TC-P58VT25 no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC-P58VT25 no display

Hi all. I haven't been on for awhile but I need some help on a Tc-P58vt25.

I was on an old thread and had to back burner this set.
    This went from 7 blinks, blowing up-then to 10 bliinks and blowing up.

I got it to 6 blinks and not blowing up. I reviewed the previous post and tw 2005 said to check Q551 which I did and was not shorted.

It apparently was open,cause I replaced it and the SS and SC leds stay on and no codes.

However, no display. I checked VSCN voltage and only show -47 volts and I know it should be about -190 if I recall.

I do have 207.8 volts going in. Any ideas. I thought maybe I lost a driver but dont know theory that well. Any ideas would be great. I feel like I am so close.

This is the tnpa5175 SC board

Re: TC-P58VT25 no display

Remove buffer from the Tv completely jump SC50 on SC board does Vsc come up ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thanks, I will try that tonight when I get off work. I thought about trying that, I guess i didn't because the buffers checked good.

Comment

Well my results were different but in the wrong way. I still have the 207.8 at the power going into the SC board. With buffers totally disconnected and sc50 jumped,

I have -37.4 volts. I am checking at the resistor marked TPVSCN. I checked Vad and have -187.1 at that test point,

No codes, and led's on both boards bright. I can hear the SC board with the usual hum when it turns on.

Comment

Sc is faulty still then.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I guess I will have to look closer at the schematic to follow it thru.

I know when I replaced the Q16551 I got rid of the 6 blink code. It looks like IC16521 is in the same circuit.

I did replace it on the original rebuild, thought maybe I should replace it again.

Also saw a VSCN generator IC. Anybody have any ideas which area I should be looking at.

I have replaced a ton of parts on this board as most of the TNPA5175 boards.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X