Samsung Plasma HP-S5053 half screen picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma HP-S5053 half screen picture

I have this Samsung plasma HP-S5053 that I picked up online. It had no picture but had sound. Opened it and discovered several bubbled/shorted buffer ICs on the buttom buffer board, so ordered one online. Upon installing it, the TV came on, but the bottom half had uneven bands of brightness. It was as though there were differing bands of contrast for the bottom half. Thinking this is surely a lower buffer board problem, ordered yet another lower buffer board and installed it. This time the picture looked even and normal, alas only for 5 minutes. Now the lower half has no picture at all. Looks like there is still a glow there, but no picture. Half the screen might indicate a lower bad buffer board, but I removed the buffer board and tested it for shorts, found nothing no shorts, also reinstalled the first replacement buffer board, only this time no picture either (the bands were an improvement over no image). Removed the Ysus and tested various things for shorts etc and found nothing (only blew one Zener diode during testing which I removed for now). Anyway, I am lost as to what the hell is going with this TV. Just before posting this I read Tom66 comment in one of the posts that a bad Last IC on the upper board can possibly break continuity with the lower one there by disabling the whole lower half. I wonder if this is correct, but decided to post it hoping it can help me and others.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Plasma HP-S5053 half screen picture

Just to fill more details. Now, when I turn on the TV with the first buffer board I had bought online, the blue bands come on for a second, clears up so that whole screen now looks evenly blue, then the lower half just goes dark. I have attached pictures of the three stages below. I think this may be a Y board fault, but not sure what..
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes this is a Ymain fault, Im unsure what fails exact but something to do with the buffer ram. Try changing the Ymain and get back to us.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Tried another Ysus board. No change in behaviour. I even tried repairing the original lower buffer board by installing two buffer ICs I pulled from another board. No change either. (Due to shorted capacitor on this buffer board from heat , soldering etc, I seem to have shorted the replacement Ysus board.). But I do have the old Ysus board which works fine, so I removed the cap and tried the old Ysus/old_upper/old_repaired_lower_buffer combo,, now the lower half is still black. I think this may be a upper Y buffer problem. Going to order one online next.

Comment

Finally fixed this problem. The lower half being dark was due to a bad upper buffer. Hopefully this will help someone on here.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice fix and thanks for the info Maybe the connection that links the address chain between the upper and lower buffer was broken ?
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Working...
            X