Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent "interference" - Samsung Plasma PS50A558S1FXXU

Hello everyone

I have recently acquired the above plasma TV which is suffering from a niggling fault.

Basically, the TV appears to be working fine. However, there will be random points during its use where the image distorts (sometimes for a second, sometimes for up to about 5 or 6 seconds). It will also go for periods of a few minutes without distortion.

When I say distortion, it looks like some of the colours get replaced with a kind of static. The pictures attached will explain better than I can!

I have opened the back and I cant see any obvious damage. I have also re-seated and cleaned all the cables.

The issue is happening both though the aerial and the HDMI ports.

I dont know much about the TV before it came to me. It might be possible that it hasnt been used in a while or it is slightly damp so I will leave it running for a few hours and report back if anything changes.

I wondered if anyone had experience this or something similar and had found the cause or a fix for it?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LJBrzozka; 08-13-2015, 09:00 AM.
    "There is nothing quite like the feeling you get when you fix something that someone else gave up as broken"

Re: Intermittent "interference" - Samsung Plasma PS50A558S1FXXU

Probably best to try taking the back off and reseating the connectors the go to and from the mainboard.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
      Probably best to try taking the back off and reseating the connectors the go to and from the mainboard.
      I have re-seated everything already. When I first turned it back on I had a red bar down the middle about 2 inches wide. This then just disappeared and has not returned so far.
      "There is nothing quite like the feeling you get when you fix something that someone else gave up as broken"

Comment

Ahh right I misread it sorry. Do you have a hair dryer handy you can use it to help diagnose the issue ?
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Posting pictures of the back of your tv showing the boards with clear pictures may help you more with fixing your problem

Comment

Let me know if you need bigger images of any board in particular
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X