Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung plasma PS42Q91HDX/XSA turns itself off/on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung plasma PS42Q91HDX/XSA turns itself off/on.

Hey everyone, PS42Q91HDX/XSA Samsung plasma issue here. TV wouldn't turn on so replaced 2 (visually) bad caps on the PCB. TV then fired up straight away and all settings OK. 10 minutes later the set turned itself off and began clicking on/off but not actually turning on (just like a bad cap problem). If I turn it off at the mains for a while, then try it, it's fine again for a short period.
    Should I replace the rest of the caps on the PCB? Are there other issues with this model I should know about?
    Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Re: Samsung plasma PS42Q91HDX/XSA turns itself off/on.

Originally posted by Dakkrew View Post
    Hey everyone, PS42Q91HDX/XSA Samsung plasma issue here. TV wouldn't turn on so replaced 2 (visually) bad caps on the PCB. TV then fired up straight away and all settings OK. 10 minutes later the set turned itself off and began clicking on/off but not actually turning on (just like a bad cap problem). If I turn it off at the mains for a while, then try it, it's fine again for a short period.
    Should I replace the rest of the caps on the PCB? Are there other issues with this model I should know about?
    Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
    reflow all the heatsinked fets etc especially the centre heatsink as these also have a habit of cracked solders. If you keep trying to run it like this those FETs and a whole bunch of smd stuff underside will blow if it does have bad joints.

Comment

Look at the power supply for bad solder connections. Mostly the mosfets and components attached to the heat syncs. They are probe for fatigue. I would try to resolder any suspicious connections on the bottom of the board.
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Lol tw2005 beat me to it.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Hey Guys, you were spot on! Didn't see it when I first checked the board over but on closer inspection, as you both said, the centre heatsync joints were cracked. Reflowed all heatsync and fet joints and the telly works like a bought one!
            Thanks very much you guys rock!

Comment

Working...
            X