LG 60PC1D-UE picture messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 60PC1D-UE picture messed up

Sounds like an issue with control board signals OR a hardware fault on the Y-sustain causing a short on Vsc - not easy to tell without using a scope and a lot of debugging.
    Last edited by tom66; 08-10-2017, 06:37 AM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

im thinking not y issue only because i replaced y and tv had same symptoms

odds of 2...ys with same exact symptoms rare

u originally said does.it seem y or z issue

so this may indeed be logic issue?

Comment

correction...doesnt seem....i hate touchscreens lol

Comment

Originally posted by shelby5041 View Post
          im thinking not y issue only because i replaced y and tv had same symptoms

odds of 2...ys with same exact symptoms rare

u originally said does.it seem y or z issue

so this may indeed be logic issue?
          I really couldn't say for sure.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

well to me i would think if i disconnect logic board and i get good voltages.....then logic board is bad?

i cant imaging having 2 bad ys with same issue so i have to assume y is good since i get good voltages on both boards when disconnect logic

Comment

unless its a bad panel...and when logic is disconnected its not doing same work and with logic it does more work and hence making vsc and vsetup messed up

..anyways logic board is only $20 so its worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by shelby5041 View Post
                well to me i would think if i disconnect logic board and i get good voltages.....then logic board is bad?

i cant imaging having 2 bad ys with same issue so i have to assume y is good since i get good voltages on both boards when disconnect logic
                You can't apply this logic (pun not intended), as the boards are too interrelated. The logic/control board sends multiple signals that control transistors on the sustain boards, if those signals are bad it could cause your fault. And it is more than possible that you have received a faulty Y... Happens plenty of times.

The one thing I'm fairly sure it's not is a bad panel, this kind of failure basically doesn't happen with a plasma.
                Last edited by tom66; 08-10-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  You can't apply this logic (pun not intended), as the boards are too interrelated. The logic/control board sends multiple signals that control transistors on the sustain boards, if those signals are bad it could cause your fault. And it is more than possible that you have received a faulty Y... Happens plenty of times.

The one thing I'm fairly sure it's not is a bad panel, this kind of failure basically doesn't happen with a plasma.
                  Hey guys I just went thru a similar hell on that Samsung plasma... sounds very similar situation although i know it is a totally different set...
                  Is there a way to do a test pattern test of the control board on this set??
                  On that samsung it had 4 test points marked 1,2,3,4 and i had to jumper a couple together, then with the A main disconnected from the control board, plug it in... I did not get the expected test pattern and it turned out to be a $14 control board....
                  On that model the usual failure was the y-sustain $139 then they replaced the upper and lower y-buffers another $40 and they had replaced the power supply before i got it in here.... started the thread a year ago... LOL
                  Could have done that test pattern test any time....Do not know if this model has such a test.

Comment

faulty board i agree....but with exact same symptom?

ill let u know....

you originally said you thought it was a logic issue.....we will c

Comment

hey doc.....r u saying that ur issue ended up being a bad logic board......?

Comment

update...im stumped

replaced y board ...no change in symptoms and no change in voltage readings
                        replaced logic board no change in symptoms and no change in voltage readings

vsc and vsetup still no good

all other voltages test good

not sure what to do now?

Comment

the only way i can get vsc and vsetup voltages on y board to read good is if logic board to y board is disconnected

Comment

more info..there are 2 cables that go directly from logic to y board

one is a multi pin harness labeled p300 and the other is a wide flat ribbon cable

before i was disconnecting both cables....but if i just disconnect the p300 harness from logic to y i get good vsc and vset up on y...so now i have narrowed it down to just one connector that causes bad vsc and setup

i believe the p300 cable is a power sending cable

any ideas?

Comment

actually its p3 cable not p300

here is a photo of y

im going to take a pic of back of tv..maybe someone can see something else that could be causing the issue
                              Attached Files

Comment

here is pic of back of tv.....

not sure what other boards could be the issue of the problem im having

i do not believe it is y board or logic board since i replaced both boards and no change in symptoms or voltages.
                                Attached Files

Comment

P3 is just the cable that sends 15V power for gate drive. Removing it will remove the transient short issue that is causing your problem, either on the Y or the control board. I suspect though that your issue is caused by incorrect control signals from the control board, but I cannot confirm my suspicions without a scope.

Comment

i replaced logic control board.....no change

Comment

and i replaced y board.....no change

Comment

No idea then. Not without scoping stuff. Sorry.

Comment

ok thanks.....what other board could i replace to solve issue?

i may just toss tv in trash.....it may be non repairable.

Comment

Working...
                                          X