v powers the logic board which is powered by 5v......when i dosconnect the p/s 5v cable on y the lights on logic are off....

when i have all cables connected and no vsc or vsetup voltages.....i still get good 5v to logic

Comment

No, I don't think it's a PS issue

You gotta understand you're not isolating shorts when disconnecting the data connections. Those are control signals which control the operation of various components on the board. So removing them it's just like turning off part of the board.
              Last edited by tom66; 08-13-2017, 01:33 AM.

Comment

ok thanks.....the odd thing is when i hit menu button while on a/v input i get a perfect menu image even with no vsc vsetup

but a/v video signal from dvd messed up

and if im on tv input over the air...menu display is messed up as well as tv signal messed up

im hoping someone has same tv with same issue who can solve my issue

i appreciatr ur help tom....

ive narrwed it down to power from y to logic.that is affecting vsc vsretup....but what board is at fault is the missing link

Comment

and tom.....the top 4:pins on p3 from y to logic are all testing 5v....

other 3 are 0v....gnd?

Comment

I don't know, but the pins are all in parallel so I'd expect a common voltage. 5V seems reasonable.

Comment

what are vsc and vsetup voltages responsibolities?

with both tested out of range would i get a picture?

would menu osd work and show up good?

i really want to fix this heavy beast of a tv....

Comment

Vsc = for the buffer boards. Scans the rows of the picture and in conjunction with Va is used to program each subfield. (Typically 10 SF per frame, 60Hz frames, 600Hz program rate). Without Vsc, generally would expect overdischarged picture similar to buffer board failure.

Vsetup = Reset voltage for the panel and discharge initialisation. Initialises the discharge and erases previous pixels. Without Vsetup, generally would get dark image with few pixels lit.]

Menu and OSD would depend on the intensity and could appear good/bad depending on the faults at work.

Comment

I had a meter that would not measure the ysus voltages that weren't with repsect to chassis ground. Perhaps your readings are erroneous.

I don't see where you ran the logic board test patterns ? Have you tried using hot and cold air on the main board ?

Comment

thanks....i obtained a training manual for 60pc1d

its incredibly detailed.....too complicated for me unless o know what im looking for

i have it in digital format...its about 27mb

Comment

well like i said....both vsc and vsetup test out of range if control board is connected

so....

Comment

tom....the voltages on xsus test good but is there a chance the x is the issue or buffers?

i know u said no before but im trying to cover all possibilities

Comment

martelli....i tested all votages per serv manual using test points per manual

martelli.....i get good voltages vsc vsetup only if i disconnect control board power

Comment

when u say main do u mean logic control board or a/v input board?

Comment

per serv manual buffer test is one lead on floating ground pad on buffer other lead rake pins on buffer

should be no contnuity

does this sound correct?

i just tested my buffers that way and i get multiple shorts

Comment

and i just looked back and tom you stated how to check buffer for shorts and it is exactly how serv man shows

so i have to assume my buffers are both shorted?

Comment

see pic taken from lg service manual for this model tv
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X