Yet Another TC-P55GT30 7 Blinking Light Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet Another TC-P55GT30 7 Blinking Light Error

I think this FGB20N60 is not suitable for this aplication.
    The thing is that if you look datasheet for IGBT's that are ususally used, for example 2PG011, 30F131, RJP63F3 etc, they all have Peak (or Pulsed) Collector Current around or above 200A, and this FGB20N60 is 60A. Collector current looks fine, 40A, but peak is a bit suspicious.
    I am not sure if it matters but I know that I would not install that one in place of Q401, Q402 etc.

Comment

Thats what they shipped you? if so those parts are not suitable replacements.

Comment

RF1501 + resistors dont need to be replaced. They only read short because the other parts read short. Same for DAF30A.
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
          Thats what they shipped you? if so those parts are not suitable replacements.
          Yes exact parts they sent in the kit. Kinda sucks my board is probably toast now due to a parts error.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomeroy View Post
            Yes exact parts they sent in the kit. Kinda sucks my board is probably toast now due to a parts error.
            I just ordered the same kit, I'm curious to see what comes in it. I ordered it from their site tho. I'm interested to see if the instructions match the parts shipped as well.

It should be here in the next 7-9 days.

Comment

Shopjimmy repair kits have failed on me before. It happened after the TV was sold to customer and they came back and returned the TV. Will never again use shopjimmy's repair kit for these panny's. But others are OK.

Comment

I will never order from shopjimmy again. 2 out of 4 orders arrived DOA. One time, they tried to argue with me that I didn't know what I was doing. They sent a board for a completely different TV. It wasn't even the board I ordered. Fortunately, I could see it was wrong before I broke the seal open. Otherwise, they wouldn't have accepted it back.

Comment

Spoke with guy from shop Jimmy via email he said no way it's the wrong parts and blamed the melt down on a "leaky diode" as he put it.

Comment

Those guys just sold you a bad repair kit and blame the customer ...lmao.
                    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I've never had a problem with them before, thats pretty crazy. They have been good and vouched for by many before.

Id email them back and send them pictures of the parts, that are not the correct parts.

Comment

I've emailed the company again and included pictures and a link to this thread. Not sure it will help but I'm trying. I'm guessin my board is toast and I'll be on the hunt for a new board. They are had to find these days.

Comment

Not sure if they will reply to this thread. Shop jimmy is not a bad company but the igbt's in your repair kit are not suitable for this tv and thats why the board blew.

Try to get FGD4536TM from mouser or RS. They work perfect.

Comment

My TV is tcp50gt30 if that makes a difference

Comment

No they all use the same igbt's. Originals are 30F131 and RJP30H2A but because there are many fake parts on eBay we now recommend FGD4536TM for replacement parts.

Monitor-09 on eBay is a trusted seller if you are going to buy the FGD4536.

Comment

What about the resistor at r60 that obviously blew? Anyone have a idea of what value to replace it with?

Comment

Its R601 and on my board its measuring 1.4 Ohm. I think its a 1 ohm resistor.

Also measure the outer legs of Q600 and Q601 in diode mode. Beep is bad.

Comment

Service manual says : R16601 D0GF1R0JA047 / 1 OHM,J,1/3W

Comment

Had continuity on outer legs of Q 600 but not at Q601

Comment

I'm a fine solder and replace guy but not much the diagnosis side. Electronics class in HS 20 years ago was a ways back. I just enjoy the challenge

Comment

So i got my kit today, the same FGB20N60 parts shipped to replace RJP30H2A and 30F131.

Its been stated that these might not be suitable replacement parts. Any One have an opinion?

Here are the data sheets i could find.

https://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/...t.jsp?did=7429

I'd like to save this set not start fireworks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X