Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tv brand do you most common repair ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What tv brand do you most common repair ?

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
    Samsung's are cursed with a horrible flaw I dont tink I have seen one of their lcds or plasmas live past 5 years because they are junk.
    So what LCD/LED TV brand has less problems?, i think these days all of them are made with cheap components,not much choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
      So what LCD/LED TV brand has less problems?, i think these days all of them are made with cheap components,not much choice.
      Panasonic, Sharp (if not rebadged) then -maybe- LG (some are also rebadged)
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Panasonic (most panasonics I repair are plasmas), sharp (not rebranded), sony.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Depends how they construct the circuit, is one of the main factors that will affect how long the components lasts for.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

who is the beter build Panasonic LCD/LED or plasma

Comment

Well, since Panasonic doesn't make the plasmas anymore, () that's kind of an irrelevant point, isn't it?

Unless you mean picking up broken, used ones to fix but then it's really a matter of what the fault is with that particular set, regardless of brand....

Comment

Originally posted by drussell View Post
                Well, since Panasonic doesn't make the plasmas anymore, () that's kind of an irrelevant point, isn't it?

Unless you mean picking up broken, used ones to fix but then it's really a matter of what the fault is with that particular set, regardless of brand....
                The most common type of tv I repaired from panasonic were there plasmas and they were always a pain to repair, I know that the picture on there plamas were great but they failed too often in my opinion.

Comment

I've repaired double the amount of Vizios than the next two highest brands (Panasonic and Samsung) 20 vs 10 each.

Comment

I see Samsung, Sony, LG, Toshiba and Sharp. I see a lot more Sonic, Teac, medion, TCL etc, but don't want them, no hope for obtaining service information.

I like Samsungs because they are repairable most of the time. It might be that the quantity of Samsungs sold means repairers get to see more of them compared to other brands. Most times there is a service manual around (which never describes all the boards in there).

=======
                    Samsung = Bad caps, Bad TCons, Bad PFC fets, blown up 8 pin dip high voltage switch mode chips, bad tabs, bad tab chips and bad main boards. Gecko sized entry points to the back of the screen.
                    =======
                    Sony = Really bad dry jointed tab chips, Bad tabs, Bad TCons. Easy at the moment to pickup 46inch screens for next to nothing with bizarre colour issues due to dry jointed tab bond chips
                    =======
                    LG = Bad P/S caps, Bad Main board caps, Bad Main board blocking diodes, Bad main board BGA soldering, sometimes Bad Samsung TCons, Bad mounting and insulation of high voltage areas. Seen some that had burst into flame and eaten the P/S PCB. Loved the obscurely worded service bulletin issued about it.
                    =======
                    Sharp -= Bad front end fets on power supplies (living the dream at 240v here)
                    =======

Wouldn't touch generics which surprisingly includes JVC these days. Toshiba is falling off my desirable list as well, the last two opened had nothing Toshiba in them. Asked for a Toshiba main board quote for replacement and the "proper" techs wouldn't even guarantee the new replacement would run either (the last ones they'd got in were faulty).

Comment

Of all plasmas, Panasonic is hardest to repair mainly due to the complicated driver boards but the picture quality is outstanding and reliability is much longer than typical LED-LCD TV.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
                        I've repaired double the amount of Vizios than the next two highest brands (Panasonic and Samsung) 20 vs 10 each.
                        I have also seen double the amount but plasmas are harder and much more cumbersome to repair.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                          Of all plasmas, Panasonic is hardest to repair mainly due to the complicated driver boards but the picture quality is outstanding and reliability is much longer than typical LED-LCD TV.
                          Plasmas are naturally alot harder but I have had the most trouble off Panasonic's

Comment

Funny, been the complete opposite for me!
                            Depends on how much repair you're willing to do - some of them can involve replacing 20+ SMD components. Fortunately not had to do that yet.

Comment

I usually find any plasma easier to repair because it's generally just a power device problem in them. Plasmas make huge demands on their drive components but they're often discrete components and the principles are fairly simple.

They are made mostly of power supplies, more power supplies and power drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by drussell View Post
                                I usually find any plasma easier to repair because it's generally just a power device problem in them. Plasmas make huge demands on their drive components but they're often discrete components and the principles are fairly simple.

They are made mostly of power supplies, more power supplies and power drivers.
                                You probably havent seen as many debouched plasmas as me then, they are alot harder than lcd.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                  Funny, been the complete opposite for me!
                                  Depends on how much repair you're willing to do - some of them can involve replacing 20+ SMD components. Fortunately not had to do that yet.
                                  I don't like to replace the boards I like the challange of repairing them, its just that I get around 3-5 tvs in a day I want to get jobs done fast things get pushed to the back and then they dont get sorted and basically a nightmare.
                                  Lcd when they fail I can normally tell with out even opening the tv, but plasmas are alot harder to diagnose the fault on the specific board.

Comment

You probably havent seen as many debouched plasmas as me then, they are alot harder than lcd.
                                    It depends on what you like for repairs. Plasma involves more troubleshooting but my success rate is much higher because LCD seems to have too many panel failures. I prefer plasmas for reliability, to fix and to watch - you can't beat a good 9G Kuro, or late model Panny/Sammy plasma for picture quality, absolutely outstanding.

Comment

tom from your opinion what is the pourcentage of panel failure of plasma and led, and after some 10000 hours working are pourcentage of panel failure rise

Comment

I agree Tom I have a load of plasmas I need to sort but havnt really had the time to diagnose them.
                                        All though I bitched about plasmas I am a very proud owner of a pioneer kuro 428xd and I flipping love it
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by batocko View Post
                                          tom from your opinion what is the pourcentage of panel failure of plasma and led, and after some 10000 hours working are pourcentage of panel failure rise
                                          Plasma, sub 1% for Panasonic & LG, a few percent for Samsung.

LCD, easily into the 5% range for Samsung, a few percent for the other brands (LG and Sharp.)

I agree Tom I have a load of plasmas I need to sort but havnt really had the time to diagnose them.
                                          All though I bitched about plasmas I am a very proud owner of a pioneer kuro 428xd and I flipping love it
                                          Have you tweaked your set yet for deep blacks & red tint issues?

Comment

Working...
                                          X