Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN46F5500 electric/overload sound comingbfrom power supply

Hi evryone

Found this beauty behing best buy next to the dumpster when i saw the thin and light it is though can fix it! was made in 2013 so im sure the most usage life on the tv is no more then year and half. When i plug in the tv surprise works i mean all but i hear a electric sound comimg from behing remove the back lid i figure out is coming from power supply the hot side also when the screen brightness is higher the sounds turn louder search in the forum someone had the same issue with a sharp but the tv shut off after couple seconds and was a bad fuse in a inverter board. I gonna include few pictures of the tv parts and also took few videos but not sure can upload it here? can uploaded to you tube and post the link? so you guys can help me, i will apreciatte all your helps and new in this but always like fix electronics and hope i can learn
    Attached Files
    Last edited by boricuafish; 03-05-2016, 06:10 AM. Reason: grammatical error's

Re: Samsung UN46F5500 electric/overload sound comingbfrom power supply

It looks like the capacitor next to the heat sink(the longer one) is bulged. It could be an optical illusion, but look closely to see if the top of that cap is bulged out.(or any of the other caps)

Also, do you have a multimeter? If yes, check the voltages on the power connector.

Comment

you have overload, so do check of the load by....plug out speaker and check if the noise still, also plug out back light and check noise,

next remove LVDS from main board to T-CON and check.. the stage noise disappear the parts make over load.

Comment

[QUOTE=martyparish;636904]It looks like the capacitor next to the heat sink(the longer one) is bulged. It could be an optical illusion, but look closely to see if the top of that cap is bulged out.(or any of the other caps)

Also, do you have a multimeter? If yes, check the voltages on the power connector.[/QUOTE

I check all caps and look ok check the one you told me and look fine voltage from electric cord is 123v
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          you have overload, so do check of the load by....plug out speaker and check if the noise still, also plug out back light and check noise,

next remove LVDS from main board to T-CON and check.. the stage noise disappear the parts make over load.
          Plug out speaker and sounds still, plug out backligh conector from power supply and when power on start bit loud then is hard to hear need get close and sometimes get louder and then is not loud but still present.

Disconnect the lvds cable from t con and same symptoms

Turn off the tv then unplug a cable between the power supply and the main logic board and automatically the screen turn on too bright and the sounds is loud,so higher is the brightness in the screen louder is the overload sound

Thanks
          Last edited by boricuafish; 03-05-2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

then dont do any things till you get the service manual to go inside the service mode to check v COM and others stuff value.

give it signal and reduce back light, contrast gamma to reduce damage on yours PSU, as i think its normal just there over load on it.

Comment

ok thanks i need be a tech to get the manual ?

Comment

then dont do any things till you get the service manual to go inside the service mode to check v COM and others stuff value.

give it signal and reduce back light, contrast gamma to reduce damage on yours PSU, as i think its normal just there over load on it.
                ok thanks i need be a tech to get the manual ?

Comment

i found this on the net hope it help you
                  Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=Diah;636924]i found this on the net hope it help

Thanks dia

my guess is main board is causing the over load or power supply had a issue

Comment

someone can help me to check if the power supply is fine

Comment

Noise at big cap 47uf 450 V are overload outside the PSY 100%
                        follow the 13 Volts, and try to disconnect it from sound amplifier and to LNB section it should one hat short. all these on main board

Comment

Noise at big cap 47uf 450 V are overload outside the PSY 100%
                          follow the 13 Volts, and try to disconnect it from sound amplifier and to LNB section it should one hat short. all these on main board
                          Ok i will check later i have to work soon, so your guess is the main board is faulty?
                          Last edited by boricuafish; 03-05-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X