e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Well after I followed the instructions here and I fixed the tv back in April I'm very sad to say the tv went back out and it's back to square one. Has anyone made a video of putting the new chip on the tcon board???? Can anyone help me please. Thanks

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6zoSLpft84
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Damn great video. I have one more request. Where can I get the chip from? When I searched for it I got a bunch of places from over seas. I really don't want to wait a month for one small chip. Any link or sense of direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

AS15F chip failure does not apply to this T-con, that's other boards.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok so what's the suggestion to solve my problem? I have the vizio 70in. I removed the strips from the right side of the tv. It worked for a month and it went back to no picture only audio. If the chip doesn't apply to my case do I just buy another tcon board? Thanks

Comment

Anyone????

Comment

Has the mosfet shorted out ?

Comment

What can any of you tell me about this picture attached? Recently purchased a new tcon board marked the original ZH. And this is the end result. Want to get my tv fixed any way i can.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by T3xasa22a22in View Post
                    What can any of you tell me about this picture attached? Recently purchased a new tcon board marked the original ZH. And this is the end result. Want to get my tv fixed any way i can.
                    Read the thread ?
                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Well I haven't done any trouble shooting to the mosfet chip but the tv just went out on me. I did remove the strips from the right side. What else can it be? Or maybe I should just test out the chip to be on the safe side right?
                      Last edited by Lynk783; 05-26-2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                        Read the thread ?
                        Id rather speak with someone, thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

Id rather speak with someone, thanks for the suggestion though.
                          If you aren't willing to do any work yourself, don't expect people to go out of their way to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                            If you aren't willing to do any work yourself, don't expect people to go out of their way to help you.
                            how can i do the work if no one is willing to give a suggestion as to how do it? quick to tell me to read a 26 page thread. but goes into detail as to why you will be banned if you ask specific questions.

I'm well aware that certain drivers need to be removed if the t.v. is displaying a black screen, however, what if(as mentioned before) this last ditch effort was wanting to be avoided, and other areas of repair were preferred routes other than just do what everyone assumes is the only route?
                            Last edited by T3xasa22a22in; 05-26-2016, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by malachi View Post
                              if you aren't willing to do any work yourself, don't expect people to go out of their way to help you.
                              +1
                              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

how can i do the work if no one is willing to give a suggestion as to how do it? quick to tell me to read a 26 page thread. but goes into detail as to why you will be banned if you ask specific questions.

I'm well aware that certain drivers need to be removed if the t.v. is displaying a black screen, however, what if(as mentioned before) this last ditch effort was wanting to be avoided, and other areas of repair were preferred routes other than just do what everyone assumes is the only route?
                                To read the thread, go to page one and look through all the posts and carefully examine the words. Then to the next page and the next. I can already see the page which shows how to test this board.

Comment

Ok, now that im off work, i replaced the tcon board and it still had no affect on the tv. But the screen did get brighter. Just no picture.

If i understand this correctly, i need to access the drivers, amd disconnect them one side at a time? Or should i access them and inspect the ribbons and drivers themselves to see if theres any indication of burns etc? If theres no indication, should i just disconnect them ine side at a time, as well as disconnect them going TO the panel? Thats where im a bit confused.

And i need to do this with the tcon board installed? I dont have a volt meter (with me) on hand, so im working with a fixed set of tools.

Comment

I have a question, has anyome figured out what part of the driver board is going bad?

Comment

the driver board ISN'T the problem. The problem is caused by the TAB DRIVER CHIP "embedded" in the panel tab cables.

Comment

So I guess no one has figured out a way to repair or replace them....

Comment

sure they can be fixed... all you need is a tab bonding machine. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X