X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic 42GT30. TNPA 5330AB 7 blinks.

Hello guys!

I have trouble with SN board.

As usual i replaced q531+ic502, 3RJPs, RF1501, F131 (q401,402,403) and DAF30. No luck. I heard some hiss sound and then get 7 blinks back. All fets are dead.
    Replaced again. No difference, fets blowed up again.

Next time i used 75w light bulb in series with Vs supply as Alastair E recommended in another thread.

Replaced FETs again. With bulb i fried only Q621,622,623...

Next time i replaced these F131 + Q762.
    At first power cycle i got 7 blinks but no chips shorted.
    At second try i fried Q621,622,623 again...

Can you advise something?

Re: Panasonic 42GT30. TNPA 5330AB 7 blinks.

I'd check , driver ICs, resistors, check the panel output buffer ICs are not shorted, and have you used these parts before and did they work? 30F131, I'd expect all are fakes from china, I went from having things working to stuff blowing up and was due to bad parts.

Comment

Gate resistors is ok, diodes is ok, driver ic's seems ok (i don't know how to test eight pin driver), buffers seems ok - no shorts. I used these chinese F131 before on another TVs with no problems. May be a good luck, i don't know... Very strange.

Comment

Help me guys. Problem with another 5330. Replaced rjp's, 131, Q531+ic502.
        TV powered on and worked for 3-5 minutes, then loud pop - Q423 cracked. 3rjp and 3 f131 shorted. Others seems ok.
        Replaced those 6 fets, tried to power on, fets died instantly, tv didn't power on :

Replaced 3 rjp and 3f131.
        there is something wrong with dg302 readings...
        For Q441 I get strange readings (multimeter in diode mode):
        Red wire to G, black to E - 563 ( on working board I get rising till 1950)
        Black wire to G, red to E - 600 (on working 678, seems ok)

Black to GND, red to G - 1024 ( on working I see rising)
        GND to E - 324( on working 355, seems ok)

I replaced dg302 - same readings.
        Didn't try yet to power on. I think fets will die again because of those strange dg302 readings.

Any thoughts guys?

Comment

There are NO RELIABLE 30F131 on ebay anymore!

Please check this out and also search this forum about fake items. I had the same problem.

http://alpengeist-tvrepair.blogspot....ansistors.html

Use FGD4536TM but be carefull , some are also fake.
          Last edited by Moreno83; 08-07-2017, 01:16 AM.
          I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Ps stop using the items because the parts are blowing up and you get black traces on the board. ( traces blow up ).

The hiss you are hearing is small fire under the fets , i had the same.
            Please remove the cable from the SC board and turn on the TV. Measure the voltage going to the SC board.

It starts with 207V with the blinking led and when it has processed all the info it will go to 215V before shutting down to 7 blinks. ( Because sc board is missing ).

These 30 series all use 207V when you first turn on the tv and full operation is 215V.
            Last edited by Moreno83; 08-07-2017, 02:23 AM.
            I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

There is no visible damages, or black traces yet, only popped rjp . I just wonder why DG302 readings differs...why resistance is not rising now (GND-->G). Maybe some little component died on the circuit. Any thoughts?

Comment

No , i repaired many of these boards. In the beginning i had alot of problems simmilar like yours , i even rebuild this board almost from scratch. ( resistors , diodes etc ). In the end my failures were deu to BAD PARTS FROM EBAY!!

There are a few parts that blow on this board. 6 fets and 2 ic's + fuse and 2 transistors on powerboard.

6 fets ( 30F131 and RJP30H2A ) + 2 small ic's is standard repair. Replace them all for FGD4536TM

DG302 under heatsink does not read short but is actually dead! Replace both of them.
                Shoted DG302 will give 6 blink error or a green led that immediately lights up on SC board or 7 blinks.

RJP63G4 ( bottom board , near c boards ).

DAF30 only reads short because of the FETS that are shorted. Same for RF1501.

Also check for blown diodes and ic's in the middle section next to the big capacitors. These will blow because of the bad parts.

You have 95% sure bad/fake parts from ebay. Take some alcohol/aceton and see if you can remove the marking/logo on the FETS , a good part will hold its marking , on a bad part the marking will vanish.......

Show us a picture of the parts please
                Last edited by Moreno83; 08-07-2017, 03:09 AM.

Comment

=) I checked all big fets, diodes, and driver ic.
                  D401,D641,D642,D481,D482,D421,D643 - ok
                  Q621,622,623 - ok
                  q521,501,762 - ok
                  q531 and ic502 already replaced.
                  gate resistors - ok
                  q600,601 - ok
                  q661, q660 - ok
                  all buffers is ok

yes =-) i use cheap chinese parts from AliExpress. Repaired about 7 tv's - no problems for last year. I agree there is some % bad ones... Maybe now i'm out of luck =) But i doubt about it.
                  i repaired 5349AB recently with dead q40x, q42x, q62x + Q600, Q661,Q660. same parts, no problems.

I replaced both DG302, but i hesitate to try... because of strange readings.
                  normal sn board readings - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0u...JXOU55VHc/view

bad one with replaced DG302 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0u...VnMkt3emM/view

i would not try until i figure out the cause of that ...

Any thoughts about it?
                  Last edited by gatsu; 08-07-2017, 05:02 AM.

Comment

After each short you probably need to replace the driver gate ic and transistor again. Depends a little on the parts used. Im still pretty sure you are using bad parts because there are no good 30F131/RJP30H2A on ebay , especially the cheap ones from china. Trust me , i threw away 250+ of them.

There are also fake DG302 parts from china. There are some threads on this site about these parts....use the search button.

Please take some alcohol/aceton and polish the markings/logo on the parts and see if they stay or vanish a little. A good part will show very bright white marking , has cuts on the edges of the FET and has a deep circle. A small circle or no circle is bad part.
                    Last edited by Moreno83; 08-07-2017, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Also the 30F131 on every part must be stamped the SAME way. So the stamp has to be written in a straight way.

Sorry , the original 30F131 is not made anymore and they used some other parts. Cleaned the marking and replaced the marking with 30F131/RJP30H2a.

Comment

Also the hiss is coming from the FETS above the capacitors. The "FETS" used cant handle the load. Again , check the link i gave you and see how he measures the parts.
                        If you are still 100% sure your parts are good then do as i said:

Remove the powercable and sc20 cable. Black prope on chassis and red prope on SC11? ( Connector going to sc board ).
                        Turn on the tv , you must measure 207V when the led is blinking and then it changes to 215V and shuts down. If you get a huge peak then your PS is faulty and blowing up the sc board.
                        Last edited by Moreno83; 08-07-2017, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Just tested PSU. 204 ---> 214. I think it's ok
                          Can faulty IC502 kill FETs? Or just 6 blinks?
                          Did you see videos with Q441 measures? I replaced it with another - no difference.
                          still wrong measures compared to working SN board.
                          i wonder which component caused that?
                          Last edited by gatsu; 08-07-2017, 08:20 AM.

Comment

No that ic wont kill the fets , it will shut down with 6 blinks usually.

So did you test the parts with alcohol? Can you show us a picture of the parts you are using?

Comment

Working...
                            X