Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17pw26-3 Psu Unstable Output Any Ideas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 17pw26-3 Psu Unstable Output Any Ideas ?

Probably the other way around. A bad output cap can kill the PFC FET and diode, as there's no where for the inductor's energy to go in the off cycle. Good fix - how'd you determine it?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Cheers buddy and good theory, I had another Psu laying around (pw26-4) that had the corner smashed off and was unfixable, I was using it for the parts for this one. I decided to swap the cap over just to try it as had my solder iron and everything out to repair a Ps50q97hd Psu. So after replacing that cap I plugged it in works normal output now stead even with out a load too bad the tv has sold could have put it back in there
      Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 10-06-2015, 03:27 PM.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I think so too that the bad cap killed the PFC Mosfet and the diode.

Comment

Yeah possibly something in that section went horribly wrong, the cap was a samxon which I have seen used on these Psu's many a time before never seen one fail though. It could possibly be that it was underrated only 180uf for a 42" Ccfl so possibly just overworked and fatigued.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

I'm sure you have plenty of spares from these wonderful vestel TVs, I have cut the cables from a couple and soldered auto bulbs on the end to quickly plug in and test makes life a bit easier since most of them use the same plug types

Comment

Haha fair enough, I did have alot but took them to the company I used to work at and they have kept them. Luckily I wont need the spares because im able to fix them, dare say soon my stash of Vestel boards will grow haha.

Comment

Working...
              X